• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
Yep, I've been around. But I did lose power there for a while, and then I went into work, and haven't had time. Soon, though. Thanks for worrying, though, it's the weather for it. :)
Glad to hear you're doing okay up there! Take your time, we're not going anywhere.

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Considering that we got a tornado warning down in Santa Clara valley midweek, it's safe to say that it's been rough all week in California. Take whatever time you need, and keep safe and dry as much as you can.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Considering that we got a tornado warning down in Santa Clara valley midweek, it's safe to say that it's been rough all week in California. Take whatever time you need, and keep safe and dry as much as you can.
Yeah, we'd had a rare tornado warning here, too. Somewhere out in the county. It lasted about five minutes; by the time I heard about it, it'd been rescinded for hours.

Strangest thing was the traffic on the first night of the storm. Basically every main road in the area got blocked somehow at some point during the night, which almost never happens; near total gridlock for a couple of hours until they got it all cleared up. Usually one or two roads get cut for a while, but most of them at once? Wowsers.

And there's more on the way…

Actually, I kind of like this weather. :D To every thing there is a season…

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Tornado warning?

Tornado warning?

Tornado warning?! In Santa Cruz? :eek: See what you miss with a mere four and a half days of no TV or 'Net? o_O;

This weather takes me back to the first few years I lived here, way back in the early eighties. Before the seven-year drought. :D

And it's gonna pick up again starting tonight through Wednesday. McKenna knows we need the rain, two or three more weeks like this just to negate the current drought condition, but I really hope the power lines can handle it...

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tornado warning?

Tornado warning?

Tornado warning?! In Santa Cruz? :eek: See what you miss with a mere four and a half days of no TV or 'Net? o_O;
Yep!

This weather takes me back to the first few years I lived here, way back in the early eighties. Before the seven-year drought. :D

And it's gonna pick up again starting tonight through Wednesday. McKenna knows we need the rain, two or three more weeks like this just to negate the current drought condition, but I really hope the power lines can handle it...
Yeah, lots of people have been saying, "It's just like '82 all over again!"

For comparison, I was born in '82, so I only have my parents' recollections to go on. I do remember the drought, though. (Remember they had the water conservation ads in movie theaters—the cartoon about the little dude who left his sprinkler on when he went on vacation, and ended up with an ocean in his yard?)

We're getting quite tangential here, aren't we? :D

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Quick, tie the water thing into Sailor Mercury!
Or in some cases, Sailor Jupiter! :eek:
They're camped out on the summit with binoculars, doing shots and taking potshots.

Ami: "Okay, that tree over there!"
Mako: "Watch this—" *WHKOOM*
Ami /mad giggling.
Mako /more giggling and a few guffaws.
Ami /falls over.
Mako /snort sniff heh heh oops
Ami: "You silly, you, you—"
Mako: "I MEANT TO DO THAT."
Ami: "—you hit the power line!"
Mako /takes shot. "All right, YOU try, you're so smart!"
Ami: "Right!" *WHKOOM* "Oops."
Mako /BWAHAHAHA points and laughs
Ami: "Oops. Oh. Oh dear. Good thing there are no houses on that hill."
Mako: "Hmm. Maybe we should move this over to the beach. They have a ferris wheel!"
Ami: "Oh, no, it's a historical landmark!"
Mako: "No, no, no, I mean—"
Ami /giggles s'more
Mako: "—no, stop, I mean, stop, stop—"
Ami /*snrk*
Mako: "—we ride the ferris wheel, and fire over the ocean—"
Ami: "—oh! Oh! Sure. Okay, yeah! Wait, no, it's raining, they probably won't be running it."
Mako: "And whose fault is that?"

I swear a couple of those lightning shots went right above my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom