• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OTOH, As you really made it short (as it was only a short arc), I say you overwent a bit the complete DRAMA about, well, the aftermath of the time rewarp (what is PWT standing for exactely, btw?).
"Princess Wave Timeslip", as the Lloyd's Shipping Register mentioned a few paragraphs above. Typically for bureaucrat-ese, they didn't properly define the acroynm.

I've been calling it the "Princess Wave", just 'cause I had to call it something, and it reminds me a little of the Empress Wave from Traveller.

And, yes, I decided to skip that plot angle. Mainly for brevity, but also because I couldn't think up too many "We're back!" jokes.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
followed by the Buckaroo Banzai reference (which itself referenced War of the Worlds) :)
Plus repeat of the Misfile reference I've been stealing. And, man, if being stuck in the Sailor Moon universe wouldn't ruin poor Ash's day (even more than usual, that is), I don't know what else would.

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
On the Ami/Mako "Everyone reminds her but me" bit...

It's always a bittersweet remembrance for Mako when someone reminds her of her sempai, since he did tear out her heart and stomp it flat.

It could be "You're the one person I never think could break my heart, Ami..."

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Plus repeat of the Misfile reference I've been stealing. And, man, if being stuck in the Sailor Moon universe wouldn't ruin poor Ash's day (even more than usual, that is), I don't know what else would.
Misfile? Where? :)

(I'll note I'm horrible at catching references.)

Albert

Validated User
Canadian exchange student.

It's the cover story for having a pair of elves* hang out with Ash all of a sudden.

-Albert

*Yes, I know they're supposed to be angels**. Frell that, they're frelling elves.

**Although that raises the questions - where did God get 'em? They don't seem to be particularly made for the job of managing reality, and it seems like they have as much free will as humans do, so why this particular square peg for this particular round hole?

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, duh! Yea, I didn't make that connection.

Nor did I notice the Misfile characters *right there*.

Last edited:

JohnBiles

Validated User
Ash CAN'T LEGALLY DRIVE in Japan.

That would certainly drive Ash insane :)

Though weirdly enough, you could....well, I can't say anything without spoilers for seasons 3-5. ^^;;

Suffice it to say, I can actually think of a way to slot in Ash and Emily, replacing two other characters with minimal damage to the timeline...

Mind of a fanfic writer at work.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On the Ami/Mako "Everyone reminds her but me" bit...

It's always a bittersweet remembrance for Mako when someone reminds her of her sempai, since he did tear out her heart and stomp it flat.

It could be "You're the one person I never think could break my heart, Ami..."
This is true.

On the other hand, it also makes Makoto's crushes seem even more depressingly self-fulfilling. "You remind me of the guy who crushed my heart… Wanna go out?"

Oh, well, she'll probably grow out of it. Well, we hope she does, anyway.

...Does it count as 'incestous' when you're part plant?
Yeah, good question. I mean, it's possible that technically all those dryads were close kin. It's the old "Adam and Eve" problem.

And don't anyone try telling me, "No, they're just very affectionate siblings!" Because those were definitely not brotherly/sisterly kisses in those first appearances.

On the other hand, they may not be kin; the dryads may have had separate lineages at that point (I like to think they developed a whole civilization around the Tree), and Ali and En were simply close childhood friends to begin with, and all that. So it's All Okay.

And of course they're magical aliens, so human conceptions of appropriate behavior may not even apply… :p

Though I'm reminded of the Takahashi Answer: "I don't think about such things, and neither should you!" ("But I'm an SF fan, Rumiko. Of course I overthink the details…")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom