• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 9: Well, you know… we all want to change the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilarion

Validated User
OK, Usagi wouldn't want us to argue like this. Maybe we should just wait for SJ to come back and regale us with a very special Sailor Moon Christmas in July May (April?).

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, did you know that Sailor Uranus is voiced by the same voice actress (Megumi Ogata) that did Shinji Ikari?

Last edited:

Ununnilium

Retired User
Honestly, I agree with Masterweaver. You don't have to be perfect in something before you start doing it. You get better as you go along! MW, shoot forth, to victory!

R-90-2

Can it be SNEK TIEM?
Validated User
EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, did you know that Sailor Uranus is voiced by the same voice actress (Megumi Ogata) that did Shinji Ikari?
Indeed. She also played two separate characters in Magic Knight Rayearth, Princess Emeraude (talk about playing against type!), and Eagle Vision, cross-voicing within the same series.

Talitha the Little Girl

Validated User
Hi, guys. Wow, apparently I've missed quite a bit. Guess that's just what happens when you focus on homework and studying. :p

Anyways, I just realized that I forgot to share three pictures that I've been meaning to ever since episode 111 (if you recall, I shared similar pictures on the previous thread - or was it the thread before?). Here they are!

Sailor Senshi Respond to Urgent Emergencies

Sailor Uranus

Sailor Neptune

Sailor Pluto

Remember when I said in the previous pictures, Sailor Jupiter was my favorite? Well, she was my favorite of the bunch. Sailor Pluto is my true favorite of the entire collection! :D

Dangit, how did I forgot Mamoru!?

Tuxedo Mask

starsandauras

Retired User
She also voiced Kurama of YuYu Hakusho, which was her first voice role and in fact she was the person who introduced Naoko Takeuchi and Yoshihiro Togashi.

Masterweaver

Validated User
*SNRK*

In other news, we're still coding the To Iu Senshi site. BUT we do have a decent buffer. Well, two week's worth of comics. DON'T WORRY I'm working on more!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On a completely unrelated note, did you know that Sailor Uranus is voiced by the same voice actress (Megumi Ogata) that did Shinji Ikari?
I didn't!

Oh, how many people wish that Shinji had had the more butch voice. :p

Honestly, I agree with Masterweaver. You don't have to be perfect in something before you start doing it. You get better as you go along! MW, shoot forth, to victory!
And as proof of that, look at my early art for this review series, then compare to more recent bits.

Hi, guys. Wow, apparently I've missed quite a bit. Guess that's just what happens when you focus on homework and studying. :p
We told you, Ami!

Anyways, I just realized that I forgot to share three pictures that I've been meaning to ever since episode 111 (if you recall, I shared similar pictures on the previous thread - or was it the thread before?). Here they are!

Sailor Senshi Respond to Urgent Emergencies
Tee hee!

Remember when I said in the previous pictures, Sailor Jupiter was my favorite? Well, she was my favorite of the bunch. Sailor Pluto is my true favorite of the entire collection! :D
I may adopt that term, since "the Inners" gets clumsy. "The Wild Bunch" vs. "The Heroic Trio", perhaps? (Anita Mui as Michiru, Maggie Cheung as Haruka, and Michelle Yeoh as Pluto? Yes, please.)

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sailor Moon S The Movie, part 1 of part 1

Because you've had to wait long enough.

Cue "Also Sprach Zarathustra"
Space. The Earth. The Moon. The Sun.

Titles appear:

SAILOR MOON S: THE MOVIE: ATTACK OF THE SNOW-CLONES

BIG DOLBY SOUND as…
A comet hoves into view.

But wait! No ordinary comet this, a mere lump of rocks and ices shedding volatiles excited by the solar wind. Instead, a large and balanced chunk of ices, upon which is a broad carved dais. Strange forces hold the comet's thin atmosphere close, making the dais the center of a shrill and eternal blizzard. And at the center of the strange forces, stands a Yuki-Onna.

A woman of ice! Half-naked, white robe worn loosely, jewelry is made of crystals possible only at conditions near Absolute Zero. And because all Monsters of the Week are contractually obligated to dress strangely, she wears a white shower cap.

Yuki-Onna: "This solar system is just so damn hot and humid, I can't do a thing with my hair until I've frozen all that pesky hydro out of the atmosphere again. Soon. Soon."
Yuki-Onna: /regards Earth with avarice.
Yuki-Onna: "Ahh… Earth. As beautiful as when I first saw thee. But I shall make thee more beautiful, once thou becomest mine."
Yuki-Onna: /grins, baring icicle fangs.

The comet quakes.

Yuki-Onna: "Oh, hell. Not again!"

Cut To: An Observatory in Metropolis Tokyo
One of those observatories that looks like it should house one of Ming the Merciless's rayguns. The proprietor chose it specifically for this very reason, despite its being well within the light pollution radius of metropolitan Tokyo.

We don't know this yet, but the astronomer's name is Kakeru. His blonde hair looks almost white in the evening light, but he's actually a rather young man. He's quite excited to make a real-time observation of the sudden ejection of material from a comet making a near-Earth flyby. Hardly believing his good fortune, he sprints to the window just in time to see some of the cometary fragments land as meteors relatively nearby.

The odds are—ha ha!—astronomical.

He dashes downstairs to his car, rushes up the coastline, scrambles over some rocks and sand dunes, and finally finds the impact crater, still glowing with heat. At the center lies a strangely-shaped violet crystal of a type unknown to Earthly science. Kakeru imagines that he can hear the strains of a ghostly singer foretelling his doom, and the hair on the back of his neck stands up, until he realizes that he actually is hearing a ghostly singer because he left the car engine running with a Ligeti CD in the stereo. He hurries back to the car to turn it off and fetch equipment from the trunk.

Roll Credits!
Late autumn! The Four run up to the two Usagis.

Chibi-Usa: "You're all late!"
Rei: "You're all… early. ¿What strange mystery is this?"
Usagi: "Day off! Shopping mall!"
Rei: "Aha."
Luna: /nods. "Artemis."
Artemis: /nods. "Luna."
Minako: "Has anyone noticed that the colder the weather gets, the shorter Ami's skirts get?"
Ami: "I haven't heard any complaints." ;)
Minako: "At least you have ice powers! What's your excuse, Mako? Inverse-square law?"
Makoto: "Exercise."
Minako: "In those boots? What kind of exercise? Don't answer that."
Usagi: "Enough talk! ON WITH THE MONTAGE!"

Makoto: "'Jeff Darkraven's Astrology Hutch'? Seriously, this is a thing now?"
Minako: "It's a franchise! The one on 5th street does custom Tarot decks."
Ami: "This chart contains several glaring errors."
Rei: "These divination tools are SO CUTE."
Usagi: "Chibi-Usa, if you buy that voodoo doll, I will buy one, too."
Chibi-Usa: /puts it back.

Minako: "Okay, you guys, I'm trying out some new looks. Tell me which is best."
Usagi: "Fire away!"
Minako: "Indy rocker girl!"

Everyone else: /general applause, approval.
Minako: "Clean-cut schoolgirl!"

Everyone else: /general applause, approval.
Minako: "High-class hooker!"

Everyone else: /…
Rei: "…Usagi, I apologize, you're not the worst-dressed person here."

Yomiko Readman: "But I NEED those books! What do you mean 'sold out'?!"
Clerk: "I'm sorry, Miss, but the girl in blue already bought the lot."
Ami: /looks up from book. "Huh?"
Yomiko Readman: "NOOOOOOO!"
Makoto: "You think you've got problems? Who do you think is going to have to carry that pile?"

Rei: "Occult powers!"
Minako: "Quirky!"
Ami: "Studious!"
Usagi: "Your turn."
Makoto: "Awwww, can't I do a fashion show segment, too? I know, there's a craft store! I'll buy some thread, and…"
Usagi: "Nope."
Makoto: "Cooking supplies? No? I can…"
Chibi-Usa: "Play the boxing game!"
Makoto: "All right, all right." /punches boxing game, gets high score.
Everyone else: /applauds.

Michiru: "Wait, we're in this movie?"
Sailor Pluto: "Who's going to keep us out?"
Haruka: /taps Usagi on shoulder. "Hey, Twin-Tails, does this mean YA-WAAAAUGHA!" /leaps back, warding gestures.
Usagi: /is eating mall food. "Mffghrrmmmwhhgbl!"
Michiru: "…"
Sailor Pluto: "…Chew and swallow before speaking, please."
Usagi: /chews and swallows. "Fforry."
Haruka: "The human jaw should not unhinge that way!"
Usagi: "Technically not human!"
Haruka: "Gah!"
Usagi: "Want some?"

After the Credits
Out in a quad area, overlooked by one of those big TV news boards.

Usagi: /watches the news.
Luna: /a bit stuffy. "Now, the question is, are you watching the news to learn about the world, or are you watching it because it's the biggest TV in sight?"
Usagi: "Both, of course!"
Luna: "Anything interesting?"
Usagi: "NASA is about to launch something called the Lunar Frontier Mission, with a Japanese astronaut on board, Miss Himeko Nayotake! She's training in America right now."
Usagi: "This movie is going to be so awesome."
Luna: "…How do you figure?"
Usagi: "The only way for us to 'just happen' to trip over an astronaut is to be on the Space Shuttle with them!"
Usagi: "I figure I'll have free and perfectly safe tickets to Space Camp waiting for me as soon as I get home. And then a few days later, it all goes awesomely wrong!"
Usagi: "I hope they're couples tickets. I wanna visit the ol' homestead with Mamoru…"

Luna: "I don't think they make helmets like that. And couldn't you just fly there with Sailor Planet Power?"
Usagi: "There's more romance in a spaceship cruise. And zero gravity is fun once you get past the vomiting!"
Luna: "You do realize that the STS can barely attain Low Earth Orbit, let alone High Earth Orbit, and hasn't a chance of performing Trans Lunar Injection. They're probably just launching a satellite."
Usagi: "Grump grump grump!"
Luna: "Not to mention the near total lack of privacy on that primitive tin can."
Usagi: "GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP!"
Luna: "Grump grump grump."
Usagi: "You just don't understand how it is to be in love!"
Luna: "Yeah. I just don't understand how it is to be in love. Never ever been in love, not once. Mean ol' Luna always rains on your parade."
Chibi-Usa: "Hey, you okay? You really sound down."
Usagi: "Yeah, wow."
Luna: "I have a code in ma node."
Chibi-Usa: "Oh no!"
Usagi: "Oh dear! I'm sorry."
Luna: "Id's okay. I'm going to go home and sleep id off."
Usagi: "You want me to carry you?"
Artemis: "You want me to walk with you?"
Luna: "I'll be okay. Thag you." /wanders off, blearily.
Usagi: "…"
Artemis: "…"

She's Not Okay
In the middle of a pedestrian crossing…

Luna: /staggers and passes out.
Car: /GRRRRR!
The Astronomer: /Daring Last-Moment SAVE!
Car: "Curses! Cheated of my prey again!"

An Indeterminate But Relatively Brief Amount of Time Later
Luna awakens somewhere dry and warm. She's been wrapped in a blanket. A young man with strong, gentle hands and kind, dreamy eyes is tending to her, talking softly and stroking her fur.

It looks like she's safe, and in the care of a pretty man who likes cats. This is a welcome change of pace. Luna relaxes and lets herself purr under his rubs. After a while, she sleeps again.

Sometime in the night, the fever breaks. Luna wakes in the morning clear-headed and refreshed.

She is startled to realize that she is sleeping, naked, in a strange man's bed!

Then the confusion passes and she remembers what happened, and that technically she's almost always naked. Through scent, she immediately recognizes the man himself by the bedside, sleeping in a chair, his book forgotten.

He'd stayed up all night beside her. It has been a long time since Luna met a man who'd go to such lengths for a stray cat. She feels strangely warm inside…

Tsukino Residence
Usagi: "This is an emergency meeting! Luna didn't come home last night!"
Rei: "…Uh-oh."
Usagi: "This is BEYOND 'uh-oh'!"
Ami: "This is awful."
Rei: "I hope she didn't pass out on the street and get run over by a car or—"
Artemis: "AAAUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!"
Usagi: "AAAUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!"
Rei: "I'm sorry, I'll stop talking now. She's probably just sick."
Artemis: "AAAUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!"
Usagi: "AAAUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!"
Minako: "Are we quite certain she didn't stay out on purpose? Say in a private place, or at a friend's house, or something?"
Usagi: "But Luna doesn't have any friends!"
Artemis: "I say!"
Ami: "Another possibility is that she got kidnapped by our next monster-of-the-week…"
Makoto: "LESS TALK MORE ACTION! There's a lost kitty on the loose, people! Somebody do something!"
Rei: "¡This is all Usagi's fault! ¡She finally drove Luna away with her constant whinging!"
Ami: /sighs.
Makoto: "Something constructive, I meant."
Usagi: "I did not! Luna always starts with the scolding and if she comes back okay she can scold me all she likes! You just suck, Rei!"
Rei: "¡No, you!"
Usagi: "No, you!"
Ami: "Okay, guys."
Usagi: "No, you!"
Ami: "Guys."
Ami: "Guys, you can flirt later."
Rei and Usagi: "…We are not—"
Ami: "You're this close together with your tongues out! What are we supposed to think?"
Rei and Usagi: "We're just… she's just…"
Artemis: "Enough! I'm assuming command! It's time to split up and search Tokyo for clues!"
Everyone else: "Right!" /runs off.

Ming's Observatory
Luna explores the room a little. From the pictures and knick-knacks on the walls, she judges her host to have a strong interest in astronomy and space exploration. She also spots a good-for-Earthly-technology personal computer, minor scientific equipment, reference materials, etc. The room is spacious, clean, and neat, with well-kept indoor plants. Not bad.

The Astronomer: "Good, you're awake! Feeling better? Here, try eating a little something." /lays out food, rubs.

Doorbell!

Kakeru lets in an attractive woman, about his age, dressed professionally. Her jewelry incorporates star-and-moon motifs. Her name is Himeko, and I'm sorry, I just can't think of a good voice-actor joke, so you'll just have to come up with your own riff about her being voiced by Megumi Hayashibara.

Hime: "Morning, Kakeru! Surprise!"
Kakeru: "Hime! Welcome back!"
Hime: /notes the cat, smiles, then ignores her.
Hime: "Seen the news?"
Kakeru: "Gratz."
Hime: "…That's it?"

Awkward pause.

Hime: "…I mean. Um. It's been a year!"
Kakeru: "Yes! Wow."

Awkward pause.

Kakeru: "I observed a new comet! I named it 'Princess Snow Kaguya'."

Awkward pause.

Kakeru: "It sounds better in Japanese."
Hime: "How odd. They didn't mention anything at NASA."
Kakeru: "This is easily explained, since it takes some time for a sighting to be approved by the IAU, and an astronaut-in-training isn't usually in contact with observational astronomers."
Hime: "Although we both know this, I shall instead cast subtextual aspersions upon your rationality."
Kakeru: "Motivated by long-standing issues in our relationship, I will leap to the worst possible conclusion of your words, and so angrily produce proof! Behold!"
Kakeru: /holds out chunk of purple kryptonite. "Got it from a cometary fragment last night!"
Hime: "It's beautiful."
Hime: "This is about that goddess-on-the-Moon thing again, isn't it?"
Kakeru: "They LAUGHED at me at Space Frontier Industries, but you believe me, don't you? Don't you?"

Awkward pause.

Luna: /begins to seriously feel that she really should not be witnessing this conversation.
Hime: "You're too romantic! All your stories about 'an intuition that there is life energy on the Moon.'"
Kakeru: "I tell you there IS—"
Hime: "Honey, you have four doctorates, you know about proof and evidence!"
Luna: /decides to leave the room before this gets into the whole They LAUGHED at Galileo! crank argument.

But suddenly, the purple kryptonite glows blue!

Kakeru: /urk
Hime: ?!
Kakeru: "Don't touch me! …I have a headache, could you please go home today."
Hime: "…I took my whole week's vacation just to come back and see y—"
Kakeru: "GO!"
Hime: "ARRRGH!" /sobs, slams door.
Kakeru: "ARRRGH!" /sobs, slumps into chair.
Luna: "…mew?"

After He Catches His Breath
Kakeru: "Arrrrrrgh. Why can't I be honestly happy for her? Her biggest wish has come true, and I'm just lashing out at her jealously… I'm such an asshole!"
Hime: /didn't actually leave, and is listening from just outside the door.
Luna: "Meow."
Kakeru: "So, what's your name, Miss?"
Luna: /cheerily. "Lun—"
Luna: /clamps paws over mouth.
Kakeru: "Did you just talk?"
Luna: "No."
Kakeru: "Good. Phew. Maybe I am working too hard."
Kakeru: "Let's see… Kuro? Tama? Mike?"
Luna: /srsly?
Kakeru: "Wait, you've got a crescent moon mark on your head. Tsukuyomi? Chang'e? Phoebe? Selene? Hecate? Sin? Mani? Bendis? Ta'lab? Avatea? Dewi Shri? Almaqah? Hathor? Kalfu? Ixbalanque? Tarqiup Inua? Luna?"
Luna: "MEOW!"
Kakeru: "Luna?"
Luna: "MEOW!"
Luna: (Wow! He guessed my name! He's so smart! He understands me, and only me!)
Luna: /smacks self mentally.
Kakeru: "Your owner must be an elegant person to name you Luna."
Luna: /can't decide how to field that one, so lets it go.
Kakeru: "Here, have a sugar star. If you wish upon it as you eat it, you'll meet the Moon Princess some day."
Luna: (…Yeah, probably I will.) /nibbles daintily.
Kakeru: "I've believed this since I was a kid but… oh, I suppose this is all very silly of me, telling all this to you."
Luna: /starstruck. (No! Tell me! Tell me everything!)

Kakeru relates the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, and that all his life he has felt an intuitive certainty that there is some level of truth to the story, that there IS something special upon the Moon.

Somewhere in there, Himeko gets up and leaves, and Kakeru hears her close the door and realizes what happened.

Luna tries to ignore this.

Outside, A Little Later
Luna watches the sea from the porch of the observatory.

Luna: (This is not happening to me. Now is not a good time.)
Luna: (Aw, come on, it's a perfect time.)
Luna: (No. I have duties, I have—)
Luna: (There was that fat wizard cat.)
Luna: (That was just a brief fling.)
Luna: (And Artemis—)
Luna: (NO NO NO NO NOT THINKING ABOUT COMPLICATED FEELINGS FOR ARTEMIS AT THIS TIME NO THANK YOU GOOD DAY)
Luna: (I keep things professional. I have duties. I are serious cat.)
Luna: (Wasn't always.)
Luna: (But that was back in the old days. Long time ago. I have to be responsible.)
Luna: (What's the harm? The team practically runs itself now.)
Luna: (He's human.)
Luna: (Like that's an obstacle. He's got nice hands and dreamy eyes and he smells nice and—)
Luna: (He's involved.)
Luna: (Not for long, it looks like.)
Luna: (Usagi's gonna laugh at me. It'll undermine my authority.)
Luna: (She'll think it's awesome and it won't.)
Luna: (Falling in love with some mortal human astronomer at this time in my life would be a very bad idea.)
Luna: (But oh, damn, do I want to. I really want to. Oh, man. What a man!)
Luna: (And I just scolded Usagi for her romanticism. Irony, thou art a cruel molly.)

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sailor Moon S The Movie, part 2 of part 1

Meanwhile, Up Above
The Yuki-Onna projects herself from her "comet" and into the sky above the first city which comes to her attention, which coincidentally happens to be a certain world-class metropolis on an East Asian archipelago.

Yuki-Onna: /sings up a storm.
The Wind: /howls.
The Snow: /falls.

Some of the snowflakes exalt into full-bore snow spirits, with the appearance of young women in white shifts.

Yuki-Onna: "FLY, MY SNOW DANCERS, FLY! FREEZE THIS WORLD AND FLY!"
Snow Dancers: /screech and gibber like flying monkey Nazgul, and hurl themselves downward.

Down on the Corner, Out in the Street
Team Tsukino is still searching for Luna.

Chibi-Usa: "Can Arty really just, um, 'issue command'?"
Usagi: "I guess he can, since we're all out here."
Chibi-Usa: "Gosh, I sure hope it doesn't snow while Luna's all sick and we're—"
Usagi: "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT—"

Suddenly! It starts to snow.

Gentle flakes fall from the sky. Everybody on the crowded streets looks up in pleasant surprise. "Hey, look! It's snowing!"

Usagi: "Sorry, you're new to this, I should explain. Never say things like that."
Chibi-Usa: "Why? Don't tell me something bad is going to happen?"

FX: NAZGUL SHRIEK

Chibi-Usa: "…"
Usagi: "Yes."

Suddenly!
A Snow Dancer swirls out of the sky and attacks!

Snow Dancer: /freezes everybody on the left side of the street.
Everybody on the right side of the street: /screams and runs like hell.
Snow Dancer: /freezes everybody on the right side of the street.
Everybody driving in the street: /tries to accelerate, get off the road, or leaps out of their cars in a panic.
Snow Dancer: /freezes all of them, too.

The Same Thing Is Happening Elsewhere In The City
General screaming, running about, sirens, et cetera. Team Inner Circle stands firm.

Makoto: "Holy crap! That's no normal Monster of the Week!"
Minako: "Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit."
Rei: "Uh-oh, if V's scared, I'm scared. ¿What is it, V?"
Minako: "Is this it? I mean, is this it? Future Crystal Tokyo was all after an Ice Age, right? And we've been having all these prophecies about Silence and the End of the World and shit, right? IS IT HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?"
Rei: "…Oh shit."
Minako: "Oh shit. Oh shit."
Rei: "Oh shit."
Makoto: "Guys, calm down, calm down. It could just be an unusually-powered villain, they happen sometimes. Or it's a weird fluke, like Mamoru's space elf ex. Be cool. Like Ami. Right Ami?"
Ami: "I'm not calming down, I'm pissed off! That bitch is copying my schtick!"

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER WITH CHORUS
  • Usagi into:
    • Sailor Moon: 43
    • Second Stage Sailor Moon: 30
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 16
    • Crisis Mode Sailor Moon: 6
    • Princess Serenity: 1
    • Disguise: 9
  • Ami into:
    • Sailor Mercury: 15
    • Second Stage Sailor Mercury: 16
  • Rei into:
    • Sailor Mars: 13
    • Second Stage Sailor Mars: 16
  • Makoto into:
    • Sailor Jupiter: 8
    • Second Stage Sailor Jupiter: 16
  • Minako into:
    • Sailor Venus: 7
    • Second Stage Sailor Venus: 19
  • Haruka into:
    • Sailor Uranus: 6
  • Michiru into:
    • Sailor Neptune: 6
  • Setsuna into:
    • Sailor Pluto: 2
  • Mamoru into:
    • Tuxedo Mask: 2
    • Second Stage Tuxedo Mask: 1
  • Chibi-Usa into:
    • Sailor Chibi-Moon: 4
  • Luna-P into something-or-other: 10

Minako: "We can always count on Mercury to remind us of what is best in life."
Ami: "To crush youma, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their masters! CHARGE!"
Snow Dancer #158051: /shoots and scoots.

Meanwhile, at Le Café Swank
Gentle chamber music, carefully-prepared coffee, genuine antique seats.

Sailor Pluto: "Please pass the scones."
Michiru: "Oh, look! It's snowing. Isn't it lovely? So peaceful."
Haruka: "Yes, it's been very quiet lately. A welcome change of pace."

A mob of terrified citizens screams past the window, pursued by a Snow Dancer, pursued by the Inner Senshi.

Haruka: /headdesk.
Michiru: /comforting pat on shoulder.
Sailor Pluto: "Waiter! Check, please."

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 16
  • Ami into:
  • Rei into:
  • Makoto into:
  • Minako into:
  • Haruka into:
    • Sailor Uranus: 7
  • Michiru into:
    • Sailor Neptune: 7
  • Setsuna into:
    • Sailor Pluto: 3
  • Mamoru into:
  • Chibi-Usa into:
    • Sailor Chibi-Moon: 4

Michiru: "Hey! How come we don't get a remix?"
Haruka: "Can't improve on perfection."
Sailor Pluto: "Thank you for sharing your theme song with me, since I don't seem to have one."
Michiru: "I'll just shut up now, shall I?" ;)
Sailor Pluto: "Thank you." ;)

Battle is Joined!

Snow Dancer casts ice at you.
Sailor Pluto Auto-Parries!
Time Tech Trigger: Attack Reversal!
PLUTO > VENUSIAN JIU-JUTSU > DRAGOON STRIKE > SNOW DANCER
Sailor Pluto leaps…
Sailor Pluto strikes Snow Dancer with the Key of Time!
Snow Dancer is hit.
Snow Dancer is hurt badly.
Snow Dancer is ephemeral! Resists aging.
HARUKA > ADVANCED RITUALISM > WORLD SHAKING > SNOW DANCER
Haruka casts tectonic forces at Snow Dancer.
Snow Dancer is hit.
Dying Action: Scream of Death! Snow Dancer shrieks painfully!
Sailor Pluto resists.
Haruka is hit.
Michiru is hit.
Snow Dancer is killed!
Sailor Pluto gains a level!
You find ¥395.
You find (1x) Ice Cloak.

Haruka: "You want…?"
Michiru: "Doesn't match my outfit."
Sailor Pluto: "In some games it may be possible to upgrade seemingly-worthless items later in the game."
Haruka: /dutifully stows the cloak. "Welp, it's not like we're likely to run out of room in the inventory. I don't know what we're going to do with all those fruits and potions, though…"

Meanwhile, Down the Block

Successful flank attack! You have your enemy surrounded.
Snow Dancer casts ice to the right.
Minako dodges!
Makoto dodges!
MINAKO > WAIT
MAKOTO > ADVANCED RITUALISM > SUPREME THUNDER > SNOW DANCER
Makoto casts lightning at Snow Dancer.
Makoto misses.
Snow Dancer shrieks horribly!
You hear growls in the distance…
MINAKO > ADVANCED RITUALISM > CRESCENT CUTTER > SNOW DANCER
Minako shoots lasers at Snow Dancer.
Snow Dancer was distracted. Snow Dancer is hit twice!
Snow Dancer is hurt.
Snow Dancer is disarmed. Dis arm go here, dat arm go dere!
Snow Dancer is down!

Makoto: "Jeeeeez, what a creepy-butt thing. Better finish it off."
Minako: "I brought it down. You finish it off."
Makoto: "I think it's moving. It might frost on me."
Snow Dancer: /twitches.
Minako: "It's not moving."
Makoto: "Then go finish it off."
Minako: "I don't want to touch it!"
Ami: "Honestly…"
Snow Dancer: /struggles to its feet like a zombie.

AMI > ADVANCED RITUALISM > BUBBLE SPRAY > SNOW DANCER
Ami casts bubbles at Snow Dancer.
Snow Dancer is hit.
Snow Dancer is hurt.
Bubbles solidify! But Snow Dancer resists crushing.
Snow Dancer is immobilized.

Minako: "Wow. I never thought you'd find a way to make the bubbles into a lethal weapon."
Makoto: /proudly. "Hey, when Ami sets out to accomplish something, she does it!"
Ami: "I don't know, the attack's not quite there yet. Though maybe if I increased the pressure—"

REI > ADVANCED RITUALISM > FIRE SOUL > SOUL DANCER
Rei casts fire at Snow Dancer.
Snow Dancer is hit.
Snow Dancer is hurt.
Snow Dancer is also set on fire!
Snow Dancer is killed!
You find ¥393.
You find (1) Ice Cloak.

Rei: "Guys, don't give Ami scary ideas. She has enough on her own."
Ami: /blushes.

Meanwhile, In the Other Direction
Someone running, Max.

Snow Dancer: /IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Usagi and Chibi-Usa: /hurdle several bicycle racks.
Usagi: "How 'bout that jump, huh? Just like Lupin and Jigen!"
Chibi-Usa: "There's gasp something pant wrong with gasp this pic- pant -ture!"
Usagi: "I know, but there's been no time to transform!"
Chibi-Usa: "But gasp we pant gotta!"
Usagi: "We have no choice then but to use the Tsukino Family Secret Technique!"
Chibi-Usa: "Right!"
Usagi and Chibi-Usa: "LOOK! A DECOY!"

Snow Dancer: /looks.
Usagi and Chibi-Usa: /sneak around the corner.
Snow Dancer: ???

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 17
  • Ami into:
  • Rei into:
  • Makoto into:
  • Minako into:
  • Haruka into:
    • Sailor Uranus: 7
  • Michiru into:
    • Sailor Neptune: 7
  • Setsuna into:
    • Sailor Pluto: 3
  • Mamoru into:
  • Chibi-Usa into:
    • Sailor Chibi-Moon: 5

Chibi-Usa: "Wow, with my new transformation sequence, it's like I'm wearing nothing at all! Nothing at all!" /prances about.
Usagi /Mom voice: "GET BACK HERE AND PUT YOUR PANTS ON!"

And no, I'm not giving you a screenshot.

Battle is Rejoined!
Sailors Moon and Chibi-Moon burst back around the corner, dramatically!

Usagi: "You have ruined these people's winter break!"
Chibi-Usa: "Yeah, ruined!"
Usagi: /…realizes that Chibi-Usa is about to repeat everything she says.
Usagi: /patiently. "For love and justice—"
Chibi-Usa: "For love and justice!"
Usagi: "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon!"
Chibi-Usa: "And Apprentice Bioshujo Senshi Sailor (gasp!) Chibi-Moon!"
Usagi: "In the name of the—"
Chibi-Usa: "In the name of the Moon!"
Usagi and Chibi-Usa: "We will punish you!"
Snow Dancer: /holds up boom box and cues mix.
Snow Dancer: /spins in time to the music…
Snow Dancer: /and does that ninja trick where she splits into multiple copies but ONLY ONE is the TRUE NINJA!
Snow Dancers: /surround the two Sailors.
Chibi-Usa: "Don't be distracted by the music!"
Usagi: "That's from the Nutcracker Suite isn't it?"
Usagi: "Wait, wait, no… no, it's not."
Usagi: "Okay, why would you do a piece of music that's almost but not quite 'Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies' when the Nutcracker Suite is public domain? Why not just use the real music?"
Usagi: /is confused.
Chibi-Usa: "Why do you care?"
Chibi-Usa: /is confused.
Snow Dancer: /mueheeheeheehee!
Usagi: "Wait, wait, wait. Focus. I can do this. I AM SAILOR MOON and I can do anything I put my mind to!"
Usagi: /meditates.
Chibi-Usa: /wow!
Usagi: "The TRUE ICE NINJA THINGY is…"
Usagi: "THAT ONE!" /points.
True Snow Dancer: /is standing behind Usagi, and socks her in the back of the head.
Usagi: /OW!

Usagi drops her wand and falls over.

Ninja Snow Clones: /disappear.
Snow Dancer: /smirks and stands over her wand, as if to say, whatchu gonna do?

Suddenly!
Enter Santa Claus, with sleigh and reindeer, armed with +4 blessed heat-seeking throwing roses.

Usagi: ?!
Chibi-Usa: "I told you he was real!"

Usagi realizes that the sleigh and reindeer form part of an advertising blimp which has conveniently gone off course…

Usagi: "Does your employer know you're using company property for personal use?"
Santa: "Shhh! This is a good part-time gig!"
Santa: /unbeards, revealing TUXEDO MASK!
Mamoru: "Winters are harsh in the north where snow falls often! However, snow that bleaches the world white is like beautiful lovers that meet in the winter!"
Usagi: ♥
Snow Dancer: ?????
Snow Dancer: /oh well, whatever.

Snow Dancer casts ice at Mamoru.
Mamoru dodges!
MAMORU > ITEM > STUN TOP > SNOW DANCER
Mamoru throws a spinning top at Snow Dancer.
Snow Dancer is hit!
Snow Dancer is hurt.
Snow Dancer is stunned.
Usagi picks up Crescent Wand.
USAGI > ADVANCED RITUALISM > MOON SPIRAL HEART ATTACK > SNOW DANCER
Usagi casts concentrated love at Snow Dancer.
Snow Dancer is hit!
Snow is Dancer is obliterated.

Snow Dancer: /screams and explodes.

Aftermath
The surviving Snow Dancers retreat as swiftly as they arrived, and the freezing spells abruptly fade. All the people, buildings, and vehicles that were frozen unthaw, and find themselves perfectly unharmed.

After a moment of confusion, everyone pretty much shrugs and goes on about their business as if nothing had happened.

Usagi: "There is something seriously wrong with this city."
Chibi-Usa: "HEY MISTER! Aren't you bothered that you were frozen in ice a second ago?"
Salariman #1058068: "Sorry, late for work! Thanks for the help! Gotta go!" /hurries away.
Usagi: "I guess people really can get used to anything."
Mamoru: "Speaking of late for work…"
Usagi: "I'll see you later, honey, go." /smooch.
Mamoru: /webswings away.

And So, Up in Space, on the Comet of Storms
Yuki-Onna: "Curses! To think Earth had such strong defenses!"
Yuki-Onna: "Have any of you found the crystal that I dropped, er, that landed by accident in Japan?"
Snow Dancers #3135, #18188, and #1345125: /shake their heads 'no'.
Yuki-Onna: "Well, get back to searching! But be subtle this time."
Snow Dancers: /flit.
Yuki-Onna: /faces the camera and strikes a pose of soliloquization.
Yuki-Onna: "Now is the summer of my discontent made glorious winter by my own hands! For once, long ago, I tried before to capture this jewel, this planet Earth, within my icy grip, but I was driven off, flung far away by a strange light that came from this world gem, and it has taken me many turnings of the stars to make my way back from the depths to which I was sent. But I shall not be thwarted! This time, I shall make this world mine, slowly, without any notice, using the power of my lost crystal to freeze the world in swiftness. Now, nothing can stand in my way!"
Snow Dancer #437: "If we were going to use stealth, shouldn't we have used that before making a big clumsy first strike that alerted Earth's defenders?"
Yuki-Onna: /distintegrates Snow Dancer #437.
Yuki-Onna: "Yes, nothing can stand in my way!" /hohohohohohohohoho!

Ming's Observatory
Crystal: /glows.
Kakeru: /grimaces.
Luna: /frets.

And So, On a Pedestrian Bridge in Downtown Tokyo
An informal meeting. The Inner Senshi on one side, the Outer Senshi on the other.

Minako: "Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit."
Makoto: "Dude, V, take it easy! We won, right?"
Minako: "Only the first wave. Oh shit."
Rei: "After seeing the enemy face-to-face, I'm not convinced this is the End. It doesn't feel right."
Michiru: "It's not the End."
Usagi: "Oh, good." /relieved.
Minako: "Wait, we're listening to them now?"
Usagi: "Shh."
Haruka: "Hey, like we told your boyfriend, this is what we do. There's always some sort of extrasolar invader or cosmic menace or galactic greebly. Pretty little worlds like this one are rare and valuable, and attract trouble."
Michiru: "Given how much difficulty we've had, er, containing the Grail situation, it's not surprising that opportunists are taking advantage."
Sailor Pluto: "Vultures of space."
Haruka: "Besides, this attack just has the wrong signature. Different people."
Michiru: "Still dangerous, though."
Haruka: "Oh, certainly."
Ami: "Thanks for the information! But why are you telling us this?"
Everybody: /looks at Haruka.
Michiru: "Yes, why?" :)
Haruka: "Because given the scope of the situation maybe we should mumble mumble."
Michiru: "What was that, Haruka?" :)
Haruka: "I SAID maybe we should all—"
Chibi-Usa: "Hey, there's Luna!"
All the Inners: /run over to that side to see. "Hey, it's Luna! Hooray! et cetera"
Haruka: "—gollylookatthetimegottago!"

The Inners All Gather Around Luna
…who is wearing a conspicuous yellow ribbon, and walking with a spring in her step.

Usagi: /bawls. "I've been so worried!"
Luna: "There, there." /kitty nuzzle.
Chibi-Usa: "Ribbon!"
Ami: "You look like you're in a good mood!"
Makoto: "Where'd you get that?"
Minako: "Yeah, bitchin' ribbon, Luna."
Rei: "¿Dónde estabas?"
Luna: /blushes. "Er, um…"
Luna: /Subject Changing Prana. "Say, did you know there's a comet approaching the Moon just now?"
Usagi: "AHA! I'd knew there'd be a connection! When do we meet the pure-hearted astronomer and his busty telescope daimon?"
Luna: "Astronomer? Nonsense! Haha! …Wait, telescope daimon?"
Rei: "Ignore her."
Majel Barrett: "To Be Continued."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom