• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 9: Well, you know… we all want to change the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosWolf

Retired User
Re: Episode #118: Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet.

Harriet doesn't sound sophisticated enough? I'd second the Alexandra/Alex option though. There are also a number of inherently gender-neutral names in English, like Leslie. Why they didn't go with one of their many, many equivalent options I have no idea...
The only male Leslie I've ever seen was Leslie Nielsen.

zero_traveler

Validated User

That Four King Hell has shown me an interesting take on Minako.

That truly, Maybe "Minako" is the Bruce Wayne 'mask' of Venus' Batman.

Going from bubbly and happy to freaked out and looking scared....
Spoiler: Show
to RIPPING A STADIUM SEAT BACK FROM IT'S MOUNTING WITH HER BARE HANDS AND USING IT TO SHIELD HER PRINCESS.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

One episode every twenty pages for this thread!

What will the ratio be next? :D

JeanneHedge

Validated User

The only male Leslie I've ever seen was Leslie Nielsen.
I think the name "Leslie" for a guy was mainly a British thing, popular years back. However, there's another male famous acting Leslie I can think of - Leslie Howard, aka the wimpy Ashley Wilkes, Scarlet O'Hara's object of desire in "Gone with the Wind".

He was killed when his plane was shot down during WW2 - rumor says he was using his acting career as a cover for some sort of anti-Nazi work, and the Luftwaffe shot his plane down to get him - or was it to get Winston Churchill?

Last edited:

Xan

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User

According to Wikipedia, Bob Hope is actually a Leslie. I did not know that...

I always felt that Alex was a more sensible dub name for Haruka too. I seem to recall that the Mixx manga translations actually did use this name for a while, though in the collected volumes they switched over to Haruka. The name might have appeared on some merchandise too.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User

I think the name "Leslie" for a guy was mainly a British thing, popular years back. However, there's another male famous acting Leslie I can think of - Leslie Howard, aka the wimpy Ashley Wilkes, Scarlet O'Hara's object of desire in "Gone with the Wind".

He was killed when his plane was shot down during WW2 - rumor says he was using his acting career as a cover for some sort of anti-Nazi work, and the Luftwaffe shot his plane down to get him - or was it to get Winston Churchill?
might be fictional, but iirc Charmed had a guy named Leslie- not sure what's better, putting it as "Victim of the Week" or "Love Interest of Phoebe". The two things tend to overlap.

(also, the 1k has been breached, shouldn't we wait for a new thread to talk in?)

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Closed due to length

New thread..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom