• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Jenna Moran's upcoming new game, Glitch

Felix

RPGnet Member
Validated User
True fact: those who study the history of language say that red is the first color, after white and black, to appear in most tongues. When Homer called the sea "wine dark" it is probably because it glistened like wine and Greek had no word for blue or green yet.

Anthropologists speculate this is because red is an important sign of danger, the color of blood and many poisonous plants. But the explanation from Clarimond Holmes, the word was needed to describe an invader, makes more sense, doesn't it?

Brian888

Validated User
I have to say, there's something very haunting about the spare, simple beauty of that Glitch cover in the preview, even if it's just a mock-up. I hope the eventual book keeps that tone.

Jenna Moran

Validated User
I have to say, there's something very haunting about the spare, simple beauty of that Glitch cover in the preview, even if it's just a mock-up. I hope the eventual book keeps that tone.
I'm currently expecting a cover design in that general vein; only, done by a visual artist, and not by me.

Best wishes,

Jenna

Felix

RPGnet Member
Validated User

So trees don't exist. And in Nobilis terms, Prosaic Reality has decided we need trees enough that it puts a Level 4 Obstacle in the way of most of us perceiving that trees were WBH'd out of reality at some point.

So when a child says "Help, I climbed this tree and can't get down" and we see them there, are they using their in-built telekinesis to levitate where we all mass-imagine the branches are, or do we all share the same delusion that the child is on a branch six feet off the ground? Dr. Feldr should apply for a research grant (assuming that it's named after a person and not after the first region where people claimed there were trees, or the first dryad to claim she was a tree).

LordofArcana

Validated User
So when a child says "Help, I climbed this tree and can't get down" and we see them there, are they using their in-built telekinesis to levitate where we all mass-imagine the branches are, or do we all share the same delusion that the child is on a branch six feet off the ground? Dr. Feldr should apply for a research grant (assuming that it's named after a person and not after the first region where people claimed there were trees, or the first dryad to claim she was a tree).
The most likely explanation is that "trees" are simply a combination of almost entirely unrelated phenomena that we mistakenly perceive as a unit. So there's something holding the child up, but it isn't the thing that generates oxygen and both are only loosely connected to the brown and green visual hallucinations that we all know and love..

"Trees" are a useful fiction that is accurate enough for going about your life but that's purely a neurological kludge, like seeing images rightside up or water quenching thirst.

thenorm42

Validated User
Is there a webpage somewhere that'll format microfics / flores into the cool rectangular format Jenna uses?

Also, ooh, the cover is as pretty as a rainy day.

Top Bottom