• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And so, it begins...

(I've always referred to Chibi-Usa and her pistol from her first appearance, in both manga and anime, as "Quentin Tarantino's 'Sailor Moon'")

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
And we have liftoff! Or is that touchdown? :D

Koan is Elmer Fudd, (blue-dressed girl whose name you don't know yet) is Pepe le Pew, and Wiseman is... Yodagollum? o_O;

Laughing too hard for a more coherent review, may come later. :)

Last edited:

Wraithstrike

Game Creator
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon Episode R #60: An Angel? A Devil? Mysterious Girl from the Sky.

While I admit the "weird coincedences as the work of external agents rather than pranks" storyline happens a bit, it must have happened more in the Showa era than the Heisei, because all I'm coming up with is the Titan Undead in Blade.

Oh and...she's heeeereee.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love all the speculation on the kid's true origins. Koan's speech quirk was a bit distracting, but I suppose it was appropriate -- she is Wabbit-hunting, after all.

The Kid, a.k.a. the Rabbit, a.k.a. Chibi-Usa (not officially as of yet, but it's within the first minute or two of the next episode) is one of the more controversial characters in the series. Some people love her, some people hate her -- it'll be interesting to see how she comes across here. (I'm personally pretty fond of her, but I can understand how tastes differ.)

Oh, word of warning: next episode has one of those annoyingly spoilery titles again.

Davies

Validated User
And so, it begins...

(I've always referred to Chibi-Usa and her pistol from her first appearance, in both manga and anime, as "Quentin Tarantino's 'Sailor Moon'")
Nah, there's nowhere nearly enough allegedly hip conversation.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon Episode R #60: An Angel? A Devil? Mysterious Girl from the Sky.

While I admit the "weird coincedences as the work of external agents rather than pranks" storyline happens a bit, it must have happened more in the Showa era than the Heisei, because all I'm coming up with is the Titan Undead in Blade.

Oh and...she's heeeereee.
Honestly, I was thinking more of American Saturday morning cartoons, but I assumed that the Japanese equivalents got stuck with a lot of the same plots, considering how much cross-pollination has gone on since the 1980s at least.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And, yes, I need to diaw back the Ewmew Fudd speech impediment in futuwe, to mewewy a few key wettews. Because it's hard to write, let alone read.

Cruton

Retired User
Nah, there's nowhere nearly enough allegedly hip conversation.
Spoiler: Show

Nephrite: C'mon, throw in a buck!

Jadeite: Uh-uh, I don't tip.

Nephrite: You don't tip?

Jadeite: I don't believe in it.

Nephrite: You don't believe in tipping?

Kunzite: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.

Jadeite: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money, she can quit.

Nephrite: I don't even know a fucking Cardian who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you never ever tip, huh?

Jadeite: I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I tip when somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth an effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, that's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job.

Kunzite: Hey, this girl was nice.

Jadeite: She was okay. But she wasn't anything special.

Kunzite: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?

Zoisite: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

Jadeite: Look, I ordered coffee, alright? And we been here a long fucking time and she's only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee I want it filled six times.

Nephrite: Six times? Well, what if she's too fucking busy?

Jadeite: The words "too fucking busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary.

Zoisite: Excuse me, Jadeite, but the last fucking thing you need is another cup of coffee.

Jadeite: Jesus Christ man, these ladies aren't starving to death. They make minimum wage. You know, I used to work minimum wage and when I did I was lucky enough to have a job the society deemed tipworthy.

Kunzite: You don't care if they're counting on your tips to live?

Jadeite: [rubbing his middle finger and thumb together] You know what this is? The world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

Kunzite: You don't have any idea what you're talking about. These people bust their ass. This is a hard job.

Jadeite: So is working at McDonald's, but you don't see anyone tip them, do you? Why not, they're serving you food. But no, society says don't tip these guys over here, but tip these guys over here. It's bullshit!

Kunzite: Waitressing is the number one occupation for female non-college graduates in this country. It's the one jab basically any woman can get, and make a living on. The reason is because of tips.

Jadeite: Fuck all that! I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And this non-college bullshit you're givin' me, I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

Zoisite: You know what, you just convinced me. Gimmie my dollar back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom