• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative July Painting Thread

Scutarii

Validated User
Painted some more LotR elves. Wood Elves I plan on using with Gildor Inglorion for some super speedy stealth

Yeah, sorry. My post wasn't very clear, but that was totally a tangent and not a comment on your minis, in this case. If it helps, I used to paint dark to light too, and I found the switch to the contrast method fairly easy. They're just another tool in the box, ultimately.

If you ask me, the selling point of Contrast isn't "it produces great miniatures", anyway. To me, it is "a beginner can get these and get very decent miniatures in a short span of time", which is why many professional painters are missing the point.
I suggest watching that video I posted above. The big advantages of the paint for 'pro' or higher level painters is that they remain liquid for an extended period of time and so are quite useful for wet blending as they remain 'active' for longer, they also work well with a little bit of medium for glazing. They don't do anything unique at that level (i.e.: if you were already glazing and wet blending then you probably have paints you use for that) but it's a wide range of colours of varying saturation.

Anopheles

I draw bugs
Validated User
Yeah, sorry. My post wasn't very clear, but that was totally a tangent and not a comment on your minis, in this case. If it helps, I used to paint dark to light too, and I found the switch to the contrast method fairly easy. They're just another tool in the box, ultimately.

If you ask me, the selling point of Contrast isn't "it produces great miniatures", anyway. To me, it is "a beginner can get these and get very decent miniatures in a short span of time", which is why many professional painters are missing the point.
I wasn’t reading anything into your comment, don’t worry 😀

The results I have seen agree with your thinking though. It seems to be a great way to avoid the great plastic army syndrome for many players, in a comparably short amount of time. I just haven’t gotten down to trying it.

Asklepios

Validated User
That's a nice dragon. I'm seeing it online for £12.50 and considering grabbing one, but curious as to what size it is. Any chance of a side by side with a 25mm mini?

prankster_dragon

Something Terrible
Validated User
That's a nice dragon. I'm seeing it online for £12.50 and considering grabbing one, but curious as to what size it is. Any chance of a side by side with a 25mm mini?
I can tell you it's on a 75mm base and is about 5" tall at the highest point.

pogre

Validated User
Nice job on the dragon. I hope they put out a similar line of adult dragons.

ogier300

Validated User
Getting into Malifaux 3E, and working on my Latigo Posse. Started the Pistoleros last month, but finished them up and the rest so far getting ready for a Tuesday meet-up.

CrazyIvan

C. different
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Actually the result of several months of painting but...MDF Zone Mortalis kits are finally done.

Top Bottom