• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative July Painting Thread

Asklepios

Validated User
Couldn't find the thread, so I made it.

Here's my latest contribution. As usual, I got error messages on trying to upload an image proper, so here's a link:

So that's the old-school Saint Celestine, in classic Sororitas colours. I know there's an even nicer new mini, but I've had this one sat around for years, so I thought I'd get it done.

Last edited:

Scutarii

Validated User
Couldn't find the thread, so I made it.

Here's my latest contribution. As usual, I got error messages on trying to upload an image proper, so here's a link:

So that's the old-school Saint Celestine, in classic Sororitas colours. I know there's an even nicer new mini, but I've had this one sat around for years, so I thought I'd get it done.
Very impressive!

Got to admit it’s also a much more practical model, not only a flimsy connection to the base and not huge!

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Very impressive!

Got to admit it’s also a much more practical model, not only a flimsy connection to the base and not huge!
That’s NOT a flimsy connection to the base? o_O

(It does look nice!)

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nice Celestine!

Happy July everyone. Currently on my painting desk is Jenetia Krole (Sisters of Silence character). I'm also planning on doing a few squads of Custodes Venetarii and some terrain this month, plus some experimenting with Contrast paints.

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The model is metal so is much tougher than the thin strip of plastic that new Celestine has at least!
I'm not sure - the plastic strip on the new Celestine isn't particularly thin and feels pretty secure in use.

Asklepios

Validated User
Thanks, guys!

Yeah, this Celestine is solid metal, and no, it isn't at all flimsy, but then my main army is Eldar, so I may have a distorted view of what constitutes flimsiness. I'm actually pretty pleased with the way this one's face turned out, especially the lips, as often my faces don't come out right.

And actually, I do like the fact that the "wings" on the old model are just formed of a raised up cloak held aloft by cherubs.

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kill Team Elites means I can unleash these lads at the earliest opportunity.

Asklepios

Validated User
Nice metallics and shading! I like how you've done a bunch of different metal tones. I'd be tempted to give the cloth bits a little bit of colour, maybe with some red or green ink. It'll give more contrast for the overlying armour panels.

Top Bottom