• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davies

Validated User
Spoiler: Show
In the live action you get to see her at her mothers death, her dad was too busy to come. Her forgiving him is a plot point.
Perhaps, but I'm basing my statements on my memories of the manga.

The Fireballed Mage

Validated User
sorry for the digression quicklike, but with regards to something from the first thread, when fireballed mage showed the girls of Eva

people said they'd seen an image like that, but couldn't place it. so, here it is

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of when I wrote that scene.

I picked it because:

1) It's Rei acting, something you don't see everyday.

2) She would would make a really good tree. Definite method acting there.

and

2) With that expression you can't tell if she's being normal Rei and thinking, "......" or else, "For this insult, I will kill you, your family, your pets, and everyone you ever talked to on a Tuesday."

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
Those openings are fanmade,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrzMbX7ZwM
that one is the one that stems from when Amy and Rey were here only Nakama.

My fondlest is, but that is because of the (German) text.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeiQKUloCjo
(Please excuse the twinking Minako, it is the sole version I could find with no Spoilers for Shadowjack in the video...;)

Neunundneunzig Sailor Moons, auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont…
You have no idea how funny you are...
(Am I the only one that got the daydream sequence from Scrubs now into my mind ?)
Unintentionally funny:
Eugdeal: "They are only girls!"
Youma: "Yes, but perhaps a docen of them!"
:D

The Fireballed Mage

Validated User
I remember seeing it, back in the age when the only anime we had arrived on 5th generation VHS tapes from the guy in Vancouver who subbed them at 2 in the morning...

Anyway, while I have no physical proof it exists, I will swear upon pain of death that I have seen an episode of Sailor Moon subbed in Klingon.

Strangely, it made a whole lota sense.

JohnBiles

Validated User
I remember seeing it, back in the age when the only anime we had arrived on 5th generation VHS tapes from the guy in Vancouver who subbed them at 2 in the morning...

Anyway, while I have no physical proof it exists, I will swear upon pain of death that I have seen an episode of Sailor Moon subbed in Klingon.

Strangely, it made a whole lota sense.
I've seen it too; it exists.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That reminds me, I'm kind of curious if I'll recognize when I see it part of an episode I saw long, long ago, through the aforementioned VHS-tape-trading grapevine.

My Dad doesn't remember at all, and I was a kid, but I'm fairly sure this came through a friend-of-a-friend of his, because he used to collect animation tapes. Mainly, like, 1920s-1940s stuff, ranging from Disneys and Warners shorts to really weird Ub Iwerks silents and even stranger things. But this one time, he borrowed a tape with an odd assortment of unsubbed anime episodes.

We recognized one of them as Sailor Moon, because the show was on in the States at the time, but had no idea what the fuck was going on, of course. I only vaguely recall the context in the episode, anyway.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Can you give us any details ? Some of us Sailor Moon buffs might be able to identify it...
Well, you probably know how it goes—only a single image or two sticks in the head.

I seem to recall a scene with—three or four girls, maybe, and I'm pretty sure Rei was in the crowd, maybe Mako, probably Usagi—at, like, an indoor cafe table. I want to say reds/earthtones in the background, but that could be off. Comedic scene, there was arguing or shocked reactions to something, might've gone SD at some point. I'm pretty sure I'm not confusing this with any of the Usagi-stalking-Rei-dating-Mamoru action in Season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom