• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 9: Well, you know… we all want to change the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilarion

Validated User
Re: Episode #116: Sunny Skies After a Storm! A Friendship Dedicated to Hotaru.

Hotaru Tomoe: Can I go play D&D with Chibi-Usa and her friends?
Kaori: How selfish of you, not thinking of your father and yourself. You aren't well! You need to stay at home and–
Hotaru Tomoe: I hate you Kaori! Why don't you leave Papa and I alone?!
Kaori: You little brat! If it weren't for the Professor I'd–
Souichi Tomoe: What's this, dear? Of course you can play D&D with your friends! Take this suitcase with you. It contains my special dice!
Hotaru Tomoe: Papa, really? Thank you you're the best Papa a girl could have thank you thank you!
Suitcase: DODECAHEDRON!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Suitcase: DODECAHEDRON!
*spit-take*

…Y'know, infamous Dark Dungeons Game-Mistress "Ms. Frost" really would fit in just fine among Sailor Moon villains.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Hotaru's entry just makes me want to hug her and inform Chibi-Usa of the problem. :(
Don't worry. Today, you can order the limited edition of Dr. Hotaru Tomoe's Through the Fractured Mirror: A role-playing game of poetic self-destruction through Indy Press Revolution, and she's one of Exalted's Ink Monkeys. I hear she's running a panel and doing demos at GenCon again this year; I don't know how she keeps up, what with her other occupations.

In-between then and now? Well, let's not talk about the time Ami discovered and introduced Hotaru to MUDs and fandom RPs. Oh, the horrible self-insert characters…

Winged One

Retired User

...that game name makes me think either her middle name is Ackbar or her father is ghostwriting, but yay. :)

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

No, Luna's the GM. Pluto's the one who knows the system /better/ than the GM.
Can't believe I forgot the cats!

Luna: This entire hobby is ridiculous. You people already transform and shoot magic! Why do you want to play a game where you pretend to do the same thing?! And it's just… talking. And rolling dice. And you call this a game? Actually knows the rules better than most of them, and sometimes gets caught up in the story when she sits in on sessions.

Artemis: Speaks fluent gamer, but his main interest is in video games. Is currently developing a JRPG set among the early legends of the Silver Millennium, and keeps muttering things like, "Final Fantasy killer" and "new multi-player experience"; plans to turn the project bible over to a team of human developers once he's got the core design worked out. Thinks that CD-ROMs will never amount to anything.

Hilarion

Validated User

Because I was just thinking about Kaori, I thought I'd bring up a dumb thing the dub did.

First, they changed Kaolinite's name into "Kaori Night," two names. This isn't the bad thing, it's a set up.

When she's reintroduced, she reintroduces herself as the Professor's assistant, "Kaori Night." And Serena, proving herself even dumber than Usagi, does a whole, "I thought it was Kaori Night, but it's just Kaori Night. Whew." thing.

Dallbun

Validated User

In my Sailor Moon Z fanfic, Umino runs a TORG game, which eventually everyone gets involved in. (I actually got an email from one of the creators of TORG over the story, which was cool.)
I used to think TORG was an extremely unlikely game for a bunch of Japanese folks to be playing, but nope. Turns out it was released in Japan in '93, and there is indeed a Japanese TORG fan contingent. (I got a copy of a fan-made Code Geass "Holy Victorian Empire" sourcebook at Comiket!)

Dallbun

Validated User

How about villains?

Jadeite: An all around solid player, willing to play a variety of roles and surprisingly good at getting into character. However, he has notoriously bad luck with the dice. More than one of his characters has died due to an unfortunate string of fumbles. When he runs a game, it starts out promising but somehow always ends up in flames. He sometimes brings a girlfriend to join in on a session, but never the same one twice.

Nephrite: Prefers to GM. He puts in a lot of studious prep-work for his setting, and has very firm ideas about how he wants the campaign to proceed. (If Zoicite gets a whiff of Nephrite's long-term plans, he'll try to derail the campaign just to see Nephrite squirm.) As a player, he'll ask for the same level of detail, and grumble if the campaign world doesn't seem fleshed out, but he writes extensive character backstories full of good plot hooks. He's not very comfortable with roleplaying emotional moments. Favorite game: Empire of the Petal Throne.

Zoicite: An active, resourceful, and goal-focused player, equally happy with tactical combat, clever plans, or social interaction. However, he's a bit of an attention hog. He gets extremely antsy when his character isn't in the scene, and is constantly providing advice and commentary to the other players. He's the only one into LARPing, probably White Wolf or Call of Cthulhu, since tramping around outside in the woods is distasteful.

Kunzite: Looks down on roleplaying, but Zoicite can always get him to come along if they need another player. Kunzite invariably plays strong melee characters who loom imposingly in the background until he has a chance to kill everything. He gets easily frustrated if the situation can't be solved that way, but ironically that's also when he's most invested in the game.

Evil Endymion: Seems okay until he stabs everyone else in the back, takes their stuff, and explains why it was perfectly in character for him to do so. Nobody plays with him any more.

Queen Beryl: Runs Call of Cthulhu games heavily stacked against the players, where the end result is invariably that everybody dies. Luckily, that more or less works for Call of Cthulhu. As a player, she'll go along with things until the GM makes what she considers a bad judgement call (read: something bad happens to her character), at which point she'll make an enormous fuss and will not drop the point unless she's appeased.

Last edited:

zakueins

Banned

Assuming the show is "in-time", it's about 1992-1993, so that means we have for games-

*Pretty much the "Core Three" OWoD books (Vampire, Mage, Werewolf). Everything past that will come out through the other series.
*AD&D 2nd Edition and most of the game universes for it
*Megatravller and Traveller:The New Era
*TORG, Ghostbusters, and "Classic" Star Wars RPG
*Rifts, TMNT, Robotech, and Paladium Fantasy
*Battletech, Shadowrun 2nd Edition, Renegade Legion, and MAYBE Earthdawn
*Cyberpunk 2020, Mekton II from R. Talsorian Games. Castle Faulkenstein will come out between S and Super S.
*Living Steel and Phoenix Command from Leading Edge Games (which may make some people happy...all the STATS...)
*GURPS 3rd Edition is out and will remain out until well past the series end.
*Warhammer 40K 2nd Edition and Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition are out, so is Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
*...and probably somebody's pet baby that I missed. Sorry!

Of course, I suspect that the Senshi somehow have a copy of Exalted 2.5...I blame the Phantom Sisters. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom