• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 8: Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of Science?

Hilarion

Validated User
[REDACTED] Is probably the only senshi who's NEVER going to have a public following this season.
What about Chibi-Moon? "Pink Sugar Heart Attack is clearly the Sailors' ultimate weapon, but they're still working on perfecting it. They need to extend the length and have it consistently activate, but it can stun-lock any Daimon long enough for Sailor Moon's finisher!

GearheadPrime

Retired User
What about Chibi-Moon? "Pink Sugar Heart Attack is clearly the Sailors' ultimate weapon, but they're still working on perfecting it. They need to extend the length and have it consistently activate, but it can stun-lock any Daimon long enough for Sailor Moon's finisher!
Once it upgrades to 'Blazing Heart Of The Universe Attack' they'll ALL stop laughing.

Psychopomp

Done Here
Hmmm...I think the same magic that keeps anyone from realizing that the sailors (without masks) are their best friend / high school classmate / new martial arts student / whatever would keep such a group from forming. The senshi are clearly under some sort of obfuscation geas.

It's sort of like how almost all zombie movies take place in a world where there aren't zombie movies....except nothing like that at all.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, there are some in the manga. V has a stalker, and Rei befriends a UFO chaser who's been tracking enemy attacks.
Yep. I just read a bit of a V storyline where, because things have been quiet, Sailor V has slipped from the public consciousness… in favor of the NEXT senshi who turns up and takes over the news cycle. Since he's a devil-may-care pretty-boy, Mina decides she doesn't mind being eclipsed by the new hotness, right up until she has to transform and fight a monster in the studio for his T.V. show, and listen to audience members saying things like, "Oh, isn't that Sailor V? What ever happened to her, anyway? I bet she's just trying to ride on Kaitou Ace's coat-tails!" Then she gets a bit irritated.

What really amuses me is that few people really seem to care. Most of the duels seem to be tabloid phenomena, about as interesting to the public as the latest celebrity divorce/rehab/remarriage/adoption sagas, except for the rare occasions when they take the headlines and affect the whole city. On the other hand, the authorities seem not to mind them; in the Sailor Moon chapter where Usagi and company sneak into that one embassy, after the battle they're hanging out at the party in Sailor uniform, with no trouble from embassy security.

There is another write-up coming down the pipe…

sun_tzu

Validated User
Yep. I just read a bit of a V storyline where, because things have been quiet, Sailor V has slipped from the public consciousness… in favor of the NEXT senshi who turns up and takes over the news cycle. Since he's a devil-may-care pretty-boy, Mina decides she doesn't mind being eclipsed by the new hotness, right up until she has to transform and fight a monster in the studio for his T.V. show, and listen to audience members saying things like, "Oh, isn't that Sailor V? What ever happened to her, anyway? I bet she's just trying to ride on Kaitou Ace's coat-tails!" Then she gets a bit irritated.

What really amuses me is that few people really seem to care. Most of the duels seem to be tabloid phenomena, about as interesting to the public as the latest celebrity divorce/rehab/remarriage/adoption sagas, except for the rare occasions when they take the headlines and affect the whole city. On the other hand, the authorities seem not to mind them; in the Sailor Moon chapter where Usagi and company sneak into that one embassy, after the battle they're hanging out at the party in Sailor uniform, with no trouble from embassy security.
Well, given that this whole thing is weird, but also gets handled by the senshi without too much collateral damage, I imagine it triggers most people's "somebody else's problem" reaction. Sure, there are monsters and senshi, but we don't need to worry about it. Youma attacks only happen to other people.

There is another write-up coming down the pipe…
Yayifications!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode #112: Who is the True Messiah? Chaos of Light and Darkness.

Meanwhile, Back in the Lab
There's no one here, and the equipment stands silent.

But Hidden Under the Olympic Stadium
…deep in a heavily-protected sub-basement, is an immense isolation chamber. It's dark here, too, and quiet, save for the rhythmic click-hiss of an artificial lung.

Click-hisssss.

Click-hisssss.

The chamber is filled with stuffed animals and other toys that have hardly been touched. They have been piled up like offerings before a sort of a throne on a raised dais. And upon the throne, surrounded by this sterile teddy-bear court, sits a person who looks half-dead herself.

Click-hisssss.

It is the girl we glimpsed once before: A child, or a young woman so slight and frail that she still looks like a child. Her hair is dark, cut in straight bangs. She has been clothed in a dolly dress, stark black with few frills, save the familiar dark star emblem on her collar brooch. She slumps in the throne, semi-conscious, hardly lucid, ill or drugged or both. It takes almost all of her energy and attention to draw each staggering breath.

The Professor: /picks up chart. "Good morning, our Messiah of Silence. And how are we feeling today?"
The Girl: (through the intercom) "…head hurts… a little… hurry up… and give… me the… perfect heart…"
The Professor: "Of course. I will take the pure hearts of humans and transfer their energy to you."

Later
A classroom in another sub-basement. The Professor has set up a chalkboard and table for science demos, and there are five desks. One of the five is now absent…

And Mimette sits in the front.

The Professor: "When in doubt, steal from nature, I always say, so here is the model for the new direction of our operations: the cormorant!" /holds one up by the neck.
Cormorant: /dangle dangle. "Squawk?!"
The Professor: "This bird dives underwater to catch fish, keeping them in their throats; properly tamed and trained, this ability makes them key in 'ukai' style fishing. The application to our current situation I leave as an exercise for the student. Any questions?"
Mimette: "widdle Mimette is almost finished with her photo collage shrine of my FAV actor. ♥ can some1 lend me a glue stick pls?"
The Professor: /slams the bird down on the table, sending photos flying everywhere.
Mimette: (O_O)
Cormorant: "…squuuaaawk…" :(
The Professor: "Miss Mimette, is your project relevant to the lecture, or is it something that would be better handled in personal time?"
Mimette: /( ̄へ ̄) (y does everybody keep picking on me? SO unfair!!)
Mimette: /oh noes! (if I don't act quick, they'll start giggling behind my back!!)
Mimette: /(^_^;) "Oh, no, sir! This is totally relevant! Why, this target's heart is so very very pure! lol"
The Professor: "I see. Then I shall sit back and see how you work. There's no hurry, after all; we've seen that Sailor Moon isn't the true Messiah. When the time comes, the Grail will choose its own owner."
Mimette: /desperately trying to cover. "In other words, we awaken our Messiah of Silence first! Yes!"

Oh Shit
The Prof just threw a gun in the daimon kiln.

It's an old Colt Peacemaker, unengraved, plain, blunt, lethal steel. The kiln itself has been upgraded and reprogrammed for the new assault procedure. The final infusion of daimonic essence produces a gust of smoke in the shape of a cormorant displayed. The final product is delivered in a shockproof metal carrying case, of the sort used to carry rocket launchers or terrorist-scale WMD.

Mimette takes up her first case and strides out, dressed like an incognito 1960s movie starlet: yellow trenchcoat, red scarf, red boots, white gloves, big sunglasses.

IKEA
Wife: "I don't know, honey, what do you think?"
Husband: "Well, I like the look, but is it big enough to hold all your dresses and things?"
Mimette: /slams opens the door and walks out of the dresser.
Mimette: /dares anyone to make comment.
Mimette: /walks off, with only a brief stop to grab some coffee at the IKEA diner.
Husband: "…I suppose it is big enough."
Wife: /signals a sales rep. "Excuse me, does that happen often with this model?"

Hikawa Shrine
Having explained all about the immediate situation regarding the Grail, the Messiah, and the Silence, Sailor Pluto packs away her laptop, projector, and note cards.

Usagi: "Thank you, Setsuna! Finally, someone explained all this stuff to us clearly and concisely."
Ami: "But we have just a few more questions regarding the broader context…"
Sailor Pluto: "I'm glad I could be of assistance, but now I must help Uranus and Neptune. Good day." /walks out the door.
Rei: "¡Usagi, quick, grab her!"
Usagi: /runs out.
Usagi: /comes back in. "Gone."
Makoto: "Gone?"
Usagi: "Disappeared. Vanished. Gone."
Rei: "There's nowhere to go, it's a big empty hallway out there. She couldn't have run out that quickly."
Usagi: "Well, wherever it is she couldn't go, she went."
Makoto: "Creepy."
Minako: "Ninjas. I hate those guys."
Ami: "And we're still being left in the dark!"
Luna: "Let's be fair, we've got more than enough to go on for now, and she may have reasons she can't tell us everything."
Artemis: "Taking our own experience into account, she may well not know."

General pouty acceptance of this.

Makoto: "…It's a shame Usagi isn't the Messiah."
Usagi: "Because it'd be easier, or because you like me?"
Makoto: "Both, I suppose."
Usagi: "Thank you. But, seriously, there's some poor girl out there who's getting stuck with the Messiah hat this time, and that's one heavy hat, I know. We gotta find her and help her out!"
Ami: "Where do we start?"
Minako: "By searching at diners*! Get it? Eh? Eh?" *(meshi-ya in Japanese, same pron. as "Messiah")
Makoto: "Mina! That's the first intelligible pun you've made in months."
Minako: "Crap, I'm slipping! Well, at least my other pun got missed by the subtitlers." /ghostly voice. "Urameshiyaaaaa!"
Makoto: "Somebody stop her, please."
Rei: "You can't exorcise Mina, you can only endure her."
Usagi: /frowns, seriously.
Ami: "You seem surprisingly mature about this all of a sudden."
Usagi: "Well, we cut it pretty close yesterday. And I did have a birthday this year, y'know."

Enter Chibi-Usa, just back from school.

Chibi-Usa: "Hello! Awwwww, did Puu already leave? I wanted to go the park with her."
Usagi: "Don't look at me, squirt! We've got important work to do!"
Chibi-Usa: "Grrrrr."
Makoto: "…What park?"
Usagi: "Mako."
Chibi-Usa: "Juban Natural Park."
Minako: "I'LL GO! I'LL TAKE YOU! ME! PICK ME! I'LL GO!"
Usagi: "Mina."
Minako: "Ohhhhhh, don't go sounding like Ami."
Ami: "…"
Ami: /knife. "Mina, what's in that park today?"
Minako: "Er… um… trees, and, uh, benches, and, er… the location shoot for the next Yosaku Eda movie, The Akafuji Gunman…"
Usagi: "I'LL GO! I'LL TAKE YOU! ME! PICK ME! I'LL GO!"
Minako: "That's two!"
Makoto: "Oh, he's so cool. He reminds me a little of… *AHEM* Sorry. Well, anyway, there's this magazine lying right here all about it. Why, a person could make quite a photo collage shrine with all the pictures of him, if she were so inclined!"
Minako: "That's three!"
Usagi: "REI! COME WITH ME REI! REI! PLEASE REI! REI!"
Rei: "…Sure, ¿I guess?" /has no strong feelings one way or the other.
Minako: "That's four!"
Usagi, Mina, Mako: "AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI AMI—"
Ami: "I thought this was serious business today. Why should we, really?"
Usagi, Mina, Mako: /urk.
Usagi: /mind racing. "Ummmmmm… because… um… frell."
Ami: "…What's that, Usagi? You say that since since none of us actually has any reliable divination techniques, we're just as likely to locate the Messiah by blind chance than by any other method, so it really doesn't matter what we do so long as we go somewhere? Why Usagi, that's a very well reasoned argument!"
Usagi: "…Why, yes, I certainly thought so when I made it just now!"
Artemis: "FOUL! No leading the witness!"
Ami: "I'm going to be a doctor, not a lawyer."
Makoto: "Does that mean…?" /hope against hope.
Ami: "Luna! Cancel all my appointments and get my golf clubs! Let's go 'study' this movie production." :D
Minako: "FIVE AND VICTORY! WOOOO!!!"

And So…
In the park, the production crew is busily setting up for the next scene, while the cast stand around and wait for something to do.

Mimette: /lurks in the bushes and watches Mr. Yosaku Eda's every move.
Mimette: ♥ ♥ ♥
Mimette: "celebs who show dreams to their fans must have hearts purer than anyone else!! lol"
Mimette's Sanity (a thin, pale figure, grubby and marked with cigarette burns): "Mimette, listen to me, please. You have no evidence this guy is a valid target, you just said he was a target so as not to look bad in front of the Professor, and now you're inventing justifications to cover for it. You can't just claim whatever happens to you as whatever you were going to do anyway. Eudial used better strategy than—"
Mimette: "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP"
Mimette: "…"
Mimette: "before i abduct and murder him i should at least have him eat a handmade cake!! lol ♥"
Mimette: /walks out of the forest.

Suddenly! 3 Wild Groupies appear!
Wild Groupie attacks Mimette!
Mimette is hit.
Mimette is hurt!
Mimette drops handmade cake.
Wild Groupie attacks handmade cake.
Handmade cake is hit.
Handmade cake is destroyed!
Wild Groupie insults Mimette.
It's Super Effective!
"Fufufu! You little tramp! Don't you know Yosaku-sama doesn't like sweets? How can you call yourself a true fan? Don't sully his sight!"
Mimette is hurt badly!
Mimette is down!

But Then!
Yosaku Eda: /in the flesh. "I'm sorry about that, miss, some of my fans have gotten a bit… abrasive lately."
Mimette: :( :( :(
Yosaku Eda: /first aid.

Mimette is restored!

Mimette: \(O∇O)/ YAY
Yosaku Eda: "Was this cake for me? What little is left looks delicious, thank you! Please, watch from over there, they won't bother you again."
Mimette: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Yosaku Eda: /goes back to work.
Mimette: "OMG HE LOVES ME ITS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT WE'RE GONNA BE MARRIED FOREVER OMG BEST DAY EVER!!!! "
Mimette: "but alas i am destined to kill him it's so sad just like twilight j/k :("

Okay… Lights! Wind! Sound! Camera! Stand-By Pyro! And… Action!
They grind through their takes, one by one. Between takes:

Ami: "…So, apparently this is a Western, set on the slopes of Mt. Fuji."
Minako: "It's a remake of a foreign film. The studio figured domestic audiences wouldn't go for it unless they changed the locations to seem more Japanese."
Makoto: "They have given him the worst mustache I have ever seen. Awesome to be here, though."
Rei: "Jeez, what a crowd."
Usagi: "No kidding. I mean, Eudial could be here right next to us and we wouldn't notice."
Mimette: "Excuse me, widdle Mimette wants to see!"
Usagi: "Sure, plenty of room."
Mimette: (oh noes if i kill him the movie won't be finished!!! but i have my duty!! lol :()

Meanwhile, Behind Them
Chibi-Usa's new hat—a gift from Ikuko-Mama—is blown away by the wind, and she anxiously gives chase. The hat blows right past a park bench, upon which sits…

…the girl in black, once again. (Different, plainer dress, with a white rose clasp.) She's looking a lot less like an undead marionette today, but instead like any other shy tubercular goth girl out to read a book in the fresh air.

The Girl: !
The Girl: /runs after the hat. "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear…"
The Girl: /finally catches the hat, and returns it to Chibi-Usa.
Chibi-Usa: "Thank you!"
The Girl: "You're wel—UCK."
The Girl: /shudders and falls to her knees, gasping in pain.
Chibi-Usa: ?!
The Girl: "…just ano… ther attack… don't worry… it'll pass in… a minute…"
Chibi-Usa: /stands around awkwardly, in that way you do when there's nothing to do to help but you wish there were.

Hiatus. Eventually…

The Girl: "…phew, I'm okay now…"
Chibi-Usa: "I'm glad! You wanna play (carefully)? I'm Chibi-Usa!" /offers hand.
The Girl: /stares, because she has never been offered friendship like this before.
The Girl: "I'm Hotaru." :) /gently shakes hands.

DUN DUN DUN!

Hotaru: "…What was that?"
Chibi-Usa: "A dramatic chord, to make this moment seem extra important. Wow, I bet that means we're going to be good friends!"
Hotaru: "That'd be… nice!"

Somebody Say "Lunch!"
Pause in the filming.

Mimette: /skulking about. "i really should get an autograph before i kill him and hide the body…"
Mimette: "huh what's he doing over there??"
Yosaku Eda: /smooch.
His Leading Lady: /smooch.
Mimette: "RAGE!!! THAT TWO-TIMING MANSLUT HAS BETRAYED MIMETTE!! NOW HE DIES JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHERS!!!!"

Mimette throws off her "disguise", revealing her combat outfit: a black strapless dress with gold frills and leggings, and a fancy jeweled head ornament. She quickly unlimbers the Daimon case and throws the switch.

Monster of the Week!
U.S.-tan! A green-skinned, purple-haired, red-eyed elf with: pink tights; long leather gloves with fringe; an immense serape; "American Indian" tattoos and choker; horseshoe earrings; a bullwhip; a golden six-gun; and a sombrero shaped like a cactus.

His Leading Lady: "What in the name of—?"
U.S.-tan: "YIPPEE-AY-KAY-AY, MOTHERFUCKER!" /brandishes pistol and poses.
Yosaku Eda: /immediately grabs his girlfriend and runs like hell.
Mimette: "Sic 'em! Sic 'em!"
U.S.-tan: "HI-YO SILVER!"

Out of nowhere, she summons a magnificent white stallion with only one leg that is a pogo stick what the hell

what the hell

U.S.-tan: /gives chase. "AWAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY—"

The chase leads right into the middle of the movie production. Everyone screams and scatters when the Hopalong Horror charges them, firing her pistol wildly and whooping with laughter.

Wild Groupie #1: "I'M HIT! I'M HIT! OH GOD!"
Wild Groupie #2: "Wait, it's blue. It's blue. It's a paint gun?!"
Wild Groupie #3: "Oh, no, her dress will be ruined!"
Mimette: (^o^) "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! that gives me a great idea! U.S.-tan! forget about whats his name, go get those girls! lol"
U.S.-tan: "Actionable intelligence! Wheeeeeeeee!!!!" /bang bang bang.
Wild Groupies: "Auuugghh! No! Mercy!"

Chibi-Usa and Hotaru hide in the bushes.

Chibi-Usa: (Uh-oh, I can't transform in front of her or I'll be revealed! What would Usagi do at a time like this?!)

What IS She Doing?
Picnic lunch with the adventuring party!

Usagi: "Another delicious Mako-lunch! Sometimes I love this job."
Mako: :D
Ami: "What happened to Chibi-Usa? I thought she lost her hat."
Usagi: "Oh, don't worry. She's a smart kid, how much trouble could she get into?"

The terrified mob flees through the picnic site, followed by the Hopalong Horror, gun blazing.

Usagi: "…"
Ami: "…"
Mako: "…"
Rei: "…"
Minako: "Don't just sit around trying to think of something witty to say! TRANSFORM!"

Now I Have a Daimon, Ho Ho Ho!
From high atop a hijacked camera crane, Mimette directs the battle.

Mimette: "k bored now lol"
Mimette: "U.S.-tan!! take the actor's pure heart now!!"
U.S.-tan: /salutes

Suddenly!
From out of the western skies, comes the SAILOR SENSHI!

Cue blowing wind and tumbleweeds.

Mimette: "Five of you! Even five won't give us too much trouble."
Usagi: "There won't be any trouble… if you ride on."
Mimette: "Ride on? Widdle Mimette needs to report back in, where am I going to get pure heart energy for our work?"
Ami: "Buy it, or grow it."
Rei: "Or maybe even work for it."
Mimette: "Somehow, I don't think you've solved my problem."
Usagi: "Solving your problems isn't our line."
Minako: "We deal in love, friend."
Mimette: "So do I! We're in the same business, eh?"
Minako: "Only as competitors."
Mimette: "Why not as partners? Suppose I offer you equal shares?"
Usagi: "In what?"
Mimette: "Everything! To the last soul!"
Makoto: "And the people in the city? What about them?"
Mimette: "I leave it to you. Can women of our profession worry about things like that? May even be sacrilegious! 'If God didn't want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep.' What do you say?"
Usagi: "…Ride on."
Mimette: "Uuuuu, you're not doing it right, just SHUT UP! U.S.-tan: get 'em!"

Usagi: /fast-draws and fires off a Moon Spiral Heart Attack!
U.S.-tan: /fast-draws and fires off her six gun.

U.S-tan shoots down every single one of Usagi's giant pink crystal hearts!

Mimette: /giggles and claps.
Usagi: "…GAH! I'm already obsolete!"
Ami: "And now the rest of us are two upgrades behind! Oh, hell." :(
Minako: "It can't be that hard to shoot those things down, Moon, what with how long it takes you to wind up and belt one out."
Usagi: "Yes, but each heart weighs a ton! A ton of solid, concentrated love!"
Minako: "…Those are some bullets."
U.S.-tan: /laughs. "Who needs fruity magic when all your problems can be solved with guns?"

And So…
…the Sailors have to stand around awkwardly while U.S.-tan knocks out the actress with a horse shoe, then pulls Yosaku Eda into her daimonic embrace. For a minute, it looks like she's trying to kiss him on the lips, which he resists manfully. But then she squeezes a little harder and he gasps in pain, and she quickly inhales, sucking the air from his lungs and the crystal soul from his body without even touching his lips. She gulps the crystal down and swallows, like a serpent eating a mouse.

The Sailors: "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"
U.S.-tan: "U.S.-tan! U.S.-tan! U.S.-tan!"
Mimette: "k thx g2g lol"
Usagi: "…two… three… four… aaaaand… 'Suddenly!'"

Suddenly!
Sailor Uranus bursts in, elegantly! Sailor Neptune bursts in, gracefully!

HARUKA > DUAL-TECH > MICHIRU > TSUNAMI > U.S.-TAN
Haruka casts tectonic forces at U.S.-tan!
Michiru casts tidal forces at U.S.-tan!
SYNERGY!
U.S.-tan is hit.
U.S.-tan is hurt!
U.S.-tan spits up the soul crystal…
…but quickly recovers it!
U.S.-tan swallows the soul crystal!

The Sailors: "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"
Haruka: "Hey, it's a new one! What happened to Eudial?"
Michiru: "You her new sidekick?"
Mimette: "shut up about Eudial!! there is no Eudial! only Mimette matters!!!"
Mimette: "U.S.-tan: grab those kids hiding in the bushes!!"
Chibi-Usa: !
Hotaru: !
Chibi-Usa: /tries to push Hotaru out of the line of attack!
Hotaru: /tries to push Chibi-Usa out of the line of attack!

Contest of Strength…
…Chibi-Usa wins!
Hotaru feels fatigued by the strain of her labors.
U.S.-tan uses Lasso on Hotaru!
Chibi-Usa performs Daring Last-Minute Save!
Chibi-Usa is hit instead!
Chibi-Usa is entangled!

Mimette: "MAKE ONE MOVE AND THE GIRL GETS IT!"

Nobody moves.

Mimette: /giggle. "we're going now nobody move or i kill the little girl 2, k bye"

Suddenly!
Sailor Pluto emerges from the shadows.

PLUTO > ADVANCED RITUALISM > dead scream > U.S.-tan
Sailor Pluto casts temporal forces at U.S.-tan!
U.S.-tan is hit.
U.S.-tan is hurt badly!
Level drain! U.S.-tan looks older.
U.S.-tan is disarmed.
Chibi-Usa is freed!

Chibi-Usa: "Yay, Puu!"
Minako: "The implications of that attack disturb me."
Sailor Pluto: "Sailor Moon, use your second transformation!"
Usagi: "Urk. Uh, okay, here goes…"

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:
    • Sailor Moon: 43
    • Second Stage Sailor Moon: 30
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 15
    • Crisis on Infinite Moons: 2
    • Princess Serenity: 1
    • Disguise: 9
  • Ami into:
    • Sailor Mercury: 15
    • Second Stage Sailor Mercury: 15
  • Rei into:
    • Sailor Mars: 13
    • Second Stage Sailor Mars: 15
  • Makoto into:
    • Sailor Jupiter: 8
    • Second Stage Sailor Jupiter: 15
  • Minako into:
    • Sailor Venus: 7
    • Second Stage Sailor Venus: 17
  • Haruka into:
    • Sailor Uranus: 5
  • Michiru into:
    • Sailor Neptune: 5
  • Setsuna into:
    • Sailor Pluto: 1
  • Mamoru into:
    • Tuxedo Mask: 2
    • Second Stage Tuxedo Mask: 1
  • Chibi-Usa into:
    • Sailor Chibi-Moon: 2
  • Luna-P into something-or-other: 10

U.S.-tan: /charges blindly!

LIMIT BREAK! Usagi uses Rainbow Moon Heartache on U.S.-tan!
Usagi casts rainbows AND love at U.S.-tan.
U.S.-tan is hit.
U.S.-tan is obliterated!

U.S.-tan: "Love… LOVELY!" /dies.

Aftermath
Mimette: /suddenly realizes that she is surrounded by enemies with no support.
Mimette: /this is NOT the way it should be! (T_T) :( orz
Mimette: "YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!" /runs away.

Makoto: "What. The. Fuck. Was. That."
Ami: "…Apparently, our new enemy. I guess Eudial didn't survive that last fall."
Minako: "Mercury, analysis?"
Ami: "This is only a first approximation, but… she's a loon!"
Usagi: "I th—"

Usagi abruptly depowers, and sinks to her knees. Everybody is concerned.

Usagi: /holds up hand. "'s'alright! 's'alright! Just that mode takes a lot out of me. Phew! I'll be up in a second."
Minako: "What was with that daimon, anyway? 'U.S.-tan'? Seriously?"
Rei: "¡Verdad! ¿Do you think they'd resort to that sort of gross cultural stereotype in America? ¡Esta 'Mimette' está loca!"

Over in the Bushes

Hotaru: "Chibi-Usa, are you okay?"
Chibi-Usa: "Owie! Scraped my knee, but I'll be—"
Hotaru: "Oh, dear, and all because you tried to save me!"
Hotaru: /looks edgy, afraid someone might see, then…
Hotaru: /casts Heal.

Chibi-Usa is restored!

Chibi-Usa: "AWESOME!"
Hotaru: "…really? I mean, everyone in my class is scared of this…"
Chibi-Usa: "THAT'S TOTALLY SWEET YOU HAVE HEALING POWERS! WOW!" :D
Hotaru: /blushing, pleased almost to tears. "Th… thank you."
Hotaru: "I'm g—"
Hotaru: /suddenly moans and doubles over, suffering another attack…
Chibi-Usa: !

By The Way, They Did Remember to Restore the Guy's Soul, Whatever His Name Was

Makoto: "Wait a minute—all the Talismans are accounted for now. Why are they still after pure hearted souls?"
Minako: "After the Dark Kingdom and the Doom Tree, you have to ask that?"
Makoto: "Oh, yeah, must be another Dark Master to feed. Oh, well, we'll get 'em in the end, right?"
Haruka: "Harumph, ahem, grump. Um. Sailor Moon! I'll let you hold onto the Holy Grail for a while. Don't get any funny ideas, it's only because we can't be bothered to carry it ourselves! It's not like I trust you or anything!"
Usagi: "…We'll just let that one go for now. Look, guys, we seem to be on the same side, finally! How about we combine forces?"
Haruka: "Er, no, uh, because, um… because…" /help me Michiruuuuu.
Michiru: "…because we're different from you. Yeah."

EXIT Sailors Uranus and Neptune, swiftly, before having make any more awkward excuses.

Usagi: "…I'm getting mixed signals here!"
Minako: "It's not you, Sailor Moon, it's them. You're a wonderful girl, but they just don't think of you that way." ;)
Usagi: "You mean I've been 'neutral'-zoned?"
Minako: "And after you proved you don't believe in the 'No-Win' scenario, too!"
Sailor Pluto: /nods politely to Sailor Moon.
Usagi: /…nods back?

EXIT Sailor Pluto, following the other two.

Usagi: "Hmmmmm. So how are they different, I wonder?"
Ami: "They're taller than us, with different uniforms."
Minako: "They resisted the urge to reference Star Trek."
Makoto: "Maybe their gaydar is broken."
Ami: "Mako!"
Makoto: "What?"
Rei: "No reason to go for sexual subtext. They could be talking about age and perspective. They are older than us."
Ami: "I doubt that high school is that much more mystically significant than middle school. I'm auditing university courses, and that hasn't given me any extra powers."
Minako: "Maybe they're just jerks. What? You were all thinking it."
Rei: "Pluto's not so bad."
Minako: "…No, she's not. But then she's older then them, isn't she? Or seems so."
Usagi: "Let's be kind. Maybe they're shy."
Ami: "Ha! Not the way they dress. …Now where'd Chibi-Usa run off to?"
Usagi: "Oh, hell, not again."

Where DID Did She Run Off To?
A nice little mansion in a nice part of town, to which Chibi-Usa has conscientiously escorted her ailing new friend. A man quickly steps out of the house at their call.

He is a tall man, of indeterminate age; his skin is beige, his towsled hair nearly white. He wears a striped blue shirt and a tie. Most unusual are his glasses: the righthand lens, rather than transparent, is an intricate jeweled construct bearing a pentacle. Apart from this slight oddity, he looks pleasant, and the smile he gives Hotaru is kind and gentle.

Papa: "Hotaru? I was getting worried, it's so late…"
Hotaru: "I'm sorry, Papa, I just had an attack. Chibi-Usa here helped walk me home."
Chibi-Usa: "Hello!"
Papa: "Why, thank you—Chibi-Usa, is it? You did a good job, thank you!"
Hotaru: "Can, can I see you again?"
Chibi-Usa: "Of course! Friends stick together! I'll see you soon, 'kay?" /wave goodbye.
Hotaru: :) /waves goodbye.
Papa: /waves goodbye.

Chibi-Usa: (…I wanna see my Papa now. Oh, well.)

Denouement
Papa: "I'm glad for you, Hotaru."
Hotaru: "She's very kind, Papa." /cough. "It was an exciting day…" /cough cough.
Papa: "You'd better get some rest. You can tell me all about it in the morning."
Hotaru: "Okay, Papa. Good night."
Papa: "Good night, pumpkin."

But after he gently closes her bedroom door, he sighs, then walks back down the hall, and down the stairs, and through the security door into his lab, where he once again dons his labcoat and steps into the shadows. And as he considers his racks of daimon seeds, the Professor begins, again, to laugh.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #112: Who is the True Messiah? Chaos of Light and Darkness.

Hee hee hee! I like where this is going.

I did not expect them to throw the two obvious remaining candidates together like this, and not only is it a set up for obvious DRAMA ("No! How could you?" "But I must!" etc.) but it's an interesting contrast. We've observed before that one reason the Inner Senshi follow Sailor Moon so devotedly is because not only did Usagi offer them love at a time in their lives when they thought no one else ever would (apart from their parents), but they also recognize that Usagi does that for almost everyone, and that's a treasure beyond price. Well, here we've got Chibi-Usa, raised by the benefactors of that belief, contrasted to Hotaru, who at first glance seems to be in much the position the other Inners would have been without Usagi—very alone.

Obvious question about Professor Papa: Is he using this girl, or is he doing it all for her? (Or some twisted combination thereof.) And who is he working for, and what do they think he's doing for them, and all that sort of thing. Well, well, well. We shall see, won't we?

Finally, Mimette. In one short episode, I've gone from bemused dislike to fear.

Take Esmeraude: She was nuts, yes, but she was pitiable, broken; you could see that she had not always been that way, and that she was somewhat aware of her mental illness and trying to compensate for it, and have hope that she could recover. Take Eudial: definitely a mad science bitch, but she wasn't insane, just self-absorbed and aggressive.

I think Mimette is an honest-to-God sociopath. It seems that she lives in a world of her own whims, where she can do no wrong, and the rest of us exist to be her audience and her tools, and when the playthings don't play the game properly, she breaks 'em.

A girl like that could do anything.

Watch out, heroes.

Morilore

Retired User

Oh Shit
The Prof just threw a gun in the daimon kiln.

And notice how it was barely even worth it! The thing doesn't work the way people would naively expect it to; turning weapons into more destructive creatures. On the other hand, the door worked wonderfully. There's some more intricate pseudologic at work here.

Shadowjack, did you expect the Professor to be Hotaru's father from the first scene, or did that come as a surprise closer to the end?

Edvarius

Validated User

I loved how you wrote Mimette in that write-up. It really, really fits her.

Anyway, This episode is one that shows one of the reasons why the Professor is one of my favorite villains. In season 1 you had fae from the Dark Kingdom. In season 2 you had space elves and space time travelers. Now the Sailors face off against... that nice man who lives down the street with the adorable but sickly daughter.

I like to imagine that he and the mayor of Sunnydale are old college buddies, and occasionally get together to play golf, swap cookie recipes, and share their gripes about those darn meddling kids these days. :p

Dallbun

Validated User

• Hikawa Shrine
Having explained all about the immediate situation regarding the Grail, the Messiah, and the Silence, Sailor Pluto packs away her laptop, projector, and note cards.

Usagi: "Thank you, Setsuna! Finally, someone explained all this stuff to us clearly and concisely."
Ami: "But we have just a few more questions regarding the broader context…"
Sailor Pluto: "I'm glad I could be of assistance, but now I must help Uranus and Neptune. Good day." /walks out the door.
I like Pluto! She comes across as quite a professional sailor-suited magical girl (woman?). And as I've said before, for a mysterious mentor figure, she's not particularly frustrating. She might not tell you (or know) everything, but what she does share isn't obtuse.

Also, dead scream is great.

I think Mimette is an honest-to-God sociopath. It seems that she lives in a world of her own whims, where she can do no wrong, and the rest of us exist to be her audience and her tools, and when the playthings don't play the game properly, she breaks 'em.
Yeah, that seems like a pretty good description. Then again, in this episode at least, that hindered her effectiveness. She likely could have gotten into and out of there if she hadn't gotten distracted with revenge on her tormenters. And if your profile is accurate, she's extremely unlikely to learn from her mistakes.

Incidentally, your emoticon-ridden Mimette textspeak is pretty amusing. If you'd been doing it last episode, presumably the last thing Eudial heard would have been "PWND! lol"

Top Bottom