• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 8: Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of Science?

Morilore

Retired User
This has probably already been mentioned, but...

Rei Hino's name can be translated as 'Spirit of Fire'. Which in Quenya becomes Feanor.
Fëanáro, actually. "Fëanor" is a mishmash of the Quenya "Fëanáro" and the Sindarin "Faenor."

haha i just tolkein-served you

(BTW what the hell is this you guys)
This sent my brain off on wild tangents, including remembering that one of the Silmarils became the Morning Star, AKA Venus.

This led by various routes to concluding that Queen Serenity stole Earendil's Silmaril. :)
Heh. Either that or the moon is literally Valinor.

Come to think of it... given that the whole of LOTR takes place over three millenia after the fall of Numenor, and the book itself is supposedly a translation of an old storybook, that actually comes within shouting distance of plausible. Metallia is literally Sauron, and the historians of Gondor conflated Endymion, who journeyed to the moon to seek mercy for his people, with Amandil, the father of their legendary founder!

Taper

Validated User
On the image -- I could only conclude the leftmost character was Mamoru because the bar on his "H" was drawn really low. :)

Mattheq

Validated User
I'm not actually working on an illustrated recap yet, but I am practicing the characters, and I have to say: Why do all the new characters have to have such difficult hairstyles? *sob sob* O! for the halcyon days of simple straight haircuts and comedically large hair ribbons. Curse Haruka who combs her hair asymmetrically. Curse Michiru's wavy hair that falls in layers. Curse Hotaru's giant gothic Egyptian bangs. Hell, curse Pluto, too, why not? Curse Pluto for looking older than everyone else but not too much older. And I haven't even gotten serious about the villains yet. (Actually, Squeaky's hair isn't too bad. I dug up some 1990s fashion advertisements and got pretty close.)

Could be worse, though. I could be IWIRing something like Oh, My Goddess!. And it's not like I didn't want the practice.

But still. Dozens of pages filled with not-quite-right hair. I oughtta draw them all with shaved heads, just to save time. :D

SuperS is not going to be your friend.

zakueins

Banned
Re: Codename Sailor V, Volume 4: The Ambition of Petite Pandora

Sudden thing I now want, after re-reading "A Stormy Relationship"!

Luna and Artemis T-shirt, a'la the cats in Azumanga Daioh (Luna black on white, Artemis white on black) with the cast done in the same art style (normal form for the Luna one, Senshi form for the Artemis one...).

I'd buy both! I'd have a girl cosplay as Minako wearing the Artemis one! :)

Aleph_Null

Maiden of Stabbity

I'd buy both! I'd have a girl cosplay as Minako wearing the Artemis one! :)
And a leather jacket. Which Shadowjack has made me realise suit her insanely well. Seriously, they add something wonderful to her look that just... fits, ya know?

Kintatsu

Validated User

I find myself very glad I'm combing through the series in chronological order, because I'm only 2/3 of the way through season 1, and already have a SHITLOAD of funny moments.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

And a leather jacket. Which Shadowjack has made me realise suit her insanely well. Seriously, they add something wonderful to her look that just... fits, ya know?
I think I ended up at the leather jacket because it was a gift from her British crush, and he had that whole British flyboy thing going with the sweater and the jacket. So obviously it's gotta be a leather bomber jacket, right? Right. And she keeps adding patches to it.

And I'll just leave this here. (…hoping it's not too obscure a riff, but with this crowd, someone will catch it.)

Next write up is on the way, though it might take a few days around work.

Top Bottom