• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraithstrike

Game Creator
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon Episode R #60: An Angel? A Devil? Mysterious Girl from the Sky.

Honestly, I was thinking more of American Saturday morning cartoons, but I assumed that the Japanese equivalents got stuck with a lot of the same plots, considering how much cross-pollination has gone on since the 1980s at least.
Now this, I see. Power Rangers did it, Mystic Knights did it...It was more common in the american shows.

But for the sailor senshi in 92' they had Black RX and Shin(who may or may not be a rider, the jury's still out) and RX wasn't a prankster.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show

Nephrite: C'mon, throw in a buck!

Jadeite: Uh-uh, I don't tip.

Nephrite: You don't tip?

Jadeite: I don't believe in it.

Nephrite: You don't believe in tipping?

Kunzite: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.

Jadeite: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money, she can quit.

Nephrite: I don't even know a fucking Cardian who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you never ever tip, huh?

Jadeite: I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I tip when somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth an effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, that's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job.

Kunzite: Hey, this girl was nice.

Jadeite: She was okay. But she wasn't anything special.

Kunzite: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?

Zoisite: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

Jadeite: Look, I ordered coffee, alright? And we been here a long fucking time and she's only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee I want it filled six times.

Nephrite: Six times? Well, what if she's too fucking busy?

Jadeite: The words "too fucking busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary.

Zoisite: Excuse me, Jadeite, but the last fucking thing you need is another cup of coffee.

Jadeite: Jesus Christ man, these ladies aren't starving to death. They make minimum wage. You know, I used to work minimum wage and when I did I was lucky enough to have a job the society deemed tipworthy.

Kunzite: You don't care if they're counting on your tips to live?

Jadeite: [rubbing his middle finger and thumb together] You know what this is? The world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

Kunzite: You don't have any idea what you're talking about. These people bust their ass. This is a hard job.

Jadeite: So is working at McDonald's, but you don't see anyone tip them, do you? Why not, they're serving you food. But no, society says don't tip these guys over here, but tip these guys over here. It's bullshit!

Kunzite: Waitressing is the number one occupation for female non-college graduates in this country. It's the one jab basically any woman can get, and make a living on. The reason is because of tips.

Jadeite: Fuck all that! I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And this non-college bullshit you're givin' me, I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

Zoisite: You know what, you just convinced me. Gimmie my dollar back!
I can hear it in my head!!!

Steve Buscemi makes a disturbingly appropriate Jadeite...

"You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Crystal Tokyo?"

Last edited:

Cruton

Retired User
And, yes, I need to diaw back the Ewmew Fudd speech impediment in futuwe, to mewewy a few key wettews. Because it's hard to write, let alone read.
Man, if you think you're bad, you should hear her voice in the dub. She sounds like she eats a pack a day. And not in the oddly sexy Doctor Girlfriend way.

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
I love all the speculation on the kid's true origins. Koan's speech quirk was a bit distracting, but I suppose it was appropriate -- she is Wabbit-hunting, after all.

The Kid, a.k.a. the Rabbit, a.k.a. Chibi-Usa (not officially as of yet, but it's within the first minute or two of the next episode) is one of the more controversial characters in the series. Some people love her, some people hate her -- it'll be interesting to see how she comes across here. (I'm personally pretty fond of her, but I can understand how tastes differ.)

Oh, word of warning: next episode has one of those annoyingly spoilery titles again.
Usagi in the dub refers to her as "the pink spore," a term picked up with gusto by the fans who don't like her.

And in thinking of Misfile, many fans on the forums there refer to perky young upstart character Missi as a "fungus."

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Man, if you think you're bad, you should hear her voice in the dub. She sounds like she eats a pack a day. And not in the oddly sexy Doctor Girlfriend way.
Ah, justification for my cruelty, in a roundabout way.

Shadowjack's thought process:

"Ami doing karaoke with the Cure's 'Hot! Hot! Hot!' 'The third time I saw lightning strike, it hit me in bed… well I like it when that lightning comes.' Heh."

"Pink /grabs Usagi's hand. 'Come with me if you want to live.'"

"Pink /opens truck door. 'Get out.'"

"Pink /alone in bedroom, playing with eyeballs. 'Fuck you, asshole.' No, no, foul-mouthed kid isn't really my thing. No."

"Hmm. If we're out to kill the Rabbit, I should give someone an Elmer Fudd voice. Who?"

"…Rubeus? That'd make him Wubeus. Wid his speah and magic HELmet. 'Magic helmet?' 'Magic helmet!'"

"Hmm. Maybe? Maybe not. I like the laid-back attitude, actually. He's kind of cool for a master villain so far. 'Like, we're in no hurry, guys. Enjoy the view. It's cool.' Okay, too laid-back."

"Pink in gunshop. Gramps: 'You can't do that!' The Kid: 'Wrong.' BLAM!"

"Pink disguised as Gramps. 'I love you, too, sweetheart.'"

"The chick in green should totally sound like Natasha Fatale."

"Red-eyed little girls with suspicious resemblances to other cast members -> Yui Ikari -> 'World's Worst Crossovers:' [Mental picture of 14-year-old Yui Ikari and Gendo Rokubungi, staring up at sky that Rei Ayanami just fell out of. With, obviously, a floating toy penguin.]"

"Which means that… yes, of course. Ritsuko is the bookish sailor Mercury, and Misato is the athletic Jupiter. Now I know who the boy-who-broke-her-heart looks like. …Boy, that throws the ages all out of whack, having them all the same ages… Who's Venus? …Why, Ms. Zeppelin-Sohryu-Langley, of course. Whose face we never see. Probably looks a lot like Asuka, though."

"Bugs Bunny in 'What's Opera, Doc?' has blonde twintails when he's Brunhilde. (Or she, if you go for that one fandom theory that Bugs is 'actually' a she.) Blonde twintails and a knack for disguise. Hey, it really does work! Can I work Usagi singing 'Retoin my looooove…' into a scene? …Nnnnnnnoo. Okay, save it for later."

"You know, that really is a bizarre outfit Purple is wearing, isn't she? She looks like a caberet ostrich. And she doesn't have the excuse of being a summoned demon and stuck with whatever form exemplifies her powers. Maybe I should give her the accent."

"'It's twue! It's twue! It's weally twue!' Heh heh heh. Okay, yeah. And with the make-up bit. 'Taffeta, darling! Taffeta!' And she can call him Wubeus. Oh, that's terrible. Gotta do it."

"I suppose to be fair I should give everyone else accents, too."

"Blue is French. Why do I think French? …Ah, the blonde half-siren chick from Harry Potter. Okay. What about the red amazon?"

"French, Potsylvanian, Fudd… Artemis is already upper crust British… I'm out of easy accents that I haven't used already. Mock Swedish. No. Wait, hmm, faux Chinese! 'We wirr kirr the Labbit!' No, that's stupid. Really stupid. Um. Wait, Cowboy. Cowboy accent. Yeah. Annie Oakley."

"Should I make Rubeus all surfer? Like he's played by Owen Wilson? …Naaah."

"Rei as Daffy. (Later version.) 'No, no, Rei, he does not have to shoot you now!' 'I SAY HE DOES! SHOOT ME NOW!' 'Duck season!' 'Rabbit season!' '…Youma season?'"

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Usagi in the dub refers to her as "the pink spore," a term picked up with gusto by the fans who don't like her.
I like that! Even though I don't really know the character yet. Spore is a fun word.

I admit I have misgivings. Magic children can have dangerous effects upon storylines.

And in thinking of Misfile, many fans on the forums there refer to perky young upstart character Missi as a "fungus."
Awwww, Missi's not that bad. :p

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
So, the manga had Usagi and Mamoru, immediately post the defeat of Beryl unite by the dock, preparing to kiss when PiNK shows up with the gun demanding the crystal.

Yeah.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, the manga had Usagi and Mamoru, immediately post the defeat of Beryl unite by the dock, preparing to kiss when PiNK shows up with the gun demanding the crystal.

Yeah.
Usagi: "At last my sweet!"
Mamoru: "At last! And now—"
Naoko Takeuchi, coming off of a harsh break-up: "Fuuuuck youuuuuuuuu!!!" /blam blam blam blam blam

Cruton

Retired User
"You know, that really is a bizarre outfit Purple is wearing, isn't she? She looks like a caberet ostrich.
"So they've been standing out there all afternoon?"
"Yep. I think they're time travelers."
"You think so?"
"If the future did a documentary about the last fifty years, this is how badly the reenactors would dress."

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Someone (and by 'someone,' I mean Ami. Or maybe one of the others, with some advice. They gotta realize it's not a good thing, right?) has to set her strait about that habit and get Mako dating all healthy-like :)
I think the last thing Ami would want to do is set Mako-chan straight. *rimshot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom