• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

John Wick 3: para bellum [Spoiler Thread]

Dave999

Validated User
I like to think there's a bit more anger here than there was meant to be. I think Santino was taking over his sister's seat with the support of the other members and John Wick killing him caused a serious disruption of their plans.

They're taking it...personally.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Also the Adudicator went out of the way to punish the King even though he didn't break any rules.
CES
Well, he aided in the killing of a High Table member, knowingly. That might not be a written-down rule, but I'd expect there aren't many of those anyway. It's a, "This is why you don't fuck with us" punishment.

It's just not going to work out the way they thought it would.

Shade the Lost

Validated User
Actually, I don't think the seven cuts had anything to do with "this is why you don't fuck with us." I think, in fact, it ties back to "I have served, I will be of service." The High Table both demands and expects complete and utter servility, so the idea of anyone who knows of them but has a higher loyalty to someone else, such as John Wick? That must be crushed. Which is why they're maimed but allowed to live. They are examples. Which, I am 110% sure, Winston is fully aware of, and that he, too, will be made example of, and soon.

The High Table's endgame is a return to status quo, with the would-be independents brought to heel as living, maimed examples of the High Table's supremacy. Winston's endgame I don't know. John Wick's endgame is, ideally, with him still alive, but also with as many of the High Table at his feet as possible, I think. The adjudicator and Winston are probably higher on the target list for the moment, but only because of their proximity, plus Winston's apparent betrayal. The Bowery King's endgame... probably involves a return to the status quo (as he sees it,) too. Except in his case, it means ruling from his throne, and no one sticking their noses in and commanding him to do anything. He might have larger designs, but I don't get that impression.

At least, that's how I see it. We've got two years to speculate, and I'm so often proven wrong that even I'm not sure I buy any of my speculation.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
I guess I'm not seeing a meaningful distinction between "Do not fuck with the High Table" and "there are no independents; you will be forced to serve." The Bowery King explains he's not under the Table, and the Adjucator basically rejects that argument.

csyphrett

Validated User
I guess I'm not seeing a meaningful distinction between "Do not fuck with the High Table" and "there are no independents; you will be forced to serve." The Bowery King explains he's not under the Table, and the Ajudicator basically rejects that argument.
You're right about that. She traced that gun back jiffy quick to him. Helping John was supposed to keep the Table out of the Bowery, and prevent a war. Now we're seeing the edge of having to prepare to go to war between the almost homeless and the vampires
CES

Dave999

Validated User
You're right about that. She traced that gun back jiffy quick to him. Helping John was supposed to keep the Table out of the Bowery, and prevent a war. Now we're seeing the edge of having to prepare to go to war between the almost homeless and the vampires
CES
In V:TM the Bowery King is a Nosferatu, Winston is Ventrue Prince of New York, and the High Table is the Inner Council down a member.

The Adjudicator is a Justicar.

John is a Signature NPC.

Mhoram

Validated User
The 'One above the Table' seems pure Assamite which says interesting things about how the war between the Camarailla and the Assamites went in the Wickverse :)

Dave999

Validated User
The 'One above the Table' seems pure Assamite which says interesting things about how the war between the Camarailla and the Assamites went in the Wickverse :)
Jon seems to be a Embraced Revenant or Chatterling or Assamite Web of Knives himself.

Someone who had to try VERY HARD to be human.

Maybe working on leaving a Path for Humanity and having a 3 now after a lot of hard work.

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
OK yeah. Wow. Saw it last night in IMAX.

It was like a religious experience. But the Old Testament kind...

No less mythic and operatic than its predecessors, and somehow even more violent! Just exhausting and amazing. Of course I loved it.

So much to say, but just the one random silly thing I can think of right now is...

Apparently one of the commands Sophia's dogs are trained for is, "Whenever you see me shoot someone, go bite their crotch."

Also the nature of The Elder was..... odd... like in a different way than everything else in these films...

Can't wait for Chapter 4: War Were Declared

Oh, and if they don't have Carrie Anne Moss and/or Hugo Weaving in it, well... then... they just gotta keep making these movies until they do!

And Tiger Chen needs a bigger role (he was apparently uncredited as one of the Triads in this one /shrug).

Kurt McMahon

Academic Ninja
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Those dogs definitely spent a bunch of character points on the maneuver Targeted Attack: Genitals.

As a fan of the two The Raid films, I enjoyed watching John Wick fight Yayan Ruhian and Cecip Arif Rahman, karambit knives and all. And they actually survived their encounter with John, so maybe we’ll get a Round 2.

Which Game of Thrones alumnus do you want to see killed in the fourth film?

Top Bottom