• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 9: Well, you know… we all want to change the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #116: Sunny Skies After a Storm! A Friendship Dedicated to Hotaru.

I really like the "INT as dump stat" idea, it fits well with the spirit of the thread.
It does make more sense then trying to argue that the ability to seek and hunt down targets in an urban environment requires less intelligence than the ability to open and close doors.

And I still keep missing the chance to make a Hitchhiker's Guide riff with Doorknobder. The timing just never seems right!

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User

What's a 'dump stat'? :confused:
In a good number of RPG systems, you get at character creation a number of points you can spend to improve your various statistics. Most of the stats are useful, so if you don't want to be mediocre at everything, but good at at least some stuff, there is at least one stat that you'll spend no points on so that the others can be better. That's the "dump stat" : the aspect of you character you sacrifice.

Aleph_Null

Maiden of Stabbity

Usagi is one of the few characters who doesn't use charisma as her dump stat. Quite the opposite, in fact. Hers is through the roof.

... shame that she took the points for it out of dexterity, though. :p

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User

Nah, she has a good Dex score, she just took the "Clumsy" flaw for some more points.

She probably has low Int or Wis, and she's slowly RPing her way out of that mess

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User

INT may not be spectacular, but her WIS score seems a lot higher than at first glance and oh god I'm actually making sense of RPG terms. Go, me? ;)

strange_person

Validated User

I think Usagi's life as a mortal girl is pretty much her dump stat. Think about it: bad grades, inattentive, clumsiness... that somehow translates into super-dodging, magical sensor hair deelies, and being the Moon Princess. Between that, and the extra XP from solo missions, it's no wonder she keeps getting the best attacks and being the focal point for magical macguffins.

Masterweaver

Validated User

And now I want to do a screencap RP comic for Sailor Moon. Like Darths and Droids, you know?

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User

... You have my sword. Maybe my bow, too.

Masterweaver

Validated User

I have no screencaps or photoediting software though.

SADNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom