• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Naru the Time Lord? …Whoa. My mind is blown.

Cruton said:
Anybody get the sense A&E just don't take their situation seriously?
*raises hand* Yo.

They're, like, spree-killing tourists, on an extending holiday across Japan with automatic weapons. (Coming soon from Quentin Tarantino…)

Cruton said:
En has the best expression in this scene.
She has excellent facial expressions; a wide range of loving death glares for Ali. She's very cute. (Also, she's legal, as far as I can tell, so I can say that without guilt.)

Gargoylewing said:
Her transformation pen too was lost in time and space to the pole ?
Hasn't come up yet, but the Crescent Wand is definitely MIA. Which is funny, since it's previously displayed semi-sentience and the ability to fly between dimensions. I suspect it's only lost because it wants to be.

Gargoylewing said:
BTW, why not be honest (and, I admit it, boring) and call this here somply "WIW Sailor Moon: R" ?
Some expressed disappointment that I didn't give the second thread a clever title. I figured it was time to give this thing a proper name, rather than just "Shadowjack's Perfectly Safe Sailor Moon Thread."

Hmmm. Though now that I think about it…

Also, it fits the song.

JohnBiles

Validated User
IE, Usagi likes Tsunderes and they like her but pretend not to. But then they die for her to show their devotion without having to SAY it.

Makoto may crush on any guy in the universe, but they never seem to have any interest in her; the one time we saw someone take an interest, they were a monster who already had a monster girlfriend.

Ami got to have an actual boyfriend, even if he's forgotten she exists and she doesn't seem to remember him or else just no one ever brings it up.

Rei has dated Mamoru (flop), has a relationship of indeterminate nature with Yuuichiro that might turn to something more eventually, and clearly likes Usagi but can't admit it.

Minako so far has a romantic tragedy trainwreck in her past but showed up too late last time for any affection to get going in season 1.

Naru had one tragic romance (Nephrite) and one successful (Umino). And for all of her ability to be monster chow, she also inspires very strong devotion from men. And from Usagi, but since she's not a tsundere, Usagi will never fall for her.

JohnBiles

Validated User
Also, in terms of Sailor Timelord Cosplay...

Minako would cosplay as 8Doc (McGann), Usagi as 5Doc (Davidson), Rei as 6Doc (Colin Baker), Luna would be 1Doc (Hartnell), Artemis would be 2Doc (Troughton), Makoto as 3Doc (Pertwee), and I'm not sure about Ami.

Spoiler: Show
Pluto as 7Doc (McCoy) of course, Michiru and Haruka would find something more elegant to cosplay as, and Hotaru would be Ace. And Professor Tomoe would do the Master.

Cruton

Retired User
Pluto as 7Doc (McCoy) of course, Michiru and Haruka would find something more elegant to cosplay as, and Hotaru would be Ace. And Professor Tomoe would do the Master.
Michiru: We were never big fans of Doctor Who.

Haruka: We much prefer Blake's Seven.

Usagi: So mature...

Hotaru: What about you, Setsuna-mama?

Setsuna: I NEVER HAD A CRUSH ON ADRIC!

JohnBiles

Validated User
But Usagi looked so cute back when I drew her in the Scarf!

4Doc can be divided into three phases.

Usagi would do a great 4Doc with Williams as the producer.
Hinchliffe 4Doc (early 4Doc) would be a character who hasn't shown up yet.
Late 4Doc (JNT's first season as producer), I can't think of anyone who fits.

The thing is, Davidson is basically the 'friendly doctor who attracts a bunch of travelling companions'. Further, you can say 'Teegan = Rei', 'Nyssa = Ami' and 'Adric = Mamoru when he was a teenage brat'. :)

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
As Sailor Moon becomes more of a heroine, it becomes less necessary to put herself in danger to help motivate Sailor Moon and she gradually fades out of the series, but is busy working to protect Tokyo in other ways we don't see and meddling covertly in other series :)

Naru, of course, remembers the original time line before Usagi meddled.
But... that could mean that she's really also...

AGH MY BRAIN HURTS BECAUSE I CANNOT SPEAK THE SPOILERS. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom