• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

John Wick 3: para bellum [Spoiler Thread]

dmjalund

Polychromatic Pikathulhu
Validated User
So, they are definitely setting things up for a fourth instalment. Has Keanu signed up for it yet?

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
There hasn't been any official statement that I've heard of - but Keanu has generally been down for these movies, as they've let him basically give various stunt actors and performers a big showcase (like Keanu's big fight with Cecep Arif Rahman and Yayan Ruhian, and the fight with Mark Dacascos). Like, unless Scott Adkins turns out to be a Steven Segal level asshole, I could see him being a significant antagonist in film 4.

ogier300

Validated User
So, they are definitely setting things up for a fourth instalment. Has Keanu signed up for it yet?
To be fair. the title of this one kind of tips us off it's not the last film - "John Wick 3: Prepare for War" implies there's going to be "John Wick 4: War".

Rather enjoyed the film. The growing world building was excellent, and the action sequences are works of art.

Through the film I kept feeling like the High Table, which clearly relies on fear for its control, was pushing people too hard. And in the end, it did - John Wick and the Bowery King have nothing to lose now by going to War.

dmjalund

Polychromatic Pikathulhu
Validated User
I begin too wonder, however, what percentage of New York City population are assassins?

Shade the Lost

Validated User
You know, if I had one word to describe this film, brutal would be that word.

I'm still sort of wondering if Winston's actions at the end were for the adjudicator's benefit. It's pretty convenient for Wick to have had a rescuer handy, after all. We shall see, of course. It could be it was exactly what it looked like. I'm still going to hold out a sliver of hope that it was Winston playing a very, very dangerous game to get a small measure of safety to lay his final plans before war breaks out in earnest. It'd make the ending a callback to Wick and the doc at the start, after all.

Dave999

Validated User
The High Table clearly does not have their shit together nearly as well as they thought. Their handling of the situation is also rather arbitrary, which fits with the fact they've lost a member and are criminals who need SOMEONE to punish.

prototype00

Validated User
Secret origins of John Wick was a welcome surprise. I don't think it's been hinted at in previous iterations that he was a Belarussian Roma orphan and thats where he got his throws from.

Dave999

Validated User
Secret origins of John Wick was a welcome surprise. I don't think it's been hinted at in previous iterations that he was a Belarussian Roma orphan and thats where he got his throws from.
So he's a Chatterling member of the Tal'Mah'Re.

Top Bottom