• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative July Painting Thread

Anopheles

I draw bugs
Validated User

The second of 3 Khornate Varanguard for AoS. His theme is 'the heat of the forge' or something. Also love how his croco-gator horse came out.

Scutarii

Validated User

The second of 3 Khornate Varanguard for AoS. His theme is 'the heat of the forge' or something. Also love how his croco-gator horse came out.
Looking great!

They do look like quite fiddly models, loads of tiny details. Are they a pain to get done?

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And because I couldn't sleep last night, but it's still a bit too early to head to work, finished off another 'Mech. Hatamoto-Chi in 1st Genyosha colours.

Scutarii

Validated User
Big in depth guide on Contrast Paints - properties, how to use them, how they integrate into techniques, etc.

Hopefully there's something useful for you out there!

Anopheles

I draw bugs
Validated User
Looking great!

They do look like quite fiddly models, loads of tiny details. Are they a pain to get done?

Oh yes, there’s lots of detail to get through. I’m treating each one as a character model for that reason.

Asklepios

Validated User
The world is a better place for croco-gator horses. :)

I love the red glowing through black thing you've got going on the armour there. Very burny.

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User

Beautiful. I'm assembling those these days, though I'll be putting them on proper square (well, in this case rectangular) bases as Sigmar intended.

I have to say that one of the big pluses of Contrast for me is that they remove the most boring stages of painting for me, and therefore make it far less of a chore. This is helping me actually sit down and paint. Now, if that Contrast black ever got back in stock...

Anopheles

I draw bugs
Validated User
I have to say that one of the big pluses of Contrast for me is that they remove the most boring stages of painting for me, and therefore make it far less of a chore. This is helping me actually sit down and paint. Now, if that Contrast black ever got back in stock...
I haven’t tried the Contrast paint yet. The way you are supposed to use them is not my painting style (I mostly go dark to light). I’ve seen some amazing results though.

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
I haven’t tried the Contrast paint yet. The way you are supposed to use them is not my painting style (I mostly go dark to light). I’ve seen some amazing results though.
Yeah, sorry. My post wasn't very clear, but that was totally a tangent and not a comment on your minis, in this case. If it helps, I used to paint dark to light too, and I found the switch to the contrast method fairly easy. They're just another tool in the box, ultimately.

If you ask me, the selling point of Contrast isn't "it produces great miniatures", anyway. To me, it is "a beginner can get these and get very decent miniatures in a short span of time", which is why many professional painters are missing the point.

Top Bottom