• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

John Wick 3: para bellum [Spoiler Thread]

csyphrett

Validated User
I believe that he lost a wheel. It's hard to tell from the youtube video but I think his bike to a bullet to the spokes.
CES

Anaguma

Social Justice Fishwife
Validated User
Saw John Wick 3 the other night, and yeah, it was amazeballs. I did feel that some of the specific takedown moves that Wick used throughout the movie started to get repetitive after a while, but that's a minor quibble.

One thing that I really loved (besides everything else mentioned in this thread) was how, when Wick went to the theatre to meet with The Director, he was asked to remove his belt along with emptying his pockets. That seemed odd at the time, but then we got to see why they asked him to later, when Wick ended up using his belt as a weapon against the two Shinobis. :D

I hope as hell they bring back Halle Berry's character for Chapter 4. She was a great addition to the world, and played off of Keanu really well.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Saw John Wick 3 the other night, and yeah, it was amazeballs. I did feel that some of the specific takedown moves that Wick used throughout the movie started to get repetitive after a while, but that's a minor quibble.

One thing that I really loved (besides everything else mentioned in this thread) was how, when Wick went to the theatre to meet with The Director, he was asked to remove his belt along with emptying his pockets. That seemed odd at the time, but then we got to see why they asked him to later, when Wick ended up using his belt as a weapon against the two Shinobis. :D

I hope as hell they bring back Halle Berry's character for Chapter 4. She was a great addition to the world, and played off of Keanu really well.
I have a friend who said he really didn't like Sophia and I deleted his name off my Contacts list.

I mean, not really, but I did spend the rest of the evening suspecting that he was an alien.

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
If anything, we could have had more of Sophia. Fighting with 2 dogs assisting was a neat new addition to all the gunplay and swordswinging.
(too bad pesky rules aboutr faithful animal companions dying prevent that strategy in most games).

But, yes, Halle worked well with Keanu in that movie. In the sense anyone gets around well with anyone in this world...

Joe_G_Kushner

Validated User
My sister and I enjoyed it.

Saw people complaining about the plot.

Get the fuck out of here with that noise. Especially people comparing it to the first one in terms of plot as I'd just watched it and yeah, there is razor thin plot line going on there.

Now if you said "I'm uncomfortable with the sheer amount of human violence, the meaty thumbs of knives into bone and flesh, into eyes, the necessity of headshots as humans are hard to immediately kill", sure, I'd buy that. The film flinches not a second from the horrific violence it sells. The fighting scenes with the knives at the first part of the movie were indeed flinch inducing.

If the company doesn't do a Halle Berry spinoff, they are wasting a huge opportunity to expand the setting and the possible stories. She did a great job.

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
One thing I loved about the fight in the library, against the big guy, is that John doesn't not hit him once in the face with his closed fist, it's an open hand punches and books, because hitting someone's face with your bare knuckles is a surefire way to break a bunch of very delicate hand bones.

Eduardo Penna

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
Has anyone mentioned the continuity gaffe when he arrives at the Middle-Eastern country in broad sunlight, steps into a tunnel and emerges in an alleyway with a serious downpour?

I also didn't like the detour into superheroism in Wick's survival of that fall at the end.

Other than that, it was a John Wick movie, meaning lots of fun.

Duskfire

Validated User
I finally got a chance to see this. It's a whole lot of awesome, but I noticed that it never occurs to John to disguise himself in any way, no matter how many people are looking for him. Is this just the way assassins operate in that world? Honor demands you don't "hide"?

Also - has nobody remarked on the cameo appearance by John Leguizamo? Even bald I recognized his voice and face.

Top Bottom