• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fireballed Mage

Validated User
Ami got to have an actual boyfriend, even if he's forgotten she exists and she doesn't seem to remember him or else just no one ever brings it up.
In my personal Sailor Moon continuity, the only reason Ryo temporary moved to Juuban was because his demonic psychic powers influenced his family to move there, so that he could be close to the Dark Kingdom's agents. He wasn't even aware he was doing it, it was just darkness calling to the darkness inside of him.

However, when Usagi hit the universal reset, his darkness had nothing to activate it, so he didn't mess with his parents' minds, so he never moved to Juuban. And thus: never actually had a chance to speak with Ami, although he still crushed on her from a distance.

Once awakened Ami remembers him, but being Ami, thinks, "I... I mean... he doesn't know me anymore. I do want to talk to him... but I don't want to mess up his life. I mean... what would he think, getting a call from out of the blue from some strange girl he's never met. I'm sure he's busy and all. And I've got this exam to study for, and got to train with the team this weekend. And really... maybe he's better off without me. I mean, I wouldn't mind talking to him... but I'd hate to impose. I'm sure he's got a good, uncomplicated life right now."

So after she talks herself out of it, she promises, "I'll call him when things have settled down." And then, this being Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon, and Ami being Ami, things never settle down.

Then, years later, in college, they bump into each other. She's horribly embarrassed she never called, and he's happily stunned that his one time crush is actually talking to him... despite the fact she can't seem to look him in the face, even while her weird friends are shouting encouragement at her from the sidelines.

Then one night they're both at a party, and Ami, in a moment that takes all the courage years of being a Sailor Senshi have instilled in her, gets rip roaring drunk and --despite all his gentlemanly protests and comical attempts to flee-- hauls Ryo's ass off to a love hotel.

Whatever they did, it brings his memory back and from that point on they're not letting each other go.

And while happy for them, Makoto's just a bit miffed.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sailor Moon R Episode #49: For Whom is the White Rose? The Moonlight Knight Appears.

NIGHT AT A TRAIN STATION
Usagi: "Please, Ami! Have pity for this lost little bunny!"
Ami: "No."
Usagi: "It's not cheating to ask you to predict what'll be on the test!"
Ami: "I said no."
Usagi: "It's the Math Test from Hell! Eight pages of show-your-work torment! I am begging on bended knee, O MIZUNO-SAMA."
Ami: "It does no good to cram for one test if you don't have comprehension, because you'll just fail the next one. You have to start from basic principles, and you have to do it yourself."
Makoto: "Come on, Usagi, you know she's a straight-arrow about these things."
Usagi: "Then why did you come along with me, Mako?"
Makoto: "Because if she did play against type for once, why should you be the only one to benefit?"
Ami /facepalm.

SUDDENLY!
A man screams!

Makoto: "…I know that scream!"

A freakish pink lion is threatening some guy, and directing the energy of his terror into a ghostly spinning wheel suspended in mid-air.

Makoto /bursts in, dramatically! "Shinozaki!"
Shinozaki: "Makoto!"
Makoto: "A pink lion?!"
Pink Lion: "GRAAWR!"
Shinozaki: "Get down!"
Shinozaki /daring last-minute save!
Shinozaki /…oops.
Makoto: "'Oops'?! Whaddaya mean 'oops'?!"
Shinozaki /stumbled over a ledge and fell five feet head-first onto concrete.
Makoto: "Shinozaki?!"
Ami and Usagi /show up.
Pink Lion /retreats behind a corner in space.
Ami and Usagi /share a significant glance. Then they see where Makoto is…
Usagi: "…is that blood? That's blood!"
Ami: "Phone! Where's a phone?"
Makoto: "SHINOZAKI?!"

FRANTIC MEDICAL MONTAGE
Ambulance! Paramedics! Surgery!

They're low on Type O blood! Makoto volunteers instantly.

MEANWHILE, ON THE 13th FLOOR
The lion brings back its catch while Ali plays; with a powerful light show, Audrey is recharged, essence is exuded, and Ali and En bask in the afterglow. The lion returns to its card.

Ali /quotes something deeply profound about the spinning wheel of fate.
En: "Whatever. We managed to survive another day! With an easy victory. Savor the moment!"
Ali: "We shouldn't get too confident. Remember, there are those beautiful sailor warriors who—"
En: "'Beautiful'?"
Ali /eep! "—terrible sailor warriors who have presented themselves as our enemies."
En: "Oh, pish-tush. Everyone on this planet is our enemy!" :D
Ali: "You say that like it's a good thing!"
En: "Isn't it?"
Ali: "Hmm. It is rather exciting."
En: "You and I, alone in a strange land…"
Ali: " …ourselves the only ones we can trust…"
En: " …counting upon each other for everything…"
Ali: "…wearing kinky disguises at all times, for our protection…"
En: "…and if they penetrated our disguises and found out who we were?"
Ali: "Horrible things might happen to us."
En: "Mmm. What sorts of horrible things?"
Ali: "I suppose I could… demonstrate some possibilities."
En: "We do have to be prepared for any eventuality…"
Ali: "Yes."
En: "Mmm."
Ali: "Mmmm."

MEANWHILE, OVER WITH THE SERIOUS PEOPLE
Shinozaki is stable; Makoto is still giving blood. Ami and Usagi have been permitted to visit.

Ami: "…are you okay?"
Usagi: "If you get anemic, I can switch with you."
Ami: "You're Type O too?"
Usagi: "What Japanese schoolgirl doesn't know her blood type?"
Makoto: "I'll be fine. You two go home and study for that test…"
Ami: "Don't worry about me. I study every day, I can miss a little and still be safe."
Usagi: "Don't worry about me. I'm doomed whether I study or not."
Ami /glare.
Usagi: "What?"

Makoto /gazes at Shinozaki.
Ami: "…"
Ami /does not want to ask.
Ami /asks anyway. "Who… is he?"
Makoto /faint smile. "Someone important to me. Ever since we were kids together, whenever I've needed someone, he's always been there."
Ami /DOOM.
Usagi: "(Steady, girl…)"
Makoto: "It was back when I'd been dumped by my boyfriend. Have I ever mentioned that I'd—?"
Ami /contemplates gnawing her leg off to escape this conversation.
Usagi /Still-Waters Diplomacy Meditation. "You might have brought it up once or twice before. Was this your first bad break-up?"
Makoto: "No. But it seems like it was only yesterday—"

MAKOTO'S FLASHBACK
Cue torch song.

A beautiful rainy day. He took her out to the park, and broke the news beneath the gazebo. Careful camera arrangement to avoid showing his face, but we do see that he's almost her height. She grabs his hands and pleads, he breaks free and hurries away… she stands alone in the rain, stunned.

And then, what's this? Shinozaki, holding out his umbrella and smiling.

She isn't cheered. And he sees it… and what is there to say? Shinozaki's feelings for her are written all over his face, poor bastard. Trapped in the Friend Zone.

END FLASHBACK
Makoto: "—and he's been my truest friend since childhood."
Ami /DOOM. DOOM. DOOM.
Usagi: "Awwwwww. So you're True Loves?"
Ami: "Usagi!"
Makoto: "No…"
Makoto: "But perhaps he's far more precious to me than a lover."
Usagi: "I don't get it."
Ami /sigh. "Let's let her rest for now. We'll see you tomorrow."

TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Usagi is studying!

By which we mean, wasting time drawing pencil sketches of Serenity and Endymion holding hands and stuff, when there are far more important things she could be doing.

Luna: "I, er, hate to interrupt your 'studies', but there's a strategy session at the shrine, right after school. I'm assuming you're planning to attend, yes?"
Usagi: "Yes, of course. Should I use more burnt umber here?"
Luna: "You are so going to fail that exam."
Usagi: "I hope that Shinozaki guy gets better. Someone around here should get some dating success, and it might as well be Mako."

AFTER SCHOOL, AT THE SHRINE
Luna: "So, to sum up: We know they're after human emotional energy—"
Artemis: "—but since the Dark Kingdom has been retroactively removed from existence, it has to be someone else, new to us."
Rei: "It does have a different aura. Still evil, though."
Ami: "I'd offer 10 to 1 that it arrived with that meteor from two episodes, I mean, weeks ago."
Makoto /slams fist into a support beam, making the entire building shudder. "Whoever it is I WILL BRING THEM DOWN WITH MY BARE HANDS!"
Rei /:eek: "¡Okay! ¡Okay! ¡Just so long as you don't bring down my house with your bare hands!"
Ami: "How is… he doing?"
Makoto /shrugs. "Still in bed, can't get up. I'm gonna pound somebody's head in for this."
Luna: "Where the hell is Usagi?"
Minako: "…Well… there's that big test coming up… so maybe she's study—"
Luna: "…"
Minako: "So I try to look on the bright side."

AND USAGI IS…
Usagi: "—LAAAAAAAAAAATE! Hello, that's 'Natsumi' and Mamoru. She's looking well-rested and free of test anxiety. I think I hate her now. Hasn't she given up on him yet?"
Mamoru: "You want me to go to a sock hop?"
En, in human disguise: "Disco? Speakeasy? I don't know what it's called on your– in your country. Oh, forget it, how about karaoke? I'm very good at it! My voice can kill birds at twenty paces!"
Usagi: "Okay, hold it!"
Mamoru: "Saved by the screwball kid! Er… now why do you look angry?"
Usagi: "I'm not angry, I'm determined. I'm going to bring my awesome mental powers to bear upon the problem of your memory."
Mamoru: "What problem with my memory?"
Usagi: "'Zackly."

Usagi pulls out her sketches and gives a slideshow recapping the entire Princess Serenity / Princess Endymion relationship. It is at once utterly charming and incredibly embarrassing. Mamoru sneaks out half way through.

En: "You're too old to tell fairy tales! And I'm waaaaay too old to listen."
Usagi: "Oh, and how old is that? "
En /skips off to stalk Mamoru some more. Tralalalalalala…
Usagi: "Frell. She is a pretty girl. What if he falls for her? Oh, what am I saying? He dumped Rei, and she's ten times the girl that 'Natsumi' is. But that was on the other timeline, so maybe… Arrrgh, I'm so confused."

Suddenly! A rose. Cue flamenco music.

Usagi: "…but it's not a throwing rose."
SFX: Record scratch, music halts.
Ali, in human disguise: "What?"
Usagi: "'Seijuro'? What are you up to?"
Ali /offers Usagi a bouquet. "Good news!"
Usagi: "Good news?"
Ali: "I'm in love with you!"
Usagi: "Er…"
Ali /sheer force of personality. "Please accept my love. Our love shall be eternal like the universe! Let us sail beyond the stars!"
Usagi /almost swayed off her feet. "Whoa."
Ali: :)
Usagi: "…I… uh… I gotta go."
Ali: "The more she rejects me, the more I want her!"
Usagi: "My life is so strange."

CUT TO: FIRE!
Rei meditates before the mystic flames, and calls forth a vision of… the pink lion.

Rei: "Our foe, that is. Already seeks it for its next victim."
Minako: (whispering) "What's with the—?"
Ami: (whispering) "She gets like this in full priestess mode. Don't worry about it."

USAGI FINALLY SHOWS UP AT THE SHRINE
…just in time to see everyone else running OUT of the shrine, powered-up as Senshi.
Usagi /pant gasp wheeze. "Uh… hey! Hold on a moment!"
Ami: "Quick, transform!"
Usagi: "I know that I'm late, but could I at least get a summary of what's—?"
Rei: "¡FOR GOODNESS SAKE, USAGI! ¡HURRY UP OR WE'LL LEAVE YOU BEHIND!"
Usagi /razzle-frazzle no one ever tells me anything grumble gripe.
Rei: "And stop that treasonous muttering!"

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
Usagi into Sailor Moon: 41
Usagi into Princess Serenity: 1
Usagi into Disguise Form: 8
Ami into Sailor Mercury: 12
Rei into Sailor Mars: 11
Makoto into Sailor Jupiter: 5
Minako into Sailor Venus: 5
Mamoru into Tuxedo Mask: 2

AND WE'RE OFF!
Rei: "And of course we had to sit through the full transformation sequence of a certain slowpoke."
Usagi: "Not my fault! Mine doesn't come with a speed control! You know that!"
Rei /runs a little faster. "The enemy is this way!"
Usagi /trying to keep up. "Arrgh!"
Ami: "This part of town is close terrain, poor lighting… perfect for isolated attacks. We need to be on guard."
Rei: "…We always are."
Ami: "Extra on guard."

Makoto /stops running, and leans heavily against a post, dizzy and gasping for breath.
Usagi /stops immediately, concerned.
Makoto /waves. "No, go… *gasp* …don't worry about… *gasp* …I'm all…"
Usagi: "I was afraid this would happen. You're suffering anemia from all the blood you gave!"
Makoto: "I can… *gasp* …take it."
Usagi /puts foot down. "No! Go home and rest, damn it! I know I'm a slowpoke and a pushover and a clumsy ass, but I'll put in double effort to cover for you. Please, please, please sit this one out, just until you've got your strength back."
Makoto: "I'll be fine."
Usagi /tearing up. "Jupiter, I don't want you to DIE again!" :(
Makoto: "…Neither do I." :eek:
Usagi: "Bus stop's over there."
Makoto: "Moon, I can't let anyone else end up like Shinozaki. I have to make sure of that monster. I have to."
Usagi: "nnnnrrrRRRRRRRgggghhhh."
Usagi: "Now I know how Luna feels."
Usagi: "All right, all right! I can't stop you! But… don't push it. Okay?"
Makoto: "I promise I'll take it easy. …And thanks."

THE SCENE OF THE CRIME: A SMALL, WELL-LIT PARK WITH OPEN SIGHT LINES
The pink lion is preparing to drain a couple that was necking in the bushes.

Minako: "HALT, SINNER!"
Rei: "Ho!"
Makoto: "Ha!"
Ami /giggles malevolently.
Usagi /…has a stitch in her side.
Makoto /leaps forward, strikes pose. "How dare you interrupt our studies! In the name of a higher grade-point-average, I will PUNISH you! Multiple times! With fists and feet and stomping!"
Ami: "This is 'taking it easy'?"
<< Makoto : Cast > Thu-
<< PinkLion casts DarkBolt! >>
< Makoto is down! >
Rei: "¡Diablo! ¡I'll show you!"
<< Rei : Cast > Exorcism : PinkLion >>
< PinkLion parries! >
< Prayer strip shredded! Exorcism power suffers Break! >
Rei: "…uh… I didn't know that was possible…"
<< Usagi : Item > FenixDown : Makoto >>
<< Minako : Cast > Crescent : PinkLion >>
< PinkLion absorbs energy! >
Ami: "Uh-oh."
<< Dark Storm Reflection Blast! >>
< Rei is down! >
< Ami is down! >
< Minako is down! >

Usagi: "All this, and I still don't know what's going on! Why couldn't you have been a talkative, monologuing type of monster? I guess I'm just going to have to take out my frustrations on—"
Pink Lion: "GRRRR!"
Usagi: "—someone else very far away from here?"
<< PinkLion casts DarkBolt! >>
< Usagi dodges! >
Usagi: "No way I can take this guy alone."

SUDDENLY!
Enter a white-clad desert sheik, dramatically, armed with +3 blessed throwing roses!

Usagi: "Only one man can throw flowers like that!"
??????: "Tonight's is a lover's moon—a terrible night for a curse or a monster."
Usagi: "Endymion? Is that you?"
??????: "I am… the Moonlight Knight."
Usagi: "…Huh."
Pink Lion: "GRRRR! ARRRGH!" /attacks Moonlight Knight.
Moonlight Knight /dodges. "I shall stop the cycle of your miserable life!"
Moonlight Knight /throws a sword—an actual sword, with sharp steel edges and everything—into the astral spinning wheel.

With a flash the wheel is destroying, and the pink lion stunned.

Moonlight Knight: "Sailor Moon, I hope in time we shall have the opportunity for meaningful conversation. Adieu."
Usagi: "Uh… yes! Sure! Great!"

Exit Moonlight Knight dramatically, with swirl of cape.

NOW THAT THAT'S OVER
Usagi /blink blink.
Usagi: "Does that man have no personality of his own?"
Makoto /starting to recover.
Usagi: "I've seen a couple of those old 'desert sheik' movies. That Valentino guy was kind of kinky. That's a side of Mamoru I never quite expected him to have."
Pink Lion /starting to recover.
Usagi: "Though, I dunno, come to think of it, I do seem to get bound up a lot. Maybe I've got some sort of subconscious—?"
Makoto: "SAILOR MOON! Behind you!"
<< Pink Lion attacks Usagi! >>
< Usagi is grappled! Usagi can't move! >>
Pink Lion: "GRAWR!"
Usagi: "No! No! I was right all the other times! I definitely do not like this! Not one bit! HELP MEEEEEEE!"
Makoto: "Now I'm mad."
Usagi: "Uh-oh…"
Makoto: "My guardian, Jupiter… brew a storm!"
Usagi: "You should get off of me, like, right now!"
Pink Lion: "Mwr?"
Makoto: "Call the clouds."
Usagi: "Now! Now! Get off! Get off!"
Makoto: "Bring down the lightning."
Usagi: "Off!"
Makoto: "Thunder!"
Makoto: "Thunder!"
Makoto: "THUNDER CAST!"
<< Makoto : Cast > Luminaire : PinkLion >>
< PinkLion is eliminated! >
PinkLion: "CLEANSING!"
<< Makoto has levelled up! >>
<< Makoto has mastered Luminaire! >>

AFTERMATH
Makoto /sinks to her knees, on the cool grass.
Usagi /limps over to her, smoldering slightly.
Makoto /sniffs air. "…Is that you burning?"
Usagi: "I think you broke my samoflange."
Makoto: "What the heck is a samoflange?"
Usagi: "I dunno, but you definitely broke it. You didn't give yourself a heart attack, did you?"
Makoto: "I don't think— Wooooo. I think I'll sit right here for a while…"
Usagi: "Feel up to a hug?"
Makoto /holds out arm.
Usagi /hugs.
Makoto /hugs.
Makoto: "I gotta work on tightening that area of effect."
Usagi: "Or maybe we should all just learn to stand back. Waaaaaay back."
Makoto: "Like, Kyûshû."
Ami, Rei, and Minako /start to recover.
Makoto: "I still don't get that 'cleansing' thing they say when they die."
Usagi: "Maybe they're really dirty cards."
Makoto: "Ick."
Ami: "…The fight's over already?"
Rei: "I don't believe it. Sailor Moon is the only one still on her feet."
Minako: "Took out the bad guy all by herself. And you said she was useless."
Rei: "Did not. (Today.)"
Makoto and Usagi /look at each other and start laughing.

DENOUEMENT: THE HOSPITAL
Shinozaki is on his feet, and his mom came to pick him up. Ami, Usagi, and Makoto watch from a short distance… hiding behind a pillar, at Makoto's request.

Ami: "You are glad he's okay?"
Makoto: "…yeah…"
Usagi: "Then why are we hiding? Aren't you going to go over and say 'Hi', and 'Glad you're all right', and things?"
Makoto: "It's okay. He's always watching over me from a distance. I'll just stay here, and watch, and not say anything, and…"

CUT TO: TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Usagi: "Jeez! If he's that important to her, why doesn't she just go say so?!"
Luna: "Why ask me? I'm a cat."
Usagi: "And if he's not, why mope about it and hide from him?! I don't understand! I never have trouble saying what I think!"
Luna: "I've noticed."
Usagi: "Do you think a boy and a girl can be just friends, without love getting into it?"
Luna: "Define 'love.'"
Usagi: "And what's up with this 'Moonlight Knight' schtick of Endymion's? I liked the Tux. Is this 'cause the timeline's different now?"
Luna: "Define 'time.'"
Usagi: "I just don't get it."
Luna: "Actually, I was just kidding you. I can maybe help out with the last question, about time travel and all."
Usagi: "Oh? I'm all ears."
Luna /drops math and physics textbooks in front of Usagi. "And you said math didn't seem to have anything to do with real life problems! Permit me to introduce your friend, the Lorentz transformation. Which involves Cartesian coordinates and matrices, both of which are likely to be on your upcoming math exam! Let's go over the basics, shall we?"
Usagi: "GAAAAAAAAH. What does math have to do with love?"
Luna: "Math has to do with everything! Come on! Cats can fold space in their sleep, and we only have 30 gram brains. Your human brain should encompass this easily. Pencils ready!"
Usagi: "Mercy!"

Aaron Peori

Retired User
And Makoto once again proves she is one of the strongest Inners by getting an unassisted kill.

In the English Dub of this episode they had Makoto(Lita's) voice acrtess do a quite decent song called Rainy Day Man. If someone can youtube up the original footage, their a better man then me, all the stuff I found was chock full of spoiler images for later stuff or terrible fanart.

-----------------
Epsilon

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #49: For Whom is the White Rose? The Moonlight Knight Appea

"Shinozaki!"
Oh, I had completely forgotten about this guy. I think it's an indication of how much he'll matter in the future. One of those many lifelong friends of our heroines that show up for one episode and then just disappear entirely. (Remember Naru's tenniswoman friend ?)

A beautiful rainy day. He took her out to the park, and broke the news beneath the gazebo. Careful camera arrangement to avoid showing his face, but we do see that he's almost her height. She grabs his hands and pleads, he breaks free and hurries away… she stands alone in the rain, stunned.
I think this is the most detailed flashback we ever see of Makoto's ex-boyfriend, actually.

Ah, the glory days when the writers still tried to give the Sailor Soldiers (beside Usagi) coherent subplots. They'll be over soon.

Usagi pulls out her sketches and gives a slideshow recapping the entire Princess Serenity / Princess Endymion relationship. It is at once utterly charming and incredibly embarrassing. Mamoru sneaks out half way through.
I love this sequence. They're playing it for laughs, but they're not shying away from the fact that Usagi is basically stalking poor Mamoru. ("Natsumi" joining in is just the cherry on the cake.)

SUDDENLY!
Enter a white-clad desert sheik, dramatically, armed with +3 blessed throwing roses!
Ah, the Moonlight Knight. How I've completely failed to miss you.

The first rule of Sailor Moon R is : you don't talk about the Moonlight Knight. The second rule is : you do not talk about the Moonlight Knight.

They're obviously trying to recapture the original Sailor Moon/Tuxedo Mask dynamic from Season 1. But the concept is just so silly...

<< Makoto : Cast > Luminaire : PinkLion >>
< PinkLion is eliminated! >
PinkLion: "CLEANSING!"
And once again the day is saved by... not Sailor Moon.
My subplot sense is tingling.

Anyway, it was a pretty good episode, despite being entangled in the Moonlight Knight mess, and centering on one of those lifelong friends of our heroines that never show up again after that.
Makoto's angst feels genuine, Usagi's subplot is ticking along nicely, and our heroines behave like the dysfunctional combat unit we all know and love. More good than bad, really.

Last edited:

JohnBiles

Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #49: For Whom is the White Rose? The Moonlight Knight Appea

Oh, I had completely forgotten about this guy. I think it's an indication of how much he'll matter in the future. One of those many lifelong friends of our heroines that show up for one episode and then just disappear entirely. (Remember Naru's tenniswoman friend ?)
Yes, quite. I remembered him but it's because Rainy Day Man is stuck in my head permanently and plays at odd moments.

Also, I'm a big Mako fan.

I think this is the most detailed flashback we ever see of Makoto's ex-boyfriend, actually.
Yes, it is.

Ah, the glory days when the writers still tried to give the Sailor Soldiers (beside Usagi) coherent subplots. They'll be over soon.
Makoto gets a good one in S. Or at least I enjoyed it. :)

The first rule of Sailor Moon R is : you don't talk about the Moonlight Knight. The second rule is : you do not talk about the Moonlight Knight.

They're obviously trying to recapture the original Sailor Moon/Tuxedo Mask dynamic from Season 1. But the concept is just so silly...
A fundamental problem for the series is the problem of how to keep the Usagi/Mamoru relationship interesting and it's often not solved well.

This is the only time they blatantly copy themselves, though.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Makoto gets a good [subplot] in S. Or at least I enjoyed it. :)
I remember two standout episodes for Makoto in S, actually. But apart from that...
(Though Makoto is far from the worse victim of this phenomenon.)

A fundamental problem for the series is the problem of how to keep the Usagi/Mamoru relationship interesting and it's often not solved well.
The writers were obviously quite fond of their relationship in the first two thirds of Season 1 (playful jabs in civilian forms, him swooping down for her despite seemingly opposed objectives when in costume), and tried to recreate it for most of R by artificially recreating some distance between them. Doesn't work at all.

I much, much prefer the way it was handled in S and Stars.

This is the only time they blatantly copy themselves, though.
Er, not really. *cough* the odango atama nickname *cough*

But yeah, the Moonlight Knight is a disappointing throwback. (And the ridiculous costume doesn't help...)

By the way, forgot about this :
Shadowjack said:
Artemis: "—but since the Dark Kingdom has been retroactively removed from existence, it has to be someone else, new to us."
In strange but typical fit of stupidity, the English dub went out of its way to present the Ali/ens as "sent by the Negaforce" (their name for Queen Metallia).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom