• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

John Wick 3: para bellum [Spoiler Thread]

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Y'know, I'm a little sad we didn't see the return of Jimmy, but I guess it could've been difficult to work him in again.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One thing that I was kind of disappointed by is that the NY Continental did have any automatic shotguns.
I guess pump action is more recognizable, and ka-ching of pump action is iconic (Feng Shui even has rule when you get more damage is mime pump action ka-ching), but automatic would make much more sense in this situation.

ogier300

Validated User
One thing that I was kind of disappointed by is that the NY Continental did have any automatic shotguns.
I guess pump action is more recognizable, and ka-ching of pump action is iconic (Feng Shui even has rule when you get more damage is mime pump action ka-ching), but automatic would make much more sense in this situation.
They're using semi-auto shotguns (Benelli M2 Super 90 M2's tricked out by Taran), so the pump action is just for cocking I think. Super quick, lower recoil, perfect for what John and Charon were doing.

darken92

Validated User
Saw it today, sort of just one long fight scene, a little cliched. Loved the first fight scene using knives but have 2 issues with the series. The world building is poor and there seem to a lot of "face palm" moments in fights.

By the end the only reason John survives is due to multiple instances of people fighting him choosing not to kill him. Ultimate plot armor. I just wish they had thought the world building through and gone a little more visceral in the fights.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Adn I relized this movie demlishes my headcanon:
THat Jihn Wick is actually Ted "Theodore" Logan III, who in this timeline was sent to military school.

Dulahan

Validated User
What happened in the scene where John gets back to NYC and the ninjas kill some other assassin guys in the middle of a crowd? Nobody reacted. Was that an application of the ninja vanishing power?
That was one of the exceedingly few things in these fantastic movies to break my immersion.
So I finally got to see the movie tonight, and just got back a bit over an hour ago and had time to read this thread...

and I have an answer! Because the bodies weren't there, they panned back at one point and you could clearly see no bodies. I'm pretty sure the ninjas drug the bodies out quickly too.

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
My brother claims the number of motorcycle assailants on the freeway chase after the airport keeps increasing out of nowhere, and I'm not sure I can refute his claim without watching the movie repeatedly (not in my budget, sorry). Anyone else have a better angle on that supposed continuity snafu?

csyphrett

Validated User
My brother claims the number of motorcycle assailants on the freeway chase after the airport keeps increasing out of nowhere, and I'm not sure I can refute his claim without watching the movie repeatedly (not in my budget, sorry). Anyone else have a better angle on that supposed continuity snafu?
I think there is only five or six, but one guy loses his bike and is riding back to back with another rider, and then Wick flips them in the air.
CES

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
I think there is only five or six, but one guy loses his bike and is riding back to back with another rider, and then Wick flips them in the air.
CES
And that reminds me. I saw that guy get off his bike and onto the back of the other's, and then the abandoned bike of course swerves over and takes out a 3rd guy.

Why'd he do that???

I thought maybe that was Zero ngaf about taking out his dude for some sort of tactical fighting advantage (hypothetically), but it wasn't, because as noted, John takes out the tandem pair.

Top Bottom