• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[JORUNE] Using Sine Nomine Products for Jorune

Crusty One

Validated User
Playing in Jorune is something I think about from time to time. I've never liked the SRoJ system, but love the world.
Over the years I've considered different options: BRP was a front-runner for a long time and more recently FUDGE and Savage Worlds. FATE would probably be great but I've never actually played it (one day I'll bite the bullet and try to run it. Promise!).
But my regular group has changed its make-up over the past year or so and Savage Worlds might not fit the bill very well. Too fighty! The new players have started to develop an appreciation for OSR style play and systems via a couple of Labyrinth Lord games they've played and they enjoyed themselves. So now I'm thinking maybe SWN and Other Dust would be useful tools for building a class and level Jorune game around.
But where to start?
I'm thinking start with a campaign area in mind (Burdoth, most likely one of its border areas), then look at statting races and beasties using the SWN system. Decide what character classes I need to add or take away or modify (do I go with a kind of race as class approach for Muadra, Boccord and different Iscin races?). And then set the players loose with a quick adventure that teaches them something about the setting without overwhelming them. I could even re-skin an old D&D module...

Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? Other systems which spring to mind?

Somebloke

Validated User
There’s a half-completed free conversion of SWN to Fantasy called Wolves of God floating around- it’s Sin Nomes’s next project (or at least one of them). It’s very incomplete but worth hunting down and mining for ideas.

Crusty One

Validated User
There’s a half-completed free conversion of SWN to Fantasy called Wolves of God floating around- it’s Sin Nomes’s next project (or at least one of them). It’s very incomplete but worth hunting down and mining for ideas.
I was not aware of this...

Thank you!

smarttman

I do some stuff
Validated User
There already is a fantasy version of SWN called Spears of the Dawn, and it's very cool. It's focused on medieval African fantasy, but that can be altered

Top Bottom