• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Jigglypuff's Big Thread of Miniature Painting.

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
I've been burning up the paint brushes the end of August and all of September so instead of clogging up the monthly painting thread I figure I'll make my own painting thread. The weather wasn't any help with all the humidity. I waited and waited for it to break so I could clear coat these but my waiting never paid off. Instead I build a spray box out of my box fan and foam core and sprayed them in the house with the fan attached to the window.

This thread will contain my random miniatures that I paint. You'll see everything from Reaper, CAV, Games Workshop, and Privateer Press.

I really appreciate comments, suggestions and tips as it keeps me motivated to keep painting. Maybe I can cut down on my massive pile of miniatures.

Enough talking lets start the thread out with a bang on with the tsunami of pictures.

Cygnar Warjacks from the @ player start box with Cryx.

Wolf guys from the Old 2 Player starter box.

The Warp Wolf from the old 2 player starter box.

The Skorne Starter box.

Now a word about the newer starter boxes. I really Hate the plastic these things are made of. It's not bad on the larger models but the normal human sized ones are really hard to pick out some of the details. Alot of the Cygnar Infantry I got with the two player starter box have soft details, I won't even get into the mess the Warcaster's face is from the Skorne starter box is (And I got another skorne box to paint!).

Anyway next up is Soul Wars. These two are my test subjects.

After those models above there is no way in hell I'm painting the stormcasts gold. I'll pick an alternate scheme for them. The Night haunt looks super easy to paint so I should have no problem with him.

Well that's all for now.

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
This pic is a bit blurry but I took it quickly before I painted any further.

So far this is my color scheme. I think the Teal looks ok, but I want to see what others thinks. Yes there will be gold on it but no much, just around the shoulder pads and some on the weapon.

Scutarii

Validated User
Looks like it'll come together nicely. I would suggest adding an edge highlight to the silver to make it a bit brighter (unless you're aiming for a more dull mettalic scheme of course).

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
And..... Both finished. That was easier then I thought it was going to be. Now to figure out a base scheme once I get more of them finished. Time to assemble more.

Scutarii

Validated User
And..... Both finished. That was easier then I thought it was going to be. Now to figure out a base scheme once I get more of them finished. Time to assemble more.

Liking both of those! Great work and pretty quick turnaround :)

I found the Stormcast pretty fun to paint (mine are in gold...), lots of broad areas and straightforward details. Haven't tried any of the new Nighthaunts as I traded that half away for more Stormcast. How did you find team ghost?

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
Liking both of those! Great work and pretty quick turnaround :)

I found the Stormcast pretty fun to paint (mine are in gold...), lots of broad areas and straightforward details. Haven't tried any of the new Nighthaunts as I traded that half away for more Stormcast. How did you find team ghost?
If it wasn't for drying time the nighthaunt would've been done in 40mins. They're real easy to paint up.

Top Bottom