• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 9: Well, you know… we all want to change the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilarion

Validated User
Re: Finally, at last, the illustrated recap for episodes 109-116 and the movie!

I just finished catching up - took me 14 days from July 5th, when I first stumbled onto this.

Wonderful. Just... wonderful. Thank you.

Your handling of Ami and Makoto is particularly awesome. "A Stormy Relationship" was a very moving read.

Oh, and I wanted to point one thing out....

Technically, the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon Clan were both "earth rebels" rather than "invaders". Nemesis was, after all, the tenth planet - it is part of the solar system, so the Outers wouldn't be called in on something like that.

Ali and En... yeah, that was the Outers should have been on that. Ah well, they didn't exist when Ikuhara made that part up.

Oh, and lastly... I need to join in on recommending that you watch Revolutionary Girl Utena.
We could probably guess that last bit by your username, Rose Princess. Get yourself into Shay Guy's IWIW thread, I think you'll like it.

Also, the Outers have a good excuse for Ali and En. Namely, that they hadn't awakened yet.

That has the corollary of meaning that no one's been watching the stellar frontier since the fall of the Silver Millennium, which is kind of disturbing, but...I'm sure they'll make up for lost time.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User

the Outers have a good excuse for Ali and En. Namely, that they hadn't awakened yet.

That has the corollary of meaning that no one's been watching the stellar frontier since the fall of the Silver Millennium, which is kind of disturbing, but...I'm sure they'll make up for lost time.
Well, Sailor Moon seems to be good at picking up the slack so far, doesn't she? And it's not like she'd hold it over you, she's just that nice.

Which is exactly why UraNep wouldn't be comfortable around her.

Usagi: "Welp, another's day work for the Sailor Senshi. Why does it seem that every odd asteroid houses a threat to our planet lately?"
Haruka /looks at Michiru
Michiru /looks at Haruka
Haruka: "... We really should get back to patrolling the borders..."
Usagi: "WHAT? Why?"
Haruka: "... didn't you just say that we're being attacked too often?"
Usagi: "What? Oh, that! Psh. That was whining, it's something I do. I wasn't implying anything, honest."
Haruka: "Regardless, we should probably go."
Usagi: "... But! Don't you hate that job!"
Haruka /shifty eyes to Setsuna : "Who told you that!"
Michiru: "Regardless, it is our duty to make the Solar System a better place."
Usagi: "Aww, c'mon! It's not a duty if you hate it, it's a chore!"
Haruka: ...
Michiru: ...
Usagi: "And it'd be so lonely. I know I wouldn't be able to bear it, being faraway from my friends and Mamo and not being able to see them. Unless..." /punches Haruka in the shoulder "Why, you sneaky gals, you! You're totally thinking of bunking together, don't you!"
Haruka /blushes : "What? No! We would never think that!"
Michiru /blushes : "Yeah! That's... that's indecent!"
Usagi /puzzled : "Then, why are you so adamant on going? I mean, sure, it'd be nice to have a little warning before the next crazy alien attacks, but we've always managed to far..."
Usagi /muses to herself: (although I should really ask Ami if she can rig an allarm or something)
Haruka: "..."
Michiru: "..."
Usagi /BOO-YAH! Nobody beats me at social-fu! : "You have your friends and family here- although come to think of it, are your parents ever around? I'd be inclined to think everybody in Tokyo has been suddenly orphaned, except that I know somebody still cooks for me and it can't be Luna.
Michiru /distracted by the sudden change of topic : "Bwuh?"
Usagi: "So you'll stay then, right? Riiiight?"
Haruka /steps back
Usagi: "Jooooin uuuus... Dooooo eeeeeeeeeeet... Join the Light Side- we have Mako-cookies!" /shows them basket full of cookies

Meanwhile, while Michiru and Haruka keep arguing with Usagi, Setsuna dutifully hides behind her back a bottle of milk and two glasses...

Bara_no_Hime

Rose Bride

We could probably guess that last bit by your username, Rose Princess. Get yourself into Shay Guy's IWIW thread, I think you'll like it.
Already have it bookmarked. ^^ And Shadowjack studies Evangelion. I'll be reading them soon.

Also, the Outers have a good excuse for Ali and En. Namely, that they hadn't awakened yet.
Well, we see Haruka and Michiru awakening while wearing middle school uniforms, so that puts their awakening during season 2 - so they MIGHT have awakened in time for Ali and En - and certainly in time for Fiore.

Also, this rather begs the question of why they awoke for this season. At this point, the Death Busters appear to be the most homegrown problem yet, or at least on the same level with the Black Moon Clan (humans empowered or aided by mysterious evil).

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User

Already have it bookmarked. ^^ And Shadowjack studies Evangelion. I'll be reading them soon.

Well, we see Haruka and Michiru awakening while wearing middle school uniforms, so that puts their awakening during season 2 - so they MIGHT have awakened in time for Ali and En - and certainly in time for Fiore.

Also, this rather begs the question of why they awoke for this season. At this point, the Death Busters appear to be the most homegrown problem yet, or at least on the same level with the Black Moon Clan (humans empowered or aided by mysterious evil).
Eh, the universe has a cruel sense of humor, everybody knows that.

"So there two chicks were supposed to protect the world from things from Outer Space? And they totally failed to show up on time? Hilarious! But you know what's even better? That they awaken for the only threat that has no connection to it! That's funny, right?"

Of course, further explanations can be gleaned with knowledge of future, but only Sailor Pluto and us who like spoilers know so, and we ain't willing to share.

On this thread, anyway. Here's an handy link to the spoiler thread, with spoilers. Spoily spoilery little spoilt spoilers.

Hilarion

Validated User

I have a feeling that if Sailor Pluto decided to just spill all, there'd be so much to say that the Sailors would be asleep by the time she finished. And I mean all.

Pluto: "In the Year Anno Domini 2674, Earth was still frozen. In the Year Anno Domini 2675 Earth was still frozen. In the Year Anno Domini 2676, it was a leap year. Earth was still frozen, but the freeze lasted for one more day."

Boco

Genderless entity
Validated User

I wanna comment on this. It's true that in the plot, Saphir doesn't do anything except rant and uncover the Truth about Wiseman (TM). However, I think it's implied that he was significantly involved in the Black Moon's original attack on Crystal Tokyo, which makes him probably what you might call a war criminal, given the effects of the Black Moon fleet's attack on the city that we saw.
He designed the Droids they used to attack the past.

Also, in the manga,
Spoiler: Show
Dimande stole his unfinished Droids for the attack on the past, the attack on Crystal Tokyo was unplanned and was also Dimande working without Safir's involvement, and Safir refused to wear the evil earrings. While he supported their cause politically, he disagreed with the plan every step of the way. So basically he was a good guy the entire time.

Ali and En... yeah, that was the Outers should have been on that. Ah well, they didn't exist when Ikuhara made that part up.
Ikuhara didn't start directing until after the Makaiju arc.

Bara_no_Hime

Rose Bride

Ikuhara didn't start directing until after the Makaiju arc.
He didn't become series director until after that arc. He was directing episodes all through season 1, and was one of the major creative forces behind the series alongside Junichi Satou.

ChaosWolf

Retired User

Pluto: "In the Year Anno Domini 2674, Earth was still frozen. In the Year Anno Domini 2675 Earth was still frozen. In the Year Anno Domini 2676, it was a leap year. Earth was still frozen, but the freeze lasted for one more day."
Why does this make me giggle?

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode #117: Higher, Stronger! Cheers by Usagi.

Minako: "Behold my mind control powers! You are now hearing Daft Punk!"
Rei: "Dammit V!"
Ami: "How is that a bad thing?"
Rei: "…¿Because I liked Homework better than Discovery?"
Ami: "Fair enough."
Makoto: "You're dead to me, Rei."
Minako: "Alive 2007 for me."
Sailor Pluto: "Please stop being anachronistic."

Strategy Session Story Time at the Hikawa Shrine
Mamoru has apparently decided to go Country by wearing a lot of blank denim.

Mamoru: "What? I'm a Johnny Cage fan."
Usagi: "No, I mean, was the outfit part of your plan? You had to beat the Outers in a barfight or roping competition or something?"
Mamoru: "No, I just asked them to talk to me."
Ami: /grumbles. "Off-screen and between episodes."
Mamoru: "Look, there's got to be some explanation for how I came by this information, so please just go with it for now."
Ami: "All right, all right. They accepted you as a neutral third party since you're not technically a member of our team, so they were willing to sit down with you over iced coffee and explain why they won't cooperate with us."
Mamoru: "Exactly. That, and I pieced together a few old memories from talking with the cats."

A Long Time Ago In A Solar System That Now Seems Far, Far Away…
Mamoru tells the story of the Outer Senshi, how they granted sweeping powers and tasked with the defense of the entire Solar System—not solely the Moon Kingdom, but all worlds—against invasion from the depths of interstellar space. These special Sailors kept a constant vigil upon the distant border marches, largely alone and unthanked. Now they've reincarnated at last, only to discover that the enemy has already infiltrated the only surviving homeland…

Mamoru: "…so from their point-of-view, they have to hurry to resecure Earth before something worse slips across the undefended border."
Ami: "Could you rewind the slideshow a moment?"
Mamoru: /obliges.

Ami: "…Pluto isn't a gas giant with multiple moons."
Mamoru: "It isn't now."
Everybody: /gets very quiet.
Mamoru: "So, uh… I think that's kind of where they're coming from in all this."
Makoto: /feels threatened.
Rei: /feels sympathetic.
Ami: /feels sad.
Luna: /feels guilty.
Artemis: /WEEPS MANLY TEARS AT THE OUTERS' DISPLAY OF STOIC BUSHIDO SPIRIT.
Minako: /sighs and offers hanky. "Boys."
Mamoru: /chuckles drily.
Minako: "Sorry. Anyway, I guess they're avoiding us because they never would have worked with us before, right?"
Mamoru: "Right. You're royal bodyguards, I was a domestic knight of a neutral nation, and they were nuclear-tipped border rangers."
Minako: "It'd be like if a bunch of street cops volunteered to help the SDF on strategic naval defense."
Usagi: "But that was then and this is now! Stuff's different!"
Mamoru: "They think it isn't, though, you see."
Minako: "Like, they're afraid you'll try to make friends with something that eats planets and get us all killed."
Usagi: "Um. I can't really argue against that. I probably would. Hmm."

Laboratories of the Witches4®
A highly important scientific experiment is in progress.

Witch #3: "Right hand on red."
Witch #2: /places right hand on red.
Mimette: /places right hand on red.
Witch #1: "Mimette, you forgot to charge the batteries on your mysterious shadow cloak again, didn't you? I can see everything."
Mimette: /pouts. "ohhhhh so wut? lol"
The Professor: /also can see everything.
The Professor: /waits in the doorway for quite a few minutes, observing carefully.
Mimette: "darn!! this is rly hard 2 do i n high heels and labcoat!! this is prolly some1's fetish lol"
Mimette: (if i can win this game, the executive posting is mine!) /strives with all her might.
Mimette's Sanity and Conscience: "Okay, y'know what? I'm out. If you're that far gone, that even a game of Twister becomes part of your self-delusion, I'm done here. Good luck."
Mimette: ?
The Professor: /finally enters the room. "Mimette, I'm impressed to see that you are… training."
Mimette: !
Mimette: /falls over.
The Professor: "Preparing for the next target, of course." /he waves at Mimette's latest collection of magazines and photos, this time for sports.
Mimette: "sir!!! I'm surprised you came in person to our humble employee lounge!"
Everyone: /stares at Mimette as if to ask, "Didn't you get the memo?"
Mimette: "…"
The Professor: /airily. "Just thought I'd drop by and deliver your Daimon in person and make sure you got on your way in a timely manner."
Mimette: /hastily suits up, takes the Daimon case, and heads out.
Mimette: (he came for me personally! that's good, right?)
The Witches3: /turn to the Professor attentively.
The Professor: "Now that she's gone, I believe we have matters to… discuss."

And so…

Witch #3: "Left foot on yellow."
Witch #1: /places left foot on yellow.
The Professor: /places left foot on yellow.
Mimette's Sanity and Conscience: /places left foot on yellow.. "I get the feeling that Mimette has already been written off by her employers. Poor Mimette. Well, can't say I didn't try."

Hotaru's Fairy Suite
Hotaru has a top-quality widescreen TV and stereo set up in her room—and this is before flatscreens got big, remember. The set is tuned to track and field coverage.

Announcer: "…and here's Shun Hayase, warming up for the next jump. Hayase, very frail as a child, is now the record holder in the Nationals for this and several other events, and expected to go to the next Olympics. A true triumph of the human spirit. He's stepping up now to the…"

Hotaru has the same sports magazines Mimette was reading on her own desk.

Hotaru: /blushes faintly, and picks up her authentic 19th-century fountain pen.
Hotaru (writes): "Dear Shun-kun…"
Kaolinite: "I didn't know you were a sports fan."
Hotaru: /almost dies.
Hotaru: /tries to lean over and hide the letter. "KAORI I TOLD YOU TO KNOCK FIRST!!!"
Kaolinite: "Heehee! My, how strong you've gotten lately!" /strolls out of the room.
Hotaru: /aaaaaarrrrrrrgh…
Hotaru: /throws the obviously ruined letter away and starts over.
Hotaru (writes): "To Mr. Shun Hayase…"
Kaolinite: "A love letter? Do you think he'll write you back?"
Hotaru: "AAAAAARRRRRGH!!! WHY?! Why do you do this to me? You're getting so weird!"
Kaolinite: "You're the weird one, writing a letter you won't have the courage to send. HOHOHOHOHOHO!" /strolls out of the room again.
Hotaru: /is too stunned to remember to lock the door this time.

Tsukino Residence
Usagi comes back from the strategy session.

Usagi: "Phew. It's all getting too complicated."
Usagi: "Hi! I'm back! Hello, Hotaru! I recognized your gothy cute shoes by the door."
Hotaru: "Hello Miss Usagi!"
Chibi-Usa: "Hi Usa—"
Usagi: "Dude! Didn't you serve our guest tea? Shame! SHAME!"
Chibi-Usa: "Ikuko-Mama isn't here and I'm not supposed to touch the stove, stupid Usagi!"
Usagi: "…Well, that's no excuse!"
Chibi-Usa: "Yes, it is!"
Usagi: "Nuh-uh!"
Chibi-Usa: "Yeah-huh!"
Usagi: "Nuh-uh!"
Chibi-Usa: "Yeah-huh!"
Usagi: "Ow! No pinching!"
Chibi-Usa: "I can pinch you as much as like off-camera! Since no one sees it, it's not reproducible violence, and it saves on animation budget!"
Usagi: "Oh, yeah? Then I can pinch back! OW! No biting!"
Chibi-Usa: "I told you, I can do anything I want off-camera and you can't stop me! Nyah nyah nyah!"
Usagi: "Oh, yeah? WHOA! No chainsaws!"
Chibi-Usa: "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Hotaru: /no sarcasm, totally genuine. "I love the gentle feeling of love in your family."
Chibi-Usa: "…she joking?"
Usagi: "Siberia seems warm to a penguin."

Anyway
Usagi serves tea and cakes and Hotaru brings up what's on her mind.

Usagi and Chibi-Usa: /ZOMG letter.
Hotaru: "…i-it's not a love letter or anything, just that I'm reassured when I see him compete that maybe, you know, I could… some day…"
Usagi: "Fan letters are cool!"
Chibi-Usa: "I hope you get a reply!"
Hotaru: "But I've decided not to send it."
Usagi: "For goodness sake why?"
Hotaru: /SHAME REJECTION ANXIETY HEDGEHOGS. "…well… uh… I don't know where to…?"
Usagi: "Then give it in person!"
Chibi-Usa: "Like, duh! Let's go!"
Hotaru: "Uh, buh, wha?"

And So: The Stadium
Shun Hayase: /stretching.
Mimette: /stalking.
Mimette: "Ah, my love! Today the stadium is closed for practice, so the day is for you and me alone!"
Sign: "Stadium closed to the public today. Athletes and staff only."
Mimette: /tears down and crumples up the sign for use as tissue.

Suddenly!

Mimette: /thoroughly intimidated. "This could be trouble."

No, THIS is Trouble
Hotaru: "Wait! Wait! But what if… what if… I dunno, tigers or…"
Usagi: "Come on, come on, it'll be fine! No one ever gets seriously hurt in a filler episode!"
Chibi-Usa: "Yeah, and sometimes you make friends you never see again! Filler is fun!"
Hotaru: "…but… what if… ohhhhhhhhh. How can you just do things? I can't do things!"

Or Maybe THIS is Trouble
Doorman: "Excuse me, the stadium is closed to the general public."
Sailor Pluto: /flashes psychic paper. "We're trainers."
Doorman: "Oh, carry on, then."

Michiru: "Shun Hayase, pure-hearted Olympian, beloved of this month's gossip magazines. Definitely on the target list."
Haruka: "And best of all, in a closed stadium, there's no way the Inners will be able to stumble into the line of fire."
Chibi-Usa: "Hi!" /glomps Sailor Pluto.
Haruka: "What the f—"
Michiru: /covers Haruka's mouth.

Staff members blowing whistles charge onto the field as a twin-tailed blonde and a little goth chick breach the perimeter and run across the track.

Michiru: "WHAT THE H—"
Sailor Pluto: /covers Michiru's mouth.
Sailor Pluto: /to Chibi-Usa. "What's going on?"
Chibi-Usa: "We're just visiting. Why?"
Haruka: "Nnnnnrrrrrghh!!!!"

COISES, FOILED AGAIN!
Creepily identical security guards surround and hem in Usagi and Hotaru.

Security Daimons: /HALT
Usagi: "Jeez, when did the Azabu-Juuban Sporting Association get their own daimons?"
Hotaru: "Didn't you know? Sports and entertainment often get new technology first. They've got the money to spare."
Usagi: "Makes sense. Hey! We're cute future tax-payers here! We just wanna give the guy a letter!"
Security Daimons: /NOPE
Usagi: "Jerks!"
Hotaru: "It's okay… I don't want to be any trouble…"
Usagi: "You don't have to be that moé. Look, he's right over there. Just wave."
Hotaru: "Oh, I couldn't possibly… I'll just go…"
Usagi: "I'll even hold your hand up for you."
Hotaru: "I wouldn't want you to go to any bother…"
Usagi: "It's no bother. Just wave and say, 'Hi.'"
Shun Hayase: "Yo, 'sup?"

Shun Hayase looks like Prince Namor's kid brother.

Hotaru: /brain freeze.

Several Minutes Later
Usagi: "Okay, we can stop padding the episode now. Give him the letter."
Hotaru: "…"
Usagi: "THE LETTER."
Usagi: /waves hand before face. "Hotaru? You okay?"
Chibi-Usa: /gets megaphone. "GIVE HIM THE LETTER! GIVE HIM THE LETTER! GIVE HIM THE LETTER!"
Shun Hayase: "There's a letter? I could just take it—"
Usagi: "Shh. She's trying. She'll get there. It'll do her good."
Hotaru:/agergweoqpk
Shun Hayase: "Maybe we're trying too hard."
Usagi: "Yeah, okay. Everybody look away!" /turns around.
Security Daimons: /OKAY
Chibi-Usa: /covers her eyes.
Shun Hayase: /waits patiently.
Hotaru: /wusses out and walks away.
Usagi: /slow-motion. "Nnnnnnnoooooooooo…"
Mimette: /just coming back from the restroom. "Hey!"
Mimette: "i even followed teh rules this time 4 once and u get 2 talk 2 him instead?? SO UNCOOL!! see if i follow rules again fascists!!!"
Mimette: /UNLEASHES THE DAIMON!

Monster of the Week Revealed!
UNDOHKAI! A blue elf dressed as a track and field athlete with punk hair, red baseball cap turned backwards, and, inexplicably, a giant seashell on her back.

Undohkai: /isn't paid enough for this shit.

Battle is Joined
Mimette: "Daimon, destroy these pests!"

Undohkai creates a giant medicine ball.
Undohkai revs up…
A Security Daimon demands that Undohkai ceases and desists and returns to the stands.
Undohkai revs up…
A Security Daimon blows its whistle at Undohkai in shrill disapproval.
Undohkai revs up…
A Security Daimon threatens to revoke Undohkai's season pass.
Undohkai charges! FLAMING MEDICINE BALL ATTACK!
The field is damaged!

Security Daimons: /DESTROY

Surprised by the sudden daimon battle, Hotaru drops the letter, which immediately falls into the flames and is destroyed!

Hotaru: "Noooooo!" /bursts into tears.
Usagi: "What? No saving roll? Foul! Railroading!"

General chaos on the field as the Deathbusters Daimon and the Athletic Association Daimons chase each other in merry circles. Mimette cackles and whoops. Athletic equipment is knocked over, smashed to bits, and set on fire. The automated anti-hooligan turrets deploy and start firing rubber pellets into the non-existent crowd while blaring soothing music at 100 dB. The few humans present all scamper for cover.

In Cover
Usagi: "Right, okay, uh…"
Hotaru: /curls up in a ball and rocks back and forth. "…I lost the letter… I lost the letter… Kaori was right… I'm worthless… worthless…"
Usagi: "…um."

Explosions, fire, bits of Security Daimons rain across the field.

Usagi: "Stay here where it's, er, physically safe, and I'll be back as soon as I can."

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:
    • Sailor Moon: 43
    • Second Stage Sailor Moon: 30
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 18
    • Crisis Mode Sailor Moon: 7
    • Princess Serenity: 1
    • Disguise: 9
  • Ami into:
    • Sailor Mercury: 15
    • Second Stage Sailor Mercury: 16
  • Rei into:
    • Sailor Mars: 13
    • Second Stage Sailor Mars: 16
  • Makoto into:
    • Sailor Jupiter: 8
    • Second Stage Sailor Jupiter: 16
  • Minako into:
    • Sailor Venus: 7
    • Second Stage Sailor Venus: 19
  • Haruka into:
    • Sailor Uranus: 7
  • Michiru into:
    • Sailor Neptune: 7
  • Setsuna into:
    • Sailor Pluto: 3
  • Mamoru into:
    • Tuxedo Mask: 2
    • Second Stage Tuxedo Mask: 1
  • Chibi-Usa into:
    • Sailor Chibi-Moon: 5
  • Luna-P into something-or-other: 10

Meanwhile, on the Field of Battle
The surviving Security Daimons have retreated, leaving the field to Undohkai.

Undohkai: /rolls Hayase around until he's too dizzy to resist, then…
Undohkai: /…thumps onto him in an aggressive, fully-clothed cowgirl position.
Hayase: /raises an eyebrow.
Undohkai: /grins.
Hayase: /smiles sheepishly back.
Hayase: /belatedly realizes that if a monster grins, it's probably not good for the human.
Hayase: /tries to escape.
Undohkai: /holds him tight and goes in for the Kiss.
Mimette: /watches Hayase's struggle with disturbing glee.
Mimette: "Finally! Hayase's lips, I mean, soul crystal will be stolen! Forgive me, darling, but this is my job!"
Mimette: /rapturously. "Closer, Daimon! Closer! Do it! Take him in your arms and—"

Suddenly!
Sailors Moon and Chibi-Moon burst in, dramatically!

Usagi: "Okay, let's keep this PG!"
Chibi-Usa: "That's right! There are children present!"
Usagi: "(You know, you didn't have to come along.)"
Chibi-Usa: "(Yes, I did. Someone's got to keep an eye on you.)"
Usagi: "(Don't you have that the other way ar—?)"

Meanwhile, Undohkai has finally seized the soul crystal, and takes advantage of their distraction to tie their legs together, three-legged race style. The two Sailors promptly fall over.

Mimette: "okay!! this time let's go before any more show up!!" /runs off.
Undohkai: "Wow! I'd heard that you usually just kill off your Daimon! But here we are, actually escaping—"
Usagi: "Curses! We'll have to learn to work together as a team before we can follow them!"
Chibi-Usa: "Don't you have a knife or something to cut this ribbon on our legs?"
Usagi: "Do you trust me to throw the Moon Tiara at it?"
Chibi-Usa: "…Oh boy, let's start hopping!"

The Villains Make Their Escape!
They run right down the passage past Hotaru, who is still curled up stuporous against the wall.

Undohkai: ?
Undohkai: /goes back to look.
Undohkai: /sympathetically. "Hey, kid, you okay? If you're hurt, you should go the medica— uh-oh."

KANEDAAAAAAAA! TETSUOOOOOOOOO!
The Stadium is rocked by a tremendous explosion of magical power. The Daimon flies out of the tunnel like a bullet from a gun, and smashes into the middle of the field. Everybody turns and stares.

Usagi: "What the heck was THAT? That wasn't anyone WE know!"
Chibi-Usa: "Hey, the ribbon came off! Do we run, or what?"
Usagi: "…Priority to the Daimon. We've gotta get the soul back."
Chibi-Usa: "I'm on it!" /runs towards the Daimon shell.
Usagi: "…I gotta watch what I say to her."

Haruka: "Did you see that? Look at that A.T. Field!"
Michiru: "You're right. That Tomoe girl is not normal."
Sailor Pluto: "A dangerous entity."

Mimette: /comes back into the Stadium. "HEY! What are you doing?!"
Undohkai: /curled up inside her shell. "I DON'T KNOW, BOSS! I stopped to help that kid and then she hit me like a ton of hammers—"
Mimette: "Why were you helping some kid?! YOU'RE A DAIMON!"
Undohkai (muffled by the shell): "That doesn't mean I'm a monster! I mean, she looked hurt! I couldn't just leave her!"
Mimette: "You ARE a monster! MY monster! You eat souls!"
Undohkai (muffled by the shell): "Only one at a time."
Mimette: "And you follow my orders! So get over here!"
Undohkai (muffled by the shell): "Sorry, can't hear you. Malfunction. Doing a systems check now."
Mimette: "I said get over here!"
Undohkai (muffled by the shell): "Very thick shell, this. Really can't hear anything. Keeps me and my shiny soul safe for retrieval, though."
Mimette: "What do you—"
Undohkai (muffled by the shell): "Operator error. Distress signal sent. Awaiting pick up."
Mimette: "I'll distress you, you misshapen—"

Chibi-Usa: /thinks.
Chibi-Usa: /lies flat and sticks her wand under the lip of the shell.
Undohkai (muffled by the shell): "What th-?"
Chibi-Usa: /fires.
Undohkai: /OW OW OW OW OW OW OW
Mimette: /sees that the Daimon is now fulfilling its proper purpose in life: distracting the heroes while she runs away.
Mimette: /runs away.

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:
    • Sailor Moon: 43
    • Second Stage Sailor Moon: 30
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 18
    • Crisis Mode Sailor Moon: 8
    • Princess Serenity: 1
    • Disguise: 9
  • Ami into:
    • Sailor Mercury: 15
    • Second Stage Sailor Mercury: 16
  • Rei into:
    • Sailor Mars: 13
    • Second Stage Sailor Mars: 16
  • Makoto into:
    • Sailor Jupiter: 8
    • Second Stage Sailor Jupiter: 16
  • Minako into:
    • Sailor Venus: 7
    • Second Stage Sailor Venus: 19
  • Haruka into:
    • Sailor Uranus: 7
  • Michiru into:
    • Sailor Neptune: 7
  • Setsuna into:
    • Sailor Pluto: 3
  • Mamoru into:
    • Tuxedo Mask: 2
    • Second Stage Tuxedo Mask: 1
  • Chibi-Usa into:
    • Sailor Chibi-Moon: 5
  • Luna-P into something-or-other: 10

Usagi: /immediately transitions into…

USAGI > GRAIL TECH > HEARTACHE > UNDOHKAI
Usagi casts concentrated love at Undohkai!
Undohkai is hit.
Undohkai is obliterated!

Undohkai: "Love… love… love… love… lovely." /dies.
Usagi: /inspects the remains. "…a seashell and a runner's number. What are they doing now, just transforming any old random junk into monsters?"

Meanwhile, Back at the Lab
The Professor: "Okay, let's see what we've got here…"
The Professor: /empties out his pocket. "Three paperclips, a piece of string, a multi-tool, my wallet, my keys, a concert ticket stub, two of a three-pack of condoms, a comb, a Mexican peso, a folded-up paper towel, and some lint. Oh, well, what the hell."
The Professor: /shoves it all into the Daimon Oven and throws the switch. "MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Aftermath
Hotaru regains consciousness on an ambulance stretcher, looking into Ayase's Atlantean eyes.

Hayase: "Please, don't strain yourself! You're frail, too, aren't you? Like me, when I was a kid?"
Hotaru: "Yes!"
Hayase: "Let me tell you something: even at this age, sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I feel like this self that's full of vigor and able to play sports is just a dream, and any moment I'll wake up back there."
Hotaru: "I know exactly what you mean!"
Hayase: "Wow, no one ever actually listened to me before. Thank you. Trust me: you can get better. Maybe not this way, but some way."
Hotaru: "Thank you. Do your best at your next track meet!"
Hayase: "You do your best, too."
Hotaru: :)
Usagi and Chibi-Usa: /high-five!

Haruka: "Why did we bother to come here again?"
Michiru: "Our sacred honor."
Haruka: "Right, that. Anyway, what IS Hotaru Tomoe?"
Sailor Pluto: "…I couldn't get a reading."

Denouement
And so, Hotaru returns home, and continues to watch the sporting events with a hopeful smile. Some day, she vows… some day…

Chibi-Usa: "So what blew up the Daimon, Usagi? Puu and her friends were over away in the stands, I saw them."
Usagi: "The only thing I've seen with that much power is our own Planet Power blast and the Grail on full force, but I have the Grail right here, and if the guys had helped us, Rei would be rubbing my face in it right now."
Chibi-Usa: "So who else could it be? And why didn't they show themselves?"
Usagi: "Maybe Mimette got angry and shot her Daimon where we couldn't see it."
Chibi-Usa: "Mimette would have shot you with it, silly, not her Daimon."
Usagi: "Durr, you're right. Maybe… hmm."
Chibi-Usa: "What? You're trying to be sneaky, I can tell."
Usagi: "I'd rather not say until I know for sure. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings."

Last edited:

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #117: Higher, Stronger! Cheers by Usagi.

Certain parts of this episode seem ripe for macros, but I don't have good enough source to capture the proper clips or screenshots at high quality. The arena staff going "Nope" seems like a clip that could be useful in many circumstances.

Amazoness said:
117 does also have the disadvantage of Taichi Nakamura as art director. He seemed to have trouble with perspective, and everything he produced seemed incredibly flat.
Quite possibly because of this.

(Gaaah, the more I look at it... the perspective isn't even the worst thing about it. He makes Haruka look like the protagonist of a 1970s mecha anime.)
Actually, I kind of liked the way they look in Mamoru's narration, at least. It somehow seems appropriate for a story of the "long ago past". :D

The way Mimette's arm must be twisted in the "OK" gesture bugs the heck out of me, though. And I did notice the overall "flatness" in the rest of the episode.

Kintatsu said:
Kaolinite seemed to use magic easy as breathing, Eudial looked to have a small or nonexistent mana pool (for which she compensated with BRUTAL EFFICIENCY and technological prowess), and Mimette appears to have some magic at her disposal, though she can't cast bare-handed. Dysfunctional infatuation is a form of love, right?
That sounds about right. Kaolinite is/was definitely a mage-type, and curiously seemed to have little understanding of the technological world: "trains" struck her as unusual and quaint. Eudial is definitely a player character, and a fairly clever one at that: she sunk a lot of what little magic she has into a transportation ability instead of wasting it on combat power, and leverages Earthly technology to the maximum within her budget. While Mimette… some sort of strange grace is protecting her, and she did display a little bit of twisted magical girl power, but so far, she hasn't done a lot herself, so it's hard to judge.

I'd have to reread the old discussion, but on the theme of love as a power source… yeah, Kaolinite definitely has that as a motivation, while Eudial seems to be a pure materialist. She doesn't hate Sailor Moon, it's just that killing Sailor Moon is worth a promotion, and super-villainy is awfully fun. So she doesn't get a lot of kewl magic. While Mimette… I'll have to wait to see her use her own power to tell if her twisted idea of love works for her or not.

Mattheq said:
I don't think love is the only metric. Eudial is a competent professional doing what she does best. Pure heart hunting and mad science aren't just a job to her, they're a career. She's living the life she wanted to - or close enough - and I think following your aspirations and being awesome at what you do, not matter what that is, are also powerful forces in SMverse. Not as powerful as love, but still. Contrast that to Mimette, who is clearly in over her head and only sees this job as a stepping stone to who-knows-what.
That's very well put. Eudial loves hacking code, driving like a madwoman, and pulling off capers. And she gets paid for it, how awesome is that?

Morilore said:
I wanna comment on this. It's true that in the plot, Saphir doesn't do anything except rant and uncover the Truth about Wiseman (TM). However, I think it's implied that he was significantly involved in the Black Moon's original attack on Crystal Tokyo, which makes him probably what you might call a war criminal, given the effects of the Black Moon fleet's attack on the city that we saw.
This line of thought has the potential to get very tangential very quickly, but historically, carpet bombing isn't considered a war crime. On the other hand, that's kind of because the people who wrote the definitions were the ones who'd used it themselves. On the gripping hand, given Usagi's familiarity with tokusatsu shows, I would expect that Crystal Tokyo has an excellent evacuation plan.

Personally, I take him as an honorable soldier, but with war being an inherently dishonorable activity. You try to justify the concept of "collateral damage" to Usagi and she'll hit you, but many people, alas, accept it…

Bara_no_Hime said:
Oh, and lastly... I need to join in on recommending that you watch Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Golly, I want to. Problem is I'm trying to arrange my life so that I have time again to sit and watch shows, instead of having something on while I'm doing something else. And a show like that deserves my full attention.

darkgloomie said:
Meanwhile, while Michiru and Haruka keep arguing with Usagi, Setsuna dutifully hides behind her back a bottle of milk and two glasses...
Teeheehee!

It's true, they really should upgrade the defense net.

Hilarion said:
I have a feeling that if Sailor Pluto decided to just spill all, there'd be so much to say that the Sailors would be asleep by the time she finished. And I mean all.

No wonder she's so terse when I write her. She knows that most people don't really want to know the details. :D

Sailor Pluto: /weaving slightly. "Most of the good bits are about frogs. You would not believe some of the things about frogs. Come on, let's go out and find ourselves a frog. Boy, will you ever see them in a new light!"
Sailor Uranus: "I told you not to let her open another bottle. Somebody help me get her back to the Gate."

From a kind of Zen-of-cross-time point of view, all details are equally important. A butterfly flaps its wings in Beijing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom