• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #54: The Culture Fest is for Me?! Queen Rei Sings With Pass

After all, he was a mundane, nothing about the reset would stop his arrival.
Er, except for the fact that he originally showed up in early September, and that we're still in April ? As I said before, the stitches from the history monks' work are showing...

But, that was Tuxedo Mask! This is Moonlight Knight! Two entirely different people.
Word. I can't understand this strange misconception that makes lots of people confuse them. One dresses in black, the other in white ! They're completely different !

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #54: The Culture Fest is for Me?! Queen Rei Sings With Pass

Er, except for the fact that he originally showed up in early September, and that we're still in April ? As I said before, the stitches from the history monks' work are showing...
Obviously, he originally intended to come sooner but all the public monster attacks made him hesitate in coming.

Word. I can't understand this strange misconception that makes lots of people confuse them. One dresses in black, the other in white ! They're completely different !
Also, Moonlight Knight has a sword, Tuxedo Mask a cane! One has a european style, the other a middle-eastern style!

Aaron Peori

Retired User

And Tuxedo Mask wears glasses, Moonlight Knight doesn't wear glasses etc etc.

--------------------
Epsilon

Cruton

Retired User

Alternative explanation: Usagi reset the world to how she thought it should be, so obviously her word view included Rei getting romanced by the young itinerant who worked for her grampa.

Which says any amount of disturbing things about her possessiveness towards Ami and her unconscious views on her relationship with Mamoru.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jhiday said:
Darn, you've guessed the "Dark Mars Saga" storyline ahead of time...
:confused:

Probably shouldn't tell me… :)

That's something I'm still trying to puzzle out, too. There's something about her eyes that make them very distinctive, but it's hard to tell exactly what. I think it might be the curve of her eyelashes being somewhat flatter on the descending part than for the other girls, which makes the eyes look somewhat sad and the lid above more prominent. I think her eyelashes are also drawn as a thicker black line than for the others, but that might be a season 4 specific thing.

And then there's the hair. It looks as if it should be simple to draw, but not even the animators can keep it consistent. The bangs at least all seem to be curved inward, toward the face, unless the hair is either wet or moving in the wind.
Hmmm. Something in how you described that kicked something loose… I just spent an hour or two sketching… we'll see if I'm close.

I think I'm going to have to accept that I tend to draw Ami as just a little more intense than she is in the show. In the "round bubble" style, in particular, she's all cuddly like a teddy-bear.

Alternative explanation: Usagi reset the world to how she thought it should be, so obviously her word view included Rei getting romanced by the young itinerant who worked for her grampa.

Which says any amount of disturbing things about her possessiveness towards Ami and her unconscious views on her relationship with Mamoru.
Interesting.

I'm not sure I like the whole "Usagi's subconscious influence on the 'Princess Wave Reset' effect" theory for myself, though. Given how weird and random a lot of the rest of the series can be, I tend toward the theory that "Fate just works in weird-ass ways, its dubious wonders to perform." They were fated to end up as friends together in that year, so the Pattern Spiders fucked everything else over to get it all to work out, and if this means that the butterfly effect causes the NPCs to wind up far from wherever they were supposed to be originally, so be it.

…which may mean that in the previous timeline, by recruiting Minako a year early and jetting off to Europe, Artemis screwed up Fate. Oops. :p

There was a MASH reference though. And if not, it sure was a good unintentional MASH reference. :)
"I wonder how such a degenerated person ever was granted the powers of the Sailor Senshi."
"She was drafted."

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That was just an X-man reference :)
Oh, right. That Phoenix. Right. Okay.

Really? Cause in the live action their actually is a dark mercury arc.
Yeah, see, I've heard that title, and got confused.

(Don't know anything about it, other than, duh, Dark Mercury. Presumably brainwashed or evil twin. Sounds amusing. Also sounds like we're walking very close to spoiler territory, though, so I'll drop the subject.)

Still sketching. It occurs to me that I'm drawing 14-year-olds, but they wind up looking more like, oh, 16-year-olds. I wonder if this is fair compensation for all the shows that draw 18-year-olds like 12-year-olds. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom