• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruton

Retired User
Like, wait a minute, what? :D

Pretty sure that version of Beryl never showed up even in the manga...
Wow. That's.... a departure.

I can't even mentally fit this version of Beryl into the corresponding scenes. She looks like she should be cooking omelets in a pleasant villa in Southern France. Maybe humming a waltz, with her hair still wet from a morning swim in the lake. Evil omelets, mind you, and maybe the whole apron effect is just what throws it off. But she looks more like an anti-heroic ally than an opponent. Kinda like the Yuuko to the Sailor Scout's Sakura and Syaorin.

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
So there are seven Sailor Moon artbooks. One for each year of the manga, collecting all the color artwork Naoko did during that time, cover pieces and other illustrations. One special tribute artbook, Infinity, where Naoko shows off some of her more risque artwork and then has tributes from various studio mates and other mangaka as well as all sorts of "Farewell Sailormoon" notes, and the Materials Collection where she collects all her character sketches for the manga and anime as well as a short anniversary manga.

We should probably drop discussion of the artbooks since over 80% of them are still spoilers for Shadowjack at this point guys.

Cruton

Retired User
One special tribute artbook, Infinity, where Naoko shows off some of her more risque artwork and then has tributes from various studio mates and other mangaka as well as all sorts of "Farewell Sailormoon" notes, and the Materials Collection where she collects all her character sketches for the manga and anime as well as a short anniversary manga.
Oh my lord THE FAN HUNGER IS UPON ME.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Actually, I think the personage on the left might not be Beryl, but someone else whom I can't mention because of spoilers.
I doubt it. Her jewelry is a match for Beryl's, even to the sash-belt. Whereas
Spoiler: Show
Nehellenia
, if that's who you mean, has her own page in the book later and doesn't look much like that at all.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And if you're thinking of the person who shows up in the S movie (I won't even put it into spoilers), they have their own page later in the artbook too.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, after much delay, here's the illustrated recap. I totally admit I got a little carried away on this one, but in my defense, since it's been a while, I had a backlog of gags saved up, and realized that with the end of this story arc, I might not get a chance to use them. So basically, this is a double-length strip, or two strips strung together.

There are some very eclectic and obscure (and occasionally multi-layered) media riffs in this one. It should be no surprise to anyone that I often stream episodes of MST3K while I'm drawing.

Now that this is off my plate, regular IWIWing shall resume shortly.

Personal observation: I used to say I wasn't at all into fanfic, and yet somehow I seem to have slid into writing it. How did that happen? "Heh heh. The first one's free, kid."

Fanfic writing observation: Makoto's one of the few characters I can think of where having her fall in love with one's original character isn't a terrible cheat. So long as it doesn't last, that is. (It's kind of like writing a South Park fic where Kenny dies…)

Question to the fandom: Did Minako's crush "Alan"/"Allan" ever get a last name? I couldn't find out in any safe source, and finally just stole one from elsewhere. And for that matter, did Naru's Mom ever get a first name?

And now…

Spoiler: Show

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
Can I subscribe to a member of the forum? Just to automatically read anything he posts?

Or is that a little stalkerish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom