• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thanks for helping me feel a little better about that one. :) Sometimes I can trust the muse, and sometimes I can't, so throwing things at an audience is LIVE FIRE TESTING!

(I wonder what it says about me that I sometimes feel guilty for writing a fictional character doing not-good things… :p)

Random observation : the kanji for "Minako" can also be read as "Binasu" (though you're not supposed to), which is very close to the way "Venus" is pronunced in Japanese. So the "V" nickname could also be explained away as Usagi misreading the first kanji in Minako's name...
Ha! We have previously established that she's come close to failing Japanese class. :D

Last edited:

Cruton

Retired User
(I wonder what it says about me that I sometimes feel guilty for writing a fictional character doing not-good things… :p)
It's been said there are two types of writers in the world: those who love their characters and those who hate them. Those who love them write only for the privilege for their company and the climax comes when the writer tearfully admits that some of their dear friends aren't friends after all -- the climax is the writer's heartbreak. Those who hate them write only for the pleasure of their misery and the climax comes when the writer begrudgingly admits their triumphs -- the climax is the writer growing up.

Bad stories are about characters. Good stories are about people. Great stories are about the author. Classics are about the author and the audience.

In other words, you've obviously got some kind of brain worm.

EDIT: A parasitic brain worm.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In other words, you've obviously got some kind of brain worm.

EDIT: A parasitic brain worm.
Oh, shit. Any bets whether it turns out to be the political one (Ami goes on a rant every episode about why military government is the only sensible option), or the sexual one (who wouldn't love giraffes, those long graceful necks?). And there's no editor to stop me. The posts will just get longer and longer until they timecube. Doooooooooooomed we're all doomed.

Cruton

Retired User
...the sexual one...
Usagi was mopping again.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to keep going without Mamoru. He... he completes me."

"I don't know." Minako teased softly, swirling her finger on Usagi's shoulder. "I think I know a way?"

"How?" Usagi begged.

Minako slid up against her friend. Usagi yelped in surprise as she felt Minako's hand sneak down and lift something out of her pocket. She slipped the long, smooth, cool disguise pen into Usagi's hand, the two blonds fingers momentarily intertwining. She whispered into Usagi's ear.

"Just say, 'Make me a magnificent, beautiful, dominating princess... my liege."

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The comic is great stuff, as always, and it makes a hell of a lot of sense. If only the series writing team took time to think these things through...

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, regarding the comic?

You continue to earn the "turducken of awesome" tag that this thread has, Shadowjack.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I can just imagine Rei putting Minako in a headlock over this ^^ And Ami wanting to do more 'tests' just to be sure.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
That actually makes perfect sense, Shadowjack! Not least because Minako's personality shift is otherwise entirely unexplained.
This is only partially true. It's unexplained in the anime.

Remember, the very first Sailor Senshi work was the Sailor V manga. And now, Minako is reassuming the personality that was very clearly established in her first appearance.

Like I've always said: Usagi is ditzy, but Mina-chan is zany. :D

EDIT: And to make my case, here's the scanslated Codename: Sailor V. I'm pretty sure we're long past the point where any of this could be considered a spoiler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom