• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazing Bat

Validated User
This is why I tend to go loose, myself—following gestures and motions—because I suck at real anatomy. :p
I would do that if I could - my attempts usually just look messy, as I'm unable to work without at least a minimum of construction lines. I can get frustrated trying to draw a good-looking stick figure.

Fire looks fine to me! I agree on the hands (and you didn't even try feet), and the pose and proportion are a little out -of-joint. (Limbs different lengths, etc. But I'm sure you see that.)
Limbs, hands and knees, my eternal enemies.

In Jules Feiffer's The Man in the Ceiling, about (among other things) a boy who wants to be a cartoonist, there's a bit where he describes how the boy learns to cover up for not being able to draw hands, by having all his superheroes wear BIG BLACK GAUNTLETS. I think of that bit often… sometimes feeling like art is all about directing attention away from one's faults…
Oh yes :)

Don't know. Various ideas come to mind: the tablet is fuxxored, the wire connection is fuxxored, the software driver is fuxxored, or you're bumping the mouse or keyboard somehow and causing it to jump around. (I sometimes do the reverse—my mouse cursor won't respond, and I realize it's because my stylus fell on the tablet.)
I fear it's the tablet itself. Nothing software-sided has changed, and it's one specific region on the tablet that the pen will just skip on screen.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I fear it's the tablet itself. Nothing software-sided has changed, and it's one specific region on the tablet that the pen will just skip on screen.
Try the cable first, though. Might be a bent pin, or something like that.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Charlie Brown: "I note that you drew him with his hands behind his back. This is because you, yourself, have feelings of insecurity."

Linus:
"No. I did that because I, myself, can't draw hands!"

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Charlie Brown: "I note that you drew him with his hands behind his back. This is because you, yourself, have feelings of insecurity."

Linus:
"No. I did that because I, myself, can't draw hands!"
Ha! I'd forgotten that one. Schultz speaking from experience, I'm sure. :D

JeanneHedge

Validated User
While we await the next episode, here's a suggestion for those who like AMVs. If you're familiar with the typical title sequence to James Bond movies (handsome guy, guns, shadowy and silhoutted women), all the better.

The video is from 2005, but don't let that throw you - this is a clean, clear, tech-excellent vid. It's City Hunter clips set to a James Bond-esque "title sequence" (sans credits) against an actual James Bond movie theme (Duran Duran's A View to a Kill), with the Sailor Senshi in the "Bond Girl" roles. (these are the senshi through the R movie, and no, I don't want to think about the age differential)

Here's the link (hope it works - it might be a members link :confused:): A View to a Kill by Vlad G. Pohnert

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
It took me about a second to find a youtube link, in case anyone prefers it.
Although it contains a minor spoiler
Spoiler: Show
: Rei using an attack Shadowjack has not yet seen so far in the anime,
I must say it is a really really well made AMV.

Plus, it is a cameo by The Question...:D
(It isn´t, but that´s not important...;))

Last edited:

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I do like a good AMV (and, sadly, haven't the patience for bad ones, which is why I've seen so few; hard to sift through on my own). How spoilery is the minor spoiler? Just a little? (Like, "Here's a character you haven't seen yet!" level?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom