• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Shadowjack Watches Sailor Moon Thread 13: The Magic Horse Ate Our Fancy Title

Bag of Magic Food

Still captured by Lothor
Validated User
Well, one thing the musicals kept rehashing was the concept of bringing back first-season villains to work with fifth-season villains, and a couple of them even threw in some fourth-season minions for good measure.

Amethyst

Validated User
I've always had the idea of a Season 6 fanfic where all of the ambiguously dead villains decided to be a Legion of Doom.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
I always thought that with the Time Shenanigans etc the various villain squads were keeping each other out. Doom Tree saw Metallia and Noped the Fuck Out, and so on.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The last episode I reviewed was so bad, it gave me stomach flu, interrupting my write-up of the next episode. :p I'm recovering nicely, though.

Interesting thought, having it all at once. One thing that helps Our Heroes is that there's not much reason for the different villains to collaborate! Let's see here:

Beryl wants to resurrect Metallia and DESTROY ZA WORLD and maybe bone Mamoru before that bit happen. Her minions, however, struck me as less mind-controlled as Beryl might've liked; they seemed into the plan for power, but had varying degrees of trust in the actual master plan. (Jadeite, in particular, strikes me as the sort of asshole who would be rather surprised that the boss really believes in this destroy-the-world stuff. While Nephrite feels like a believer who reconsiders once he's brought out of his bubble.)

But the Black Moon Clan didn't want to destroy the world, they wanted to dethrone Neo-Queen Serenity; they considered Earth to be their homeland, from which they'd been unjustly exiled! I think they'd be rather dismayed to realize they'd arrived in a pivotal moment in their own history. Off the stop of my head, Saphir would be counseling laying low and not messing with the timeline, while Wiseman would eagerly push for capping Sailor Moon early—hey, once we have the Silver Crystal's ULTIMATE POWAH, we can handle Metallia, too, right?—and Diamond would let himself be wrangled into this plan because of his lust for Sailor Moon.

And then there's the Death Busters, who are trying to summon an entirely different eldritch entity from beyond the stars! …by competing for the same human resources as the Dark Kingdom. So you'd have increasingly-open magical warfare between two different Mythos cults, and the Black Moon Clan in the middle.

I hesitate to speculate on the true motives of the Season 4 crowd at this time. Do the Assholes from Planet Circus want to charge in to find Pegasus before the world goes tits up, or would they back off and find another job? Haven't seen enough of the season, yet.

Ali and En would not want to get involved, once they realized this planet was a war zone. They could find much easier prey for the Doom Tree elsewhere.

Fiore was obsessed enough, on the other hand, to just push on in regardless. Hee hee, you could probably have a bit of fun presenting him as a romantic rival, making the third point in a romantic triangle with Tux and Moon. Tux saves Moon, Fiore saves Tux, etc. I don't know how smart the evil flower actually was, if it'd realize its "seedbed" is under threat or not; if it does, you have a third planetophagic space godling to worry about. (The interstellar ecosystem of this universe is really rather disturbing.)

I had the impression that some of the Dark Kingdom's minions had been acquired through alliance—youkai or faerie who thought they saw a rising power and wanted to get on the right side of it, so swore allegiance to Beryl or one of the Generals. Evil ice queen Kaguya might fit in as something like that: offering ice power to the Dark Kingdom in exchange for assistance locating her comet shard, then getting hung out to dry when she gets too insistent on her own way.

Jeeeeeeezus, what a mess. Talk about your multipolar conflicts! The Dark Kingdom and the Death Busters in a war of assassins, the Black Moon Clan dancing nervously around the edges looking for Chibi-Usa, the Inner Sailors trying to upset all of their plans, the Outer Sailors convinced it's the end of the world and probably being right, Fiore as a wildcard. There'd be a lot of shifting allegiances and temporary alliances, and a HELL of a lot of collateral damage.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am ashamed that it took me decades to recognize that Sailor Venus' themes in the fighting games were based on Shocking Blue's "Venus".
Hah! I missed those videos somehow last read-through. I came here to post that I looked up Shocking Blue and found a nice compilation of their songs. It has a rather PJ Harvey vibe to it, rock-and-roll fronted by a female singer.

[video=youtube;bKwlSYzgm7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwlSYzgm7s[/video]

Last edited:

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sorry to read, Shadowjack. :( Glad you're feeling better, at least.
Thank you. :)

And now I want to write a fanfic about that. Too bad I'm already busy with another one.
It'd make one hell of a screwed up RPG campaign. And the GM wouldn't even have to work out the behind-the-scenes detail; just throw in stuff, and let the players decide what it means. ("What?! Did Zoicite just use a Cardien? Then that means he must have captured the Doom Tree!" "Mm-hmm. Innnnteresting theory.")

Capeträger

Validated User
I could see it as a game where each player controls one of the groups. Maybe some mechanics reselmbling Risk. (Now I can drain the most people in that part of Tokyo!)

Hilarion

Validated User
If my memory is good enough, a few years from now I'll ask you to update that to include our current baddies, the Sailor Moon SuperS movie baddies, and Sailor Stars baddies, and we'll see if it gets more complex.

EDIT: I CAN say that the Black Moon gang would be staunchly anti-Beryl because both Beryl and they are after the Silver Crystal. Black Moon might be more willing to work with Death Busters on a "if we get the Silver Crystal, we can eradicate them later before it's too dangerous" angle, but they would never cooperate with Beryl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom