• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Jonesing for some Planetary Romance

Sundancer

Validated User
Planetary Romance, Sword and Planet, Sword and Blaster, whatever you want to call it.
After leafing through Savage Worlds: Mars, I'd like to read a few books in that vein.

I did a search and found this older thread, I will see if I can find some of the books mentioned there.
In the four years since then, have there been any new books of that genre, or is it really dead ?

JonAcheson

Cyborg!
Validated User
Planetary Romance, Sword and Planet, Sword and Blaster, whatever you want to call it.
After leafing through Savage Worlds: Mars, I'd like to read a few books in that vein.

I did a search and found this older thread, I will see if I can find some of the books mentioned there.
In the four years since then, have there been any new books of that genre, or is it really dead ?
I would not say dead, because most of it is still in print. But the only recent entry I can think of is Marvel Comics' Planet Hulk series, which puts Bruce Banner as the Hulk on an alien world where even his super-strength may not be enough to prevail.

It was generally well received.

Note also that a lot of these books are available from public domain sites like Project Gutenberg.

Top Bottom