• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Jigglypuff's Big Thread of Miniature Painting.

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
Small update I finished some Nighthaunts up they just need to be sealed and flocked. I may go back and do some more work on their chains but that's all.

This was the first time ever I used games workshop textured paint for the based. I'm not sure I care for it. It's nice and quick but the base looks flat.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've been burning up the paint brushes the end of August and all of September so instead of clogging up the monthly painting thread I figure I'll make my own painting thread. The weather wasn't any help with all the humidity. I waited and waited for it to break so I could clear coat these but my waiting never paid off. Instead I build a spray box out of my box fan and foam core and sprayed them in the house with the fan attached to the window.
Just a note that you can put an air filter -- the same kind used in HVAC units -- on the intake side of your box fan to catch most of the particles being sucked through. This helps to prolong the life of your fan and also keeps your neighbor's wall, or the car parked under your window*, from being speckled with paint. Most box fans are sized to take a 20 x 20 filter.

*this may or may not have happened to me.

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
You need to dry-brush the textured paints. Other than that, look great.
They are drybrushed with Valljeo Sand. :(

I also washed them with strong tone from the dropper bottle. Maybe I need to do some more work on that =)

As for the filter on the fan I only spray rarely and on the inside even less. I don't think that will be an issue for me. =)

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
Ok finishing up so more miniatures. Just wanted to say that I figured out how to use the citadel textured base paint. This time I glopped it on pretty thick and it looks better then when I used it before on the night haunts.

Also I changed my scheme for the Sig marines a bit. I lightened up the Teal and used lighter colors on the tabards. Now I just have to go over the test mini with the new colors.

Scutarii

Validated User
Ok finishing up so more miniatures. Just wanted to say that I figured out how to use the citadel textured base paint. This time I glopped it on pretty thick and it looks better then when I used it before on the night haunts.

Also I changed my scheme for the Sig marines a bit. I lightened up the Teal and used lighter colors on the tabards. Now I just have to go over the test mini with the new colors.
Looking forward to seeing them :)

I find paint with sand integrated already quite difficult to spread on the base, is the GW stuff any easier?

I do like their Agrellan Earth cracking paint though, that's easy to apply and looks good.

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
I'm using Agrellan earth it's working pretty well. I use hamburger skewer to put the paint on the base then use a a thin piece of bamboo to spread it around.

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
All done. I made my own homemade static grass.. On the test miniature the blend was too bright and white but I left it on since I super glued it. After glue it I didn't feel like tearing it off.

Top Bottom