• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Shadowjack Watches Sailor Moon Thread 13: The Magic Horse Ate Our Fancy Title

Hilarion

Validated User
My point was more that it's kind of impressive, given her peers, that Nehellenia is a sentient being capable of communication. (As was Death Phantom, admittedly). Metallia and Pharaoh 90 are both unknowable Eldritch horrors and so is Death Phantom, albeit in his case he's at least capable of fitting into mortal society. Nehellenia is perfectly capable of carrying on a chat with Zirconia.

I also think that Nehellenia is even more proof that Season 4 is a kind of reboot/refresh of the series for a new audience. From appearance and title alone, she has "The New Beryl" written all over her.

Hikaru_Hoshino

Validated User
Was I the only one, that the second I saw Nehellenia, thouht "Fey!" ?
If Beryl and the others were an Unseelie Court, I think we've found the Seelie one...

Whiteeyes

Validated User
If Beryl and the others were an Unseelie Court, I think we've found the Seelie one...
No, no we haven't. Seelie literally means "of the light", or good and helpful. She is very much a nasty sort, heck her eyes make me think of a cait shide, or cat sith for the Yanks. Also if you want an idea how bad they are, look at the other variety of sith in pop culture and you get a good idea of their attitude.

Last edited:

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
It just occurred to me that the space naming rather than gemstones is another connection to the moon kingdom.

Also, regarding the giant circus never being investigated, I'm assuming they had a Somebody Else's Problem field that they just turned off when they want to get an audience. Just like the Amazonesesissipis had one to go out in public with that hair...and just like the sailors themselves have!

In short, these usurpers really ARE moon kingdom. I'm sure it's too much to ask how Venus will take this treachery, let alone Uransus and Neptune, but I can hope.

So...if the true an beautiful queen of the moon (tm) really is the evil version of Chibi and Luna's love child... I think both Artemis and Usagi will want WORDS with her.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
It just occurred to me that the space naming rather than gemstones is another connection to the moon kingdom.
Not really? Metallia, Beryl, the Shitennou all had gemstone/metal names and they were, if not from the Moon Kingdom, at least from the era. While the upper echelons of the Black Moon clans (Esmeraude, Rubeus, Dimande, Safir) also have gemstone names, and are exiles from the Future Moon Kingdom. And now, Zirconia does have a gemstone name, but nobody else from the villian group does; that's just weird.

Khandri

Tyranno Princess
Validated User
Tiger's eye and Hawk's eye are known gemstones (the latter is often another name for blue tiger's eye). Fisheye...not that I've seen. Additionally, at least some of the Witches 5 had gemstone-inspired names (Eudial comes from eudialyte, for example), but they weren't from the Moon Kingdom.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Not really? Metallia, Beryl, the Shitennou all had gemstone/metal names and they were, if not from the Moon Kingdom, at least from the era. While the upper echelons of the Black Moon clans (Esmeraude, Rubeus, Dimande, Safir) also have gemstone names, and are exiles from the Future Moon Kingdom. And now, Zirconia does have a gemstone name, but nobody else from the villian group does; that's just weird.
Ah but see:

The crystal people working for Beryl were all from the Earth Kingdom: the whole backstory is that she takes over and leads Earth to attack the Moon. Black Moon weren't exiles from the Old Moon Kingdom. They were exiles from Crystal Tokyo: they're Earthers from the future. And so they're sticking to the legacy of the old Earth Kingdom, like Mamoro was from, for propaganda purposes. Zirconia is a gemstone and everyone else is from space? That just tells us that she's originally from Earth when everyone else isn't. The TaBQotM is all about restoring the Old Moon Kingdom apparently...which makes the fact that Zirconia is actually in alot of trouble and not favored despite being high priestess (or at least miniboss) rather more worrying.

edit: Yes, I'm aware I've probably now thought this out more than they did. But I like the result so who cares?

Last edited:

Version2

Validated User
I always figured the Silver Millennium for the Seelie court. Long-lived, magical, otherworldly beings with an entire luminescent-yet-still-within-the-darkness aesthetic, not to mention Usagi's constant butterfly-fearie wing motif that keeps appearing.

ThePhantom

Validated User
That's what we went with in the beginning of this watching.

Spoiler: Show
And it looks like Shadowjack forgot a spoiler that he peeked at back then. All the better through. ;)

Top Bottom