• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Walkin' on Sailor Moon (thread 3 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #61: Huge Shock for Usagi! Mamoru Declares a Break Up!

Usagi: "Usi."
The Kid: "No!"
Usagi: "Little Bunny Foo-Foo."
Usagi: "Yoko."
Usagi: "Princess Victoria Serena Dorotea Pippilena Banana Fanna Bo Bena the Third."
Usagi: "...Wanna see my pet?"
Usagi: "Sally."
Mamoru: "Sally?"
Thrakkorzog: "Now you're doing it deliberately. How childish."
Yolanda has a spirally parasol!
Yolanda /spins the parasol. "Obey. Obey the Hypno-Parasol."
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-PARASOL.

Mamoru: "I'm breaking it off."
Usagi: "Haha! Funny. Single motherhood. Yeah. But seriously—"
Mamoru: "I don't love you anymore. Uh, and I need personal space. Have a nice life."
Usagi: "GET BACK HERE."
/golfclaps. Excellent work, dude.

...We see here the beginning of the writers not really having any idea what to do with Mamoru. :(

and quietly collapses to her knees and leans her head against the cold metal stand

and sobs and heaves in private.

"Mom, I'm sorry… I'm so sorry… I can't bring him home next time… I can't… I… Mommy… "
:(

Tick: "A supe... a supe... a SUPERVILLAIN?!" /tears of joy

"THANK YOU GOD!!!!" :D

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Sailor Moon R Episode #61: Huge Shock for Usagi! Mamoru Declares a Break Up!

Does anyone here actually like the anime Black Moon arc ? The fourth season gets a lot of flack for being terrible, but I suspect that the main reason R is rated higher is thanks to the Doomtree arc, which is really far superior in execution. (I found it interesting that the manga Black Moon arc doesn't bother with much of this nonsense, and turns up to be a much better version of the same story, despite its pacing problems.)
*Raises hand* I did! I liked the villains, liked the plot, didn't mind Chibi-Usa and Luna P, recalled there's some good episodes though it's been awhile... and I think I quite liked the finale too.

I'm for avoiding "what people will think of the arc that's just starting" stuff, though. Except in the very most general of terms "I liked this season/didn't like it."

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Evil Midnight Lurker said:
Usagi: "...Wanna see my pet?"
"WAAAAARRRGH!"

…Looking at my sketch again, I realized just how much my BWAHAHAHA Usagi looks like Agatha Heterodyne. Well, one Madgirl is a lot like another, I suppose.

It's probably a good thing the Silver Millennium Palace Guard was wiped, though. (Usagi walks out of the school building, and halts at the sight of two score brawny men—and a couple of women—waiting for her with big, toothy grins. "Hyu Majesty! Ve haff come to serve hyu!")

charlieluce

Still Pony
Validated User
It's probably a good thing the Silver Millennium Palace Guard was wiped, though. (Usagi walks out of the school building, and halts at the sight of two score brawny men—and a couple of women—waiting for her with big, toothy grins. "Hyu Majesty! Ve haff come to serve hyu!")
Closely followed by "Mamoru Chiba, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!"? :D

WrenTruesong

Avowed ShadowJack fangirl
Validated User
He just needs to work out the bugs on the Floral Gatling Array. :D
Or a cooler name and possibly some sort of focus item to enhance Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber. :D

Of course, the amusing thing about his Nice Hat is that Takeuchi plainly hated to draw it--in the manga, she's always drawing Tux-boy-kun with it falling off, or already gone. :p No Jaegermonsters for her!

JeanneHedge

Validated User
Though I'm even more affected in romance stories by sense-of-longing without resolution. I remember back in the day I had to quit reading Maison Ikkoku, because it was slowly squeezing my heart out with the tension.
I hope you eventually got back into it, because while it does drag things out (because *I know* Mangaka's feed off of fans' bitter tears and frustations) the ending of it is truly a marvelous release of that same tension.

Also: Rumiko Takahashi finishing off a romantic story-line. Almost unheard of. :D
What's unheard of wasn't Takahashi finishing off a romantic storyline. It was Takahashi finishing a storyline, period! :eek:

Yeah, I know! When I heard there was an actual ending, I realized, "Hmm, maybe I'd better look that one up again." It's on the round-to-it list.
I love the way Maison Ikkoku was finished. It wasn't just thrown on you at the last minute. You got the ending before the end actually came, and had time (several episodes, in the anime) to enjoy how it all wrapped up.

And besides, in the last few anime episodes there's this one scene with Godai and Kyoko (and her father) that never fails to bring me to tears...

(spoiler identifying the content of that scene):
Spoiler: Show
Episode 94, the one where Godai proposes. And Kyoko replies: "Can you make me... one promise? Please... Even if it’s just by one day... Please live longer than me. I don’t think... I can... live alone... ever again."

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
The whole premise is a little flawed to an adult perspective. I mean, the axis of love and justice for the surrounding area is a friggin' Body Shop? Really? Not, like, a soup kitchen or an important employer or the neighborhood park or anything else that people might depend on or have emotional attachment to? It's just a little hard to parse the idea that a store whose sole virtue is selling make-up is supposed to be a nexus of positive energy when the aesop of the episode is how bullshit make-up culture is.

Unless the whole thing is just ley lines. Feckin' ley lines.
That I was wondering about. Might just be ley lines. Also, since we're talking time travel here, it might be something this place will become, which won't happen if the Bad Guys are screwing it up…

But since we don't see any of that, I can only speculate.
Hm, I do have a theory, but it is partly spoilery, and I have to see some more episodes to confirm it, has been way too long for my memory...
But maybe Shadowjack´s theory is right here...
which is funny, as he would have hit the Balers Eye blind, again...:cool:

Nope, must have tapped some vein of subconscious something-or-other when I was assigning accents.

Like I said earlier, it literally went, "Well, let's see, Elmer Fudd, Mock French, Mock Eastern European, Mock… um… damn, I've done so much already… okay, Mock Cowboy, y'all. And she's in red, looks like an active character."
Singin:
Yaya-Yippie-yippi-yay !
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom