• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

JDCorley makes you into an awesome Changeling GM

SteveD

Platypus Rises
Validated User
If I have to do all that just to be an awesome GM, the game ain't good enough to buy. The game should make me awesome by itself.

iresprite

Pimping out Dances
YOU GO TO HELL
Wait, will THAT make me an awesome Changeling GM?

'cause man. That's commitment.

Okay, onto the real point of this post.

Not like not liking country music. That one's fatal.
I grew up in a New England town where country music was, well, country western pop that just felt utterly vapid and never spoke to me (and if it did, my parents told me to go and tell an adult). Now, later on in life, I've discovered that there may be some portions of country music that I can dig. I'm a big fan of folk and bluegrass, so I'm not too far off from country, I suspect.

The only real country stuff I think I've liked is by the man in black himself, Johnny Cash. Is that a good start? If so, where should I look next?

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
To try to add something constructive that won't piss off JD:

I would strongly encourage you to take a walk around the neighborhood or two, and pay attention to the local flora and fauna. Particularly cats, and crows, and beetles, and flowers.

If you've read Charles DeLint at some point, that's all very well, but if not, it's not necessary.

Brandi

Validated User
Also, I'm assuming JD doesn't mean that rancid aerosol cheese known as "the Nashville sound."

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
But what if I don't like the Americana genre, don't live in the US, and rarely set my games in the US? I kind of doubt Scandinavian trolls would wear cowboy hats or tell stories about John Henry or Pecos Bill.

JDCorley

Banned
But what if I don't like the Americana genre, don't live in the US, and rarely set my games in the US? I kind of doubt Scandinavian trolls would wear cowboy hats or tell stories about John Henry or Pecos Bill.
I just told you what to do to become an awesome Changeling GM, there are other methods, but all I know is my method.

Cowboy hats, wtf, where did you get that from?

Top Bottom