John Wick 3: para bellum [Spoiler Thread]

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
P.S.
Anybody else spot 'Gotham's' Penguin ( Robin Lord Taylor) as the Administrator ?
Yep! I thought that was him.

I loved the positively antique equipment they used at the Administration Office - a chalkboard, monochrome displays, I thought I saw a damn Commodore 64.

And yet everyone had ink and piercings.

Very...hipster?

-Thornhammer

Killer300

Validated User
Yep! I thought that was him.

I loved the positively antique equipment they used at the Administration Office - a chalkboard, monochrome displays, I thought I saw a damn Commodore 64.

And yet everyone had ink and piercings.

Very...hipster?

-Thornhammer
Was the Commodore 64 purely text based? Granted, from what I understand, that computer was like, purely a keyboard, weirdly enough, so I assume one had separate monitor attachments...

But for their low tech, I'm assuming that the Administration Office was created a long, long, long time ago, so is ludicrously slow at adapting to new technologies. Also, I could imagine wanting to hide things through more archaic technology.

Antendren

RPGnet Member
Validated User
They did a really nice job forcing themselves to do new things with the action, e.g. by leaving John without his guns, or by giving him foes wearing futuristic body armor. I felt like 2 went to the same well a bit too often. Count how many times the following sequence plays out: John pins a guy to the ground by his arm, then shoots a bunch of other guys who show up, then shoots the guy he's got pinned.

Killer300

Validated User
They did a really nice job forcing themselves to do new things with the action, e.g. by leaving John without his guns, or by giving him foes wearing futuristic body armor. I felt like 2 went to the same well a bit too often. Count how many times the following sequence plays out: John pins a guy to the ground by his arm, then shoots a bunch of other guys who show up, then shoots the guy he's got pinned.
Didn't think about that, but yeah, I can see this.

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
As a fan of the two The Raid films, I enjoyed watching John Wick fight Yayan Ruhian and Cecip Arif Rahman, karambit knives and all. And they actually survived their encounter with John, so maybe we’ll get a Round 2.
I loved that both of them at the end of the fight went "We can take hi...yeah, let's not. We dead." "Oh yeah, we dead." *obviously pretends to be dead* Smart assassins for the win!

Xander

Validated User
Those dogs definitely spent a bunch of character points on the maneuver Targeted Attack: Genitals.

As a fan of the two The Raid films, I enjoyed watching John Wick fight Yayan Ruhian and Cecip Arif Rahman, karambit knives and all. And they actually survived their encounter with John, so maybe we’ll get a Round 2.

Which Game of Thrones alumnus do you want to see killed in the fourth film?
I wonder how you train a stunt dog to -pretend- to tear someone's nuts off.

It must have been scary for the stuntmen also - they probably had huge athletic cups under the brown pants.

"OK, the dog will lunge at you and start biting your jimmies, you roll around and scream. Action!"

csyphrett

Validated User
I like the ninja tricks even though we've seen Wick do this before, it was still neat to watch him vanish in a crowd
CES

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
I wonder how you train a stunt dog to -pretend- to tear someone's nuts off.

It must have been scary for the stuntmen also - they probably had huge athletic cups under the brown pants.

"OK, the dog will lunge at you and start biting your jimmies, you roll around and scream. Action!"
You pretty much got it. Put a lot of padding in there for the dog to go after!

Top Bottom