• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 8: Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of Science?

JohnBiles

Validated User
Though the one character I remember most distinctively was "Mr. Yamada", who was an alien sports commentator who looked like a fish with a hat.
He was from her very first manga, a brief humorous one shot with a sci-fi humor theme. He cameoed a lot in UY.

Taper

Validated User
Re: Episode #108: Usagi's Dance, In Time to a Waltz!

Ami: "'Basic Dictionary of Ancient Babylonian Language.' 'Fluid Mechanics and Wave Mechanics.' 'Computer Programming Languages and Symbolic Logic.' 'Flight Characteristics of Hirundinidae.' 'You Can Make Your Own Curry Dishes from Around the World.'"
Ami: /blinks and wipes. "…I thought you were majoring in plumbing?"
Mamoru: "Well, you have to know these things when you're a king."
That's a beautiful Monty Python twofer. (And thematic, given the source movie!)

Talitha the Little Girl

Validated User

Mina: "Plumbing's a competitive field. Lot of strange things down those pipes."
I just noticed this. I actually have a story related to this, sort of.

Spoiler: Show

The Day I Flushed My Shirt Down the Toilet

I remember the day well; it was a pleasantly cool Saturday night early in November (the weather around Los Angles was crazy in the winter of 2008; it was one hundred degrees hot well into December), and I was getting ready for bed.

I'm a very modest person. Sometimes people chuckle about my modesty, as Jenna and Hannah later did. That aside, I hate changing in my room because I would never know when Tori (my roommate) would come in (she's a very active night owl), and Jenna and Hannah, my next-door neighbors, felt no qualms about inviting themselves in, either (I don't have a problem with that - all visitors are welcome!). So I developed a habit to change in the bathroom stall (c'mon, fess up, who hasn't done that?).

Even to this day, I still have no idea how it could have happened.

I did my business, flushed the toilet, and started to open the door (it was the sort that opened inside). I had my day-time clothes in my arms, and - all this happened within two seconds, I swear to you - my shirt got snagged on the handle and stretched...

Before I could blink, the shirt snapped forward and flipped in a graceful arc through the air before splashing in dead center of the toilet, which was flushing might I remind you.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Bye-bye shirt.

I tell you, the shirt landed right in the middle of the bowl, and as a result, it didn't swirl around with the water but immediately went down the drain. Like I said, in less than two seconds.

Needless to say, I was shocked. I gaped mindlessly at the toilet who finished flushing and refilled itself like nothing had happened. I waited. Waited, waited, and waited.

...and waited.

But nothing bubbled up from the drain (you know how sometimes things bubble up because they weren't flushed properly? This seems to happen with an alarming frequency with the dorm toilets). I tentatively reached out and pushed down the handle for a test flush.

The toilet happily complied, and I spent another long moment staring at the toilet (to this day, I'm deeply grateful that none of my quad-mates entered the bathroom during my trance, because otherwise I would definitely received a 'what-are-you-doing?' look and uproarious laughter in my face).

Still quit unnerved by what had occurred, and in a state of slight disbelief - I liked that shirt! - I scurried to bed, though it took me a while to fall asleep (who knew that watching your shirt disappear down the drain could give you a huge adrenaline rush?).

Morning couldn't come fast enough; I woke up at seven at morning, rushed to the bathroom and, much to my shock, the toilet was happily sitting there, perfectly normal. Nothing bizarre.

Still, my shirt got flushed the night before, so I stared suspiciously at the toilet, daring it to blow up or go berserk, but nothing happened. So I took a nice, pleasant shower (it never occurred to me that I should check the showers and the sinks - after all, they shared the same plumbing system as the toilets as we found out several months later when the quad next to ours had one of their shower-heads fall off. The entire dorm was flooded - first, second, and third floor. It weren't just the showers that flooded, but the toilets and sinks also. It was quite a week), and went to church.

Naturally, I found the story so amusing that I immediately told people about it (that included texting my quad-mates, which would sort of backfire on me later), and then I mostly pushed the matter out of my mind until lunchtime, which is when I discovered that, yes, there are consequences to flushing a shirt down a toilet. Even if it was an accident.

Jessica texted me: "The shower exploded!!"

I blinked several times in confusion upon seeing that text. "What do you mean, the shower exploded?"

She answered swiftly; "The shower exploded - there's poop everywhere!!"

Ugh, how disgusting. After lunch, Jan dropped me off, and I immediately rushed upstairs (I hated the fact that we lived on the third floor. So many stairs) and nearly ran into Jessica, who looked slightly dazed (perhaps it was due to the smell). She steered me into the bathroom, where I verified her words; the shower had indeed looked as if it exploded.

Sewage was bubbling out from the drain, and the walls - even the ceiling - was absolutely covered with manure. You couldn't see a speck of white - heck, there wasn't even a lighter-than-brown spot.

Luckily for us, the shower in the other bathroom (we had two) didn't explode.

After I recovered from the shock of seeing what Jessica soon dubbed 'poop-shower,' it occurred to me to inspect the toilet. All water had gone; only a weird white crust - I don't want to know what it was, and I never found out - was left behind. A quick peek in the other bathroom revealed that the other toilet had also died. (The sinks still worked, though we didn't used the sinks in bathroom B - the one with the poop-shower - what if there were something in the sinks?)

Keep in mind that it was a Sunday. That meant the staff weren't working, which meant we had to wait a day before we could put in a request to get the toilets and shower fixed (and hopefully cleaned).

Monday came, and our quad stank to high heaven - all other girls (Rachel, Jenna, Hannah, Jessica, Sheri, and Tori) fled the quad, though I stayed behind (I shut my door close and opened the windows; there was an advantage to living on third floor - lots of wind to blow into the room and carry the smell away. Hey, it was effective). The campus maintenance came, though they couldn't do anything (that's how bad it was).

So the school had to call in professionals.

Professionals.

Later, Linna Martz, the Residential Life Director, informed me that every few years, a girl would flush her bra down a toilet and the campus maintenance had to fish it out. The fact that the school had to call in professionals should shed some light on the enormity of this issue.

So Monday passed, and the bathroom B girls (Jessica, Sheri, Tori, and I) were still mooching off the bathroom A girls, much to Jenna's irk. Tuesday came, and the professionals showed up.

They were two huge, bulky, hulking men (one had a walrus mustache).

(Unfortunately, the walrus-mustached man didn't had any tattoos. Or a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.)

They got to work (they arrived around ten in morning). (It just occurred to me that I haven't explained that my room was right across the hallway from bathroom B.) Soon, however, their usual tools prove fruitless - the only thing they succeeded that day was in making the bathroom even more dirty (the bathroom was already tiny, even for me, the five-foot-and-one-hundred-five-pounds girl, let alone two biker guys). Those men - I'm still amazed that they could even fit into the bathroom - kept spreading the sewage around (the filth stuck to their clothes and then transferred to walls).

Oh, the smell still hasn't gone away.

The men left in afternoon, having accomplished basically nothing except getting a grasp of the situation. They returned Wednesday with a large pumping machine (or so I assumed. I had no idea what it was, except that it looked like it could pump). They slipped the large tube down the shower drain and started the machine, and so even more sewage gushed up, yet further dirtying the bathroom.

Later on that afternoon, I opened my door only for a nasty shock.

The toilet was sitting in the hallway, staring directly at me!

For a fleeing moment, I wondered whether I had lost my mind, however after that moment, I realized that the toilet was still there. The men had propped open the bathroom door, and I could see that they were working in the stall, which was missing the said toilet.

I glanced back at the toilet, and I swear that it was glaring at me. After another moment - at which the two men stared at me quizzically - I shut the door close and returned to my seat, throughly shaken.

The men left, their work far from done. The bathroom was even more filthy than before (the sewage had overspilled from the poop-shower and crept all across the bathroom; they even began to seep into the carpeted hallway).

(Thank goodness the school had insurance.)

Thursday came, and the men returned to continue their work. They widened the hole in the wall where the toilet used to be attached to (the two bathrooms were side-by-side; the toilets were back-to-back, separated by a wall, obviously), which meant none of us could use the bathroom A toilet (that hole was half of my height. Needless to say, we could see through it), so for the day, we all had to walk to other quads, the gym, and the library to use the bathroom.

The men continued their work, and meanwhile the sewage from the poop-shower had flooded all the way into the carpeted hallway (later that afternoon, somebody set up a huge fan in an attempt to dry the hallway). Later they left, leaving behind that large hole in the wall that used to separate the two toilets; they didn't even bother to clean up their footprints on the hallway!

However, they returned the next day, and finally they fixed the problem - they returned the toilet (which I was immensely relieved about; I sure didn't like the feeling of that toilet glaring at me through my door!), and started up the toilets. They put plaster in that hole, and left.

Yep, they left. Just like that. And us poor girls were left with a sopping, smelly (and dirty) carpeted hallway, with a bathroom that was covered with sewage (even the mirror and sinks!), and naturally the poop-shower (which was far filthier).

It took four days before Sheri and Jessica, the sponsors, deemed the hallway dry enough to remove that large fan (from that point on, none of us walked barefoot down that hallway again), and the weekend passed without any of the bathroom B girls using the bathroom (c'mon, it was horrid).

Monday arrived, and Jenna was complaining about having to share one shower not with two other girls, but with six other girls, and I decided to take action (after all, it was my shirt that got flushed - it was partially my fault). Next morning, I went to Target and immediately zeroed onto a box of rubber gloves.

Those rubber gloves were life-savers, I tell you.

After I found a box that had thirty pairs (nice!), I backtracked and brought Clorox (the dorm had their own cleaners, but they were really just weak cleaners distilled in water), along with sponges. I also brought a new shower curtain because, needless to say, the old one was utterly ruined. (It had pretty fish on it.)

That afternoon, Tori mopped the floor (twice) while I bravely ventured into the sewage wilderness - the shower. Clorox did the trick; after over half an hour of working, you would had never known that the shower was once covered (up to the ceiling) with manure.

The tiled floor, however, had to be mopped several more times over few days before it looked semi-normal again. For some reason, we didn't clean the walls until Thursday. We did cleaned the mirror and sinks, though.

Oh, it was a week before any of us bathroom B girls dared to use the shower again (much to Jenna's relief) and yet another week before we used the toilet. (We didn't know when the smell faded; we all had become accustomed to it.)

I swear, the E dorm building is cursed; first that minor shirt-down-the-toilet incident which resulted in an exploding shower and a bathroom out of action for over a week (and the southwest quad girls being stranded with no functioning toilets for several days), and then mere months later, another quad's shower-heads fell off and flooded the entire building (which people at first blamed me for merely because I was the first one to report the flooding. I suspect that the shirt-down-the-toilet incident was still fresh in their memories). I'm positive there were more incidents that I didn't know of.

Remember how I mentioned that Linna Martz told me how some girls sometimes flushed their bras down toilets? According to her, maintenance have had found rings, cell phones, bras, even a small toy car once.

But...

They didn't find my shirt.

...and this took place during my first semester at college! Man, it was quite the memorable experience. :p

JeanneHedge

Validated User

I just noticed this. I actually have a story related to this, sort of.

Spoiler: Show

The Day I Flushed My Shirt Down the Toilet

I remember the day well; it was a pleasantly cool Saturday night early in November (the weather around Los Angles was crazy in the winter of 2008; it was one hundred degrees hot well into December), and I was getting ready for bed.

I'm a very modest person. Sometimes people chuckle about my modesty, as Jenna and Hannah later did. That aside, I hate changing in my room because I would never know when Tori (my roommate) would come in (she's a very active night owl), and Jenna and Hannah, my next-door neighbors, felt no qualms about inviting themselves in, either (I don't have a problem with that - all visitors are welcome!). So I developed a habit to change in the bathroom stall (c'mon, fess up, who hasn't done that?).

Even to this day, I still have no idea how it could have happened.

I did my business, flushed the toilet, and started to open the door (it was the sort that opened inside). I had my day-time clothes in my arms, and - all this happened within two seconds, I swear to you - my shirt got snagged on the handle and stretched...

Before I could blink, the shirt snapped forward and flipped in a graceful arc through the air before splashing in dead center of the toilet, which was flushing might I remind you.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Bye-bye shirt.

I tell you, the shirt landed right in the middle of the bowl, and as a result, it didn't swirl around with the water but immediately went down the drain. Like I said, in less than two seconds.

Needless to say, I was shocked. I gaped mindlessly at the toilet who finished flushing and refilled itself like nothing had happened. I waited. Waited, waited, and waited.

...and waited.

But nothing bubbled up from the drain (you know how sometimes things bubble up because they weren't flushed properly? This seems to happen with an alarming frequency with the dorm toilets). I tentatively reached out and pushed down the handle for a test flush.

The toilet happily complied, and I spent another long moment staring at the toilet (to this day, I'm deeply grateful that none of my quad-mates entered the bathroom during my trance, because otherwise I would definitely received a 'what-are-you-doing?' look and uproarious laughter in my face).

Still quit unnerved by what had occurred, and in a state of slight disbelief - I liked that shirt! - I scurried to bed, though it took me a while to fall asleep (who knew that watching your shirt disappear down the drain could give you a huge adrenaline rush?).

Morning couldn't come fast enough; I woke up at seven at morning, rushed to the bathroom and, much to my shock, the toilet was happily sitting there, perfectly normal. Nothing bizarre.

Still, my shirt got flushed the night before, so I stared suspiciously at the toilet, daring it to blow up or go berserk, but nothing happened. So I took a nice, pleasant shower (it never occurred to me that I should check the showers and the sinks - after all, they shared the same plumbing system as the toilets as we found out several months later when the quad next to ours had one of their shower-heads fall off. The entire dorm was flooded - first, second, and third floor. It weren't just the showers that flooded, but the toilets and sinks also. It was quite a week), and went to church.

Naturally, I found the story so amusing that I immediately told people about it (that included texting my quad-mates, which would sort of backfire on me later), and then I mostly pushed the matter out of my mind until lunchtime, which is when I discovered that, yes, there are consequences to flushing a shirt down a toilet. Even if it was an accident.

Jessica texted me: "The shower exploded!!"

I blinked several times in confusion upon seeing that text. "What do you mean, the shower exploded?"

She answered swiftly; "The shower exploded - there's poop everywhere!!"

Ugh, how disgusting. After lunch, Jan dropped me off, and I immediately rushed upstairs (I hated the fact that we lived on the third floor. So many stairs) and nearly ran into Jessica, who looked slightly dazed (perhaps it was due to the smell). She steered me into the bathroom, where I verified her words; the shower had indeed looked as if it exploded.

Sewage was bubbling out from the drain, and the walls - even the ceiling - was absolutely covered with manure. You couldn't see a speck of white - heck, there wasn't even a lighter-than-brown spot.

Luckily for us, the shower in the other bathroom (we had two) didn't explode.

After I recovered from the shock of seeing what Jessica soon dubbed 'poop-shower,' it occurred to me to inspect the toilet. All water had gone; only a weird white crust - I don't want to know what it was, and I never found out - was left behind. A quick peek in the other bathroom revealed that the other toilet had also died. (The sinks still worked, though we didn't used the sinks in bathroom B - the one with the poop-shower - what if there were something in the sinks?)

Keep in mind that it was a Sunday. That meant the staff weren't working, which meant we had to wait a day before we could put in a request to get the toilets and shower fixed (and hopefully cleaned).

Monday came, and our quad stank to high heaven - all other girls (Rachel, Jenna, Hannah, Jessica, Sheri, and Tori) fled the quad, though I stayed behind (I shut my door close and opened the windows; there was an advantage to living on third floor - lots of wind to blow into the room and carry the smell away. Hey, it was effective). The campus maintenance came, though they couldn't do anything (that's how bad it was).

So the school had to call in professionals.

Professionals.

Later, Linna Martz, the Residential Life Director, informed me that every few years, a girl would flush her bra down a toilet and the campus maintenance had to fish it out. The fact that the school had to call in professionals should shed some light on the enormity of this issue.

So Monday passed, and the bathroom B girls (Jessica, Sheri, Tori, and I) were still mooching off the bathroom A girls, much to Jenna's irk. Tuesday came, and the professionals showed up.

They were two huge, bulky, hulking men (one had a walrus mustache).

(Unfortunately, the walrus-mustached man didn't had any tattoos. Or a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.)

They got to work (they arrived around ten in morning). (It just occurred to me that I haven't explained that my room was right across the hallway from bathroom B.) Soon, however, their usual tools prove fruitless - the only thing they succeeded that day was in making the bathroom even more dirty (the bathroom was already tiny, even for me, the five-foot-and-one-hundred-five-pounds girl, let alone two biker guys). Those men - I'm still amazed that they could even fit into the bathroom - kept spreading the sewage around (the filth stuck to their clothes and then transferred to walls).

Oh, the smell still hasn't gone away.

The men left in afternoon, having accomplished basically nothing except getting a grasp of the situation. They returned Wednesday with a large pumping machine (or so I assumed. I had no idea what it was, except that it looked like it could pump). They slipped the large tube down the shower drain and started the machine, and so even more sewage gushed up, yet further dirtying the bathroom.

Later on that afternoon, I opened my door only for a nasty shock.

The toilet was sitting in the hallway, staring directly at me!

For a fleeing moment, I wondered whether I had lost my mind, however after that moment, I realized that the toilet was still there. The men had propped open the bathroom door, and I could see that they were working in the stall, which was missing the said toilet.

I glanced back at the toilet, and I swear that it was glaring at me. After another moment - at which the two men stared at me quizzically - I shut the door close and returned to my seat, throughly shaken.

The men left, their work far from done. The bathroom was even more filthy than before (the sewage had overspilled from the poop-shower and crept all across the bathroom; they even began to seep into the carpeted hallway).

(Thank goodness the school had insurance.)

Thursday came, and the men returned to continue their work. They widened the hole in the wall where the toilet used to be attached to (the two bathrooms were side-by-side; the toilets were back-to-back, separated by a wall, obviously), which meant none of us could use the bathroom A toilet (that hole was half of my height. Needless to say, we could see through it), so for the day, we all had to walk to other quads, the gym, and the library to use the bathroom.

The men continued their work, and meanwhile the sewage from the poop-shower had flooded all the way into the carpeted hallway (later that afternoon, somebody set up a huge fan in an attempt to dry the hallway). Later they left, leaving behind that large hole in the wall that used to separate the two toilets; they didn't even bother to clean up their footprints on the hallway!

However, they returned the next day, and finally they fixed the problem - they returned the toilet (which I was immensely relieved about; I sure didn't like the feeling of that toilet glaring at me through my door!), and started up the toilets. They put plaster in that hole, and left.

Yep, they left. Just like that. And us poor girls were left with a sopping, smelly (and dirty) carpeted hallway, with a bathroom that was covered with sewage (even the mirror and sinks!), and naturally the poop-shower (which was far filthier).

It took four days before Sheri and Jessica, the sponsors, deemed the hallway dry enough to remove that large fan (from that point on, none of us walked barefoot down that hallway again), and the weekend passed without any of the bathroom B girls using the bathroom (c'mon, it was horrid).

Monday arrived, and Jenna was complaining about having to share one shower not with two other girls, but with six other girls, and I decided to take action (after all, it was my shirt that got flushed - it was partially my fault). Next morning, I went to Target and immediately zeroed onto a box of rubber gloves.

Those rubber gloves were life-savers, I tell you.

After I found a box that had thirty pairs (nice!), I backtracked and brought Clorox (the dorm had their own cleaners, but they were really just weak cleaners distilled in water), along with sponges. I also brought a new shower curtain because, needless to say, the old one was utterly ruined. (It had pretty fish on it.)

That afternoon, Tori mopped the floor (twice) while I bravely ventured into the sewage wilderness - the shower. Clorox did the trick; after over half an hour of working, you would had never known that the shower was once covered (up to the ceiling) with manure.

The tiled floor, however, had to be mopped several more times over few days before it looked semi-normal again. For some reason, we didn't clean the walls until Thursday. We did cleaned the mirror and sinks, though.

Oh, it was a week before any of us bathroom B girls dared to use the shower again (much to Jenna's relief) and yet another week before we used the toilet. (We didn't know when the smell faded; we all had become accustomed to it.)

I swear, the E dorm building is cursed; first that minor shirt-down-the-toilet incident which resulted in an exploding shower and a bathroom out of action for over a week (and the southwest quad girls being stranded with no functioning toilets for several days), and then mere months later, another quad's shower-heads fell off and flooded the entire building (which people at first blamed me for merely because I was the first one to report the flooding. I suspect that the shirt-down-the-toilet incident was still fresh in their memories). I'm positive there were more incidents that I didn't know of.

Remember how I mentioned that Linna Martz told me how some girls sometimes flushed their bras down toilets? According to her, maintenance have had found rings, cell phones, bras, even a small toy car once.

But...

They didn't find my shirt.

...and this took place during my first semester at college! Man, it was quite the memorable experience. :p
You've made my day, and it's not even 8:30 yet. Thought I was going to die laughing. Thanks for sharing a great story! :D

Hilarion

Validated User

It...has a rather big spoiler in it.

It looks like it's a mix of clips from the R movie and the S movie.

Anshu

Banned

Okay, so Shadowjack shouldn't watch it.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

It's a good thing I almost never click on movie links without reading the responses on the page below, which tends to prepare me when I see "OH GOD WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THAT?!" type comments, not to mention "Dude, Spoilers!" :p I suppose they'd have a hard time getting me with an Ackbar stunt, since I'd wait to see if anyone exploded from taking the free samples, first… Actually, scratch that, it might be hard to tell on the Internet.

IAmNotADarkKingdomSpammer25935 "Watch this movie! Its awe-sum! ^_^"
HonestPoster17 "…I must now give unending devotion to the Dark Kingdom."
AmiIsLove "ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-YOUMA!"
Some_Guy "I can do nothing but watch this movie and post about it forever, and I am content."
Shadowjack /thinks (Hmm, this might be interesting. Lemme take a look…)

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User

To that end, the Sailor Moon fanfilm linked to up thread is spoiler free. I really didn't like it, but it's worth seeing.

Top Bottom