• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Her followers called her Mahusagitman and said she was a princess. She preferred to drop the Mah- and the -tman, however, and called herself Usagi. She never claimed to be a princess. But then, she never claimed not to be a princess. Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit. Silence, though, could.

Therefore, there was mystery about her.

What has gone before:
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=468442
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=479656

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sailor Moon R Episode #47: Moon Revived! The Mysterious Aliens Appear.

Instructions: Crack the volume, cue this up ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdg-gWM7GI ) in another window or tab, then come back here and start scrolling.

OPENING TITLES
Same song, animation paced more slowly this time. Doves, a shoreline city on the horizon at sunset, falling stars. NEON FLASH: holographic titles, and a golden ribbon traces out the letter R. Usagi, silhouetted by the lights of a passing train. Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask, who apparently did know poor mad, bad, sad Vincent Van Gogh, and it's a shame he couldn't have painted this. A Trump card for Usagi. Usagi and Sailor Moon, reflections of each other. Falling waters, rose petals falling like cherry blossoms, fraught glances, stars. Usagi dances amid ribbons, and then at once is Sailor Moon, harnessing rainbow lights and the Power of Heart. Monsters and masks in the dark. Ami, Rei, Mako, V become Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Venus – and let us not forget Luna and Artemis. Weird geometric images and an offkilter neon skyline remind us that this is the early 1990s. Begin.

RECAP
"My name is Usagi Tsukino, I'm 14 years old, in the 8th grade, and– and– and am I the only one feeling an incredible sense of deja vu right now?"

TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Usagi: "I'm LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!"
Shingo /calling from way the hell down the street. "Usagi! You forgot your bag!"
Usagi /doppler effect. "aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAWHY didn't you tell me sooner?!"
Shingo: "Not my problem."
Usagi: "Why I oughtta—" /rolls up sleeve.
Usagi /notices her watch, and the time.
Usagi: "—AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa—" /doppler effect.

Luna and Artemis are observing discreetly from a rooftop.
Luna: "Let's see, Usagi's late for school, so it must be… 8:12 a.m." /checks watch. "Yep. Peace—it's wonderful."
Artemis: "How long has it been?"
Luna: "Two wonderful months. It's not a glamorous peace, but it's hers, and she's certainly earned it."
Artemis: "Yes. We all worked hard last year—"
Luna: "Technically this year."
Artemis: "—this year. We certainly deserve some relaxation ourselves."
Luna: "I'll say."
Artemis: "Yep." /stretches.
Luna: "Mm-hmm."
Artemis: "You know, we've known each other a long time, worked very closely—"
Luna: "—If you don't want to limp for the rest of your days, withdraw that paw, sir."

SCHOOL
Usagi is stuck with the bucket again.

Usagi /weeps at the unfairness of it all. She's only late 70% of the time. 80%, tops.
Ami /dries her tears. "Handkerchief? I've got a spare."
Usagi: "…You're that whiz kid from Class 5, aren't you?"
Ami: "Ami Mizuno."
Usagi: "Usagi Tsukino. I'd bow or shake hands, but, well, you see. Thanks."
Ami: "It's no trouble."
Usagi: "You're too kind. Unlike that frigid, flinty-hearted, rampaging she-beast Ms. Haruna—"
Ami /is trying not to smile.
Usagi: "—who is apparently standing right behind me."
Ms. Haruna: "Miss Mizuno, you are certain to come to a bad end if you become involved with Miss Tsukino."
Usagi /accidentally falls over and drenches the teacher with the bucket.
Ms. Haruna: "'ACCIDENTALLY'?"
Usagi: "You know I'm clumsy!"
Ms. Haruna /explodes.
Ami: "…I don't recognize half of those words she's using."
Usagi: "See? Hanging out with me is educational."

BUT THAT NIGHT
The quiet of the Tokyo suburbs is shattered by a meteor impact! Blinding flash, smoke cloud, shattered glass, barking dogs, car alarms, etc.

Usagi /comes from earthquake country. She automatically rolls under the bed to duck and cover.

Within the blast crater is a glowing green blob, with oozes into the air, flies to a secluded spot, and transforms with a flash!

Some minutes later, a crowd has gathered about the football-field-sized crater.

Luna: "Good thing there was no one in that parking lot."
Artemis: "At least no one we know or care about."
Luna: "I have a bad feeling about this."

We spot a certain Latina shrine maiden and a certain blonde-haired schoolgirl in the crowd, as well as…

Ami: "Tsukino?"
Usagi: "Oh! Mizuno. Even a grade-A student like you couldn't resist rubbernecking, huh?"
Ami: "It's not every night a meteor comes down a block away from one's house!"
Usagi /is almost pushed over the edge into the crater. "YOW! WATCH IT!"
Makoto: "Sorry, got pushed." /turns at glares at some guy standing behind her, wearing a Bubblegum Crisis T-shirt.
Davies: "Sorry."
Usagi: "Hey, you're that giantess who just transferred into the school!"
Makoto: "'Giantess?' I oughtta slug you."
Usagi: "…Have we met?"
Makoto: "…No?"
Usagi: (to self) "This is weird. Standing next to these two girls, in the middle of the night, in front of a smoking crater, feels almost… familiar. And exciting, somehow."
Usagi: (to self) "Gee, I wonder if there's anyone I do know around here?"
Mamoru: "Buona sera! Narrating to yourself again?"
Usagi: "Frell. Laughing boy."
Mamoru: "Twintails, is this crater your fault?"
Usagi: "No, it's your mom's."
Mamoru: "Oh, ouch."

MEANWHILE, ON THE 13th FLOOR OF THE ACME BUILDING
…two space elves are trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. They've just finished unpacking and settling in after the green-space-blob-meteor trip.

Ali (blue space elf-boy): "Earth at last!"
En (pink space elf-girl): "What are you thinking about?"
Ali: "You. What are you thinking about?"
En: "You. What are you thinking about now?"
Ali /makes eye contact, and plays with his flute.

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL
Public Announcement: "Everyone, please welcome our newest foreign exchange students, Seijuro and Natsumi Ginga. They're siblings, we swear."

Seijuro and Natsumi are a pair of suspiciously elfin redheads. (Shadowjack sneaks off to look up the meaning of the names…)

Usagi: "OMG he's gorgeous. (Girl's not bad, either…)"
Naru: "I admit I've always had a thing for pointed ears."
Umino /feels jealous, for no reason he can quite pin down. "I can understand naming a girl 'Summer', but 'Starchild Galaxy'? You're kidding me."
Naru: "So their parents were hippies. So what?"
Umino /steps forward. "As president of the school's chapter of Busybodies Anonymous, I would like to interview you. Where are you from, Summer?"
'Summer': "Canada."
Usagi: "Cool! Can you say something in Canadian for me?"
'Summer': "Je suis… uh… Anadian-cay."
Usagi: "…Right."

Suddenly! Ethereal flute music.
'Summer': "That son of a bitch."
Usagi /?

Everyone goes into the hall, where 'Starchild' Ginga is playing music. Half the girls in the school (and a number of the boys) are drawn to him with stars in their eyes. Naru and Usagi (and Umino, grumbling) join the rapt audience. But what's this? He's stopped playing! He's advancing upon the little trio!

Naru: "Oh, shit."
Umino: "Okay, Naru, head for the door and we'll cover your escape!"
Usagi: "Right! …Wait, what?"
'Starchild': "You! You're the woman of my dreams!" /prostrates himself before Usagi.
Usagi /?!
'Starchild': "Please! Let me play for you! This is the Galaxy Fantasy Impromptu No. 5, 'Beautiful Andromeda's Miracle.' All for you."
'Summer' /storms in, ten foot tall and glowing green. "NOT AGAIN! What DO you think you're DOING, DEAR?!"
'Starchild': "Er… beating a hasty retreat."
Exit 'Starchild', pursued by 'Summer.'
Usagi: "…Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd say she was a jealous lover."

AFTER SCHOOL LOVER'S QUARREL
Ali and En, still in their 'exchange student' disguises.

Ali: "You know, you probably should tone that down a bit in public."
En: "YOU TOO! Baka!"
Ali: "I know, I'm sorry. But, we are pretending to be 'brother and sister' here—"
En: "You always do this. Every new planet it's the same thing. The first time you see another pretty face…"
Mamoru /happens by, reading a book.
Ali: "En, please, believe in my love. I could never love another as much as I—"
Ali: "Er, En? Where'd you go?" /turns around and looks for En.
En /is stalking Mamoru, all blushes and puppy-dog eyes.
Ali /facepalm.
Mamoru /oblivious.
Mamoru /stumbles and drops his books.
En /filled with happy fantasies, moves forward to help him gather them up, their hands will brush together, they will look into each other's eyes, and…
En /HEART ATTACK!
Mamoru /still oblivious, walks on.
Ali: "En!"

GIRL TALK
Telephone call, Naru to Usagi.

Naru: "It's like he fell in love with you at first sight!"
Usagi: "I know, I know. It's terrible to be born so pretty!"
Luna /ROLLEYES.
Usagi: "Sometimes, cat, I swear you understand every word I say…"
Luna /CAT IGNORE.
Usagi: "No, no, not you, Naru, I was talking to my cat. Go on. Yes? No! Really? No way!"

BUMPERS
"After these messages we'll be right back…" Chibi team shot. Cute! But I like the spotlight better.

"And now… back to the show." Five headshots, flash, zap! The team revealed.

13th FLOOR
Your basic classy hotel suite. Nice furniture, generic knick-knacks on the walls and mantle, suitcases neatly stacked in the corner, cyclopean venus fly trap in the bathtub absorbing every particle of light from the air.

Ali: "In my heart are the joys and uncertainties of wandering from planet to planet."

En is unconscious on a tendril, while Ali plays for the plant, enticing it to secrete a single drop of something which revives En immediately. She stretches her lithe little body and flies over to snuggle up to Ali. They watch sadly as their giant plant-god weakens.

Ali: "…We're running very low on energy, I'm afraid."
En: "Oh, pish-tush. This planet's overflowing with life energy. Look!" /waves her hand, slideshow from Earth Tourist Board advertisements appear. Fields, forests, streams, oceans, cities, and dance clubs filled with busty women in skirts. "This species has especially fresh energy." /licks lips.
Ali: "After wandering the universe, we've finally found our sanctuary, our paradise! …En, you do the honors. You can predict the future better than anyone."
En /picks a card, any card. Her selection: Some sort of plant-man, rendered in Rider-Waite style.

Ali: "Ah, the Flower. The beauty of the flowers is—"
En: "A waste of time. Humans! Humans!" /crawls all over him. "Young women in love!"
Ali: "Awww. We're not stealing any energy from men?"
En /DEATH GLARE.
Ali /laughs. "Okay, okay! We'll do it your way."
En /caress. "That's my Ali."
Ali: "COME FORTH, CARDIAN!"

TONIGHT'S MONSTER!
Looks like a woman bodybuilder dressed as a cheap thistle. She has fangs. The only thing she can say is "Vampire."

A SCREAM PIERCES THE NIGHT!
Luna and Artemis, on their nightly patrol, round a corner just in time to see a young woman, lying ravished on the ground, the shadow of her attacker flitting into the distance.

Luna: "I knew it! I knew there was going to be trouble!"
Artemis: "Should we revive the Senshi?"
Luna: "But they just got used to normal lives again! I… no. No. Not yet."
Artemis: "Then it's up to us."

Another scream!

Luna: "Jesu, this one's not wasting any time!"

A LITTLE FARTHER DOWN THE STREET
Naru opens her window just in time to see Thistle-Woman strangling a young lady on the sidewalk directly below.

Thistle-Woman /sees Naru.
Naru: "Oh crap."
Thistle-Woman /leaps up to the window.
Naru /squeaks. "…help?" /drops the phone.
Usagi: (over the phone) "Hello? Hello!"
Thistle-Woman /wraps her stamens around Naru and starts to squeeze the energy out of her.

Luna and Artemis burst into Naru's room!
Artemis: "Huh. This one seems different from the others."
Luna: "Why do they always steal energy from her? Unbelievable. She must attract demons like moths to—"
Artemis /hits Luna with a lampshade. "Focus!"

KUNG FU CAT BATTLE!
Artemis's baritsu and Luna's judo against a giant thistle woman. The cats are losing.

Artemis: "He's too tough!"
Luna: "Damn it! Maybe we should have awakened Usagi, but she's too far away to—"

Usagi and Naru's Mom burst in, dramatically!
Usagi: "I heard you screaming over the phone, Naru, and came right aw—!"
Usagi and Naru's Mom /?!
Usagi and Naru's Mom: "M-M-MONSTER!"
Naru's Mom: "…I'll just wait downstairs until you're done, dear."
Usagi: "Is this a dream? This must be a dream."
Luna: "USAGI! RUN FOR IT!"
Usagi: "TALKING CAT! TALKING CAT!"
Luna: "…sigh."
Usagi: "Okay, so this is a dream. Well, if this is my dream, then I should be the strongest person in the world!"
Usagi /assumes the pose. "All right, monster! Unhand— or whatever— that girl! Or I shall punish you!"
Luna /jaw-drop.
Luna: "And last time she'd said she didn't like doing this. Wow."

BATTLE IS JOINED!
<< Usagi : Attack > ThistleW >>
< ThistleW takes 1 damage! >
<< ThistleW uses Stamen-Strangle! >>
< Usagi is grappled! >
< Energy drain commencing… >
Usagi: "Oh, great, this is one of those dreams."
Artemis /kicks the monster in the fucking face.
< Usagi is freed! >
Artemis: "All right, you botanical monstrosity! Try and catch me!" /jumps out the window.
Thistle-Woman /follows Artemis.
Usagi /drained, slumps against the doorframe. "…this isn't a dream, is it?"
Luna: "…"
Luna: "…"
Luna: "Fuck it. Please forgive me, girl. Look into my eyes…"

RAPID MEMORY MONTAGE
All the memories and feelings and knowledge of the lost year flooded back into Usagi's head. Her fights, her friends, the deaths of her friends, and the source of her desire to live a normal life. She awakened with tears in her eyes.

"Hail, Princess Serenity!" It was Luna who spoke these words.

The eyes blinked. They did not focus. Nowhere in the chamber was there any movement.

"Hail, Mahusagitman, Sailor Moon!" said Luna.

The eyes stared ahead, unseeing.

"Hello, Usagi," said Luna.

The forehead creased slightly, the eyes squinted, fell upon Luna, moved on to the rest of the room. "Where…?" she asked, in a whisper.

"Naru's room," answered Luna.

Usagi closed her eyes. "And you dared to bring me back?"

"Yes."

Usagi bowed her head. "Rightly are cats called cruel, Luna. You have snatched away from me the ultimate experience. You have broken upon the dark stone of your will that which is beyond all comprehension and immortal splendor. Why could you not have left me as I was, in the sea of common being?"

"Because a world has need of your humility, your piety, your boundless optimism and your goddamn princess wand."

"Well, why didn't you say so!" She smiled.

"Am I forgiven?"

"Yes, gentle cat. I take it this is a 'time-critical' sort of situation?"

"Yes, so, if you would please—"

"Right!"

"Excellent!"

"Okay."

"Right."

"Yeah."

"…Please tell me you didn't forget the words."

"I KNOW THE WORDS!"

"Then say—"

"Don't rush me! I'll say them when I'm ready!"

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
Usagi into Sailor Moon: 39
Usagi into Princess Serenity: 1
Usagi into Disguise Form: 8
Ami into Sailor Mercury: 11
Rei into Sailor Mars: 10
Makoto into Sailor Jupiter:4
Minako into Sailor Venus: 4
Mamoru into Tuxedo Mask: 2

MEANWHILE, OUT ON THE CONVENIENTLY DESERTED STREET
Artemis is getting thrashed, smashed, and tentacle-drained.

Suddenly! Sailor Moon bursts in, dramatically!

Usagi: "I was enjoying myself! I was at peace! I was happy! But no, you just had to come and drag me back into the fight, didn't you? Well, lady, you've just woken up a Sailor Warrior of Love and Justice, and I'm going to introduce you to a planetary body's worth of pain! I AM THE TERROR THAT TRIPS IN THE NIGHT! I am the donkey that nibbles the heads off of all the flowers in the garden of Crime, leaving only bare shivering stems! I AM SAILOR MOON! And it's that time again."

BATTLE IS JOINED!
<< Usagi : Cast >

Usagi: "Hey! Where'd all my spells from the last game go?! …All my items are gone, too!"
< Usagi dodges! >
< Usagi dodges! >
< Usagi dodges! >
< Usagi dodges! >
Usagi: "Boo-yeah! I've still got it, baby!"
Usagi /trips.
Usagi: "Frell!"
< Usagi is grappled! >
< Energy drain commencing… >
Usagi: "…energy… dropping… must… reach… tiara…"
<< Luna : Attack > ThistleW >>
< ThistleW is hurt! >
Luna: "NYAR!" /CAT BITE.
< Usagi is freed! >
Luna: "Now, Sailor Moon! U—"
Usagi /skips the tutorial text.
Usagi /skip.
Usagi /skip.
Usagi /skip.
Usagi: "Now."
<< Usagi : Cast > Moon1 : ThistleW >>
< ThistleW is hit! >
< ThistleW is eliminated! >
<< Usagi has levelled up! >>
<< Usagi has mastered Moon1! >>
Thistle-Woman: "CLEANSING!" /dissolves into light, leaving a smoking playing card behind.
Usagi /man what
Luna: "Don't ask me, I don't know. Artemis, you okay?"
Artemis: "…no, Mommy, I want to ride the tea-cups a little longer…"
Luna: "He's okay."

BUT WHO'S THIS?
A shimmering vision in the air appears to taunt Sailor Moon.

Ali: "Sailor Moon!"
Usagi: "Hello, yes?"
En: "I didn't know there was someone like you on this planet."
Usagi: "Likewise. Who the fuck are you?"
Ali: "Members of the wandering nobility of the universe. I'm Ali."
En: "And I'm En."
Usagi and Luna: (in unison) "'Alien'?" /groan.
Usagi: "You woke me up for this?"
Luna: "I'm sorry, I didn't know."
Ali: "Hohoho. This is was just the beginning."
Luna: "You mean you have worse puns in store? Oh. Oh no."
En: "MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Ali and En depart.

DENOUEMENT
Usagi gazes upon the moon and weeps.

Luna looks upon her and mourns this second loss of innocence. "Good-bye, again, to a peaceful childhood. I'm so sorry, girl. Really I am."

END CREDITS
Rainbow stars swirl, and peppy synth j-pop plays a song about never giving up. In a video insert, Usagi walks through her life, pauses to look at the camera for a swirl of rose petals, then strides forward a little faster, then runs, then stops to look over the sea. Insert grows to fill screen, then still screen. End.

Instructions: Cue this up ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g2cT5ngbwc ) and scroll.

Similarian

73rd mask of Nylarthotep
Validated User
Her followers called her Mahusagitman and said she was a princess. She preferred to drop the Mah- and the -tman, however, and called herself Usagi. She never claimed to be a princess. But then, she never claimed not to be a princess. Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit. Silence, though, could.

This may be the first time in history someone has decided to namecheck Lord of Light and Sailor Moon in an actually related manner.

Cruton

Retired User

Fukkin! Subscribed!

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, anybody who missed the first two threads?

Go back and goddamn read them.

Right. Now.

Davies

Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #47: Moon Revived! The Mysterious Aliens Appear.

Usagi /is almost pushed over the edge into the crater. "YOW! WATCH IT!"
Makoto: "Sorry, got pushed." /turns at glares at some guy standing behind her, wearing a Bubblegum Crisis T-shirt.
Davies: "Sorry."
Not the last time that she's going to be doing that.

Aaron Peori

Retired User
An excellent start. I am ashamed to admit that I never quite grocked the name thign before. Though this may be because the dub changed the names.

----------------
Epsilon

Cruton

Retired User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #47: Moon Revived! The Mysterious Aliens Appear.

Ali: "Members of the wandering nobility of the universe. I'm Ali."
En: "And I'm En."
Usagi and Luna: (in unison) "'Alien'?" /groan.
This show is twenty years old and I never noticed that.

Groan.

Fun fact: The Ali and En arc is, in fact, original to the TV show. Basically, the second major arc of the manga wasn't considered long enough to fill up an entire season and the producers felt some front padding was needed. I don't think it's so bad, but it's not the most inspired writing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom