• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative July Painting Thread

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
A pretty crappy photo that doesn't do them justice, but I'm a crap photographer anyway. Some beastmen I painted up fairly quick. Mostly Contrast (the metallics and their turquoise belts are normal paints). I went for a brown/red/black scheme to match the rest of my chaos army (which is mostly Khornate in nature), and added some bits of color representing the other chaos gods (some purple and greens) as minor details, to represent that Beastmen are less likely to devote themselves to a single aspect of Chaos. Also, in the background you can see a bunch of Khorne knights that I'm nearly done with, but so much edge highlighting is driving me nuts, so I do that in small batches of one or two miniatures at a time, so stil a bit to go with them.

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Baz!"
"Yeah Gek?"
"Pa's really been 'ittin the sauce this time."
"Kill 'im Gek!"
"Pa, we iz sorry, but we iz wiv the emprah!"

ogier300

Validated User
Finished these 3 off (Abeula Ortega, Papa Loco, and Nino Ortega):

Then hand crafted some Corrupt Idol markers and Explosive tokens for the Strategies:

prankster_dragon

Something Terrible
Validated User
Been painting a few miniatures I've had sat around for a while. Contrast paints have got me surprisingly motivated to get some work done on clearing my backlog.

Firstly, the mini-crate Feralgeist of Christmas Yet to Come

Which was painted mostly with contrast paints (Aethermatic Blue, Skeleton Horde and Black Templar). Then we have an AoS Mistweaver Saih:

Which only uses Aethermatic Blue and Leviadon Blue as far as contrast paints go. Thirdly, I painted up Veteran Helocke from Guild Ball, who is almost certainly going to end up a witch or warlock type NPC in my D&D game I feel.

Though looking at the photo she probably needs a minor flesh wash for her face at least. And finally, a work in progress Veteran Gutter...

...who might end up painted Apothecary White because I kinda like how striking the near white/light grey looks but oh boy does she need some shading on her (as well as details).

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Some demons of the feminine persuasion; courtesy of a Kickstarter for various lady-demon .stls.

A Balor; a "Clawed Fiend" and an "Empusa." Working on several more minis printed from the same KS; but I wanted to post these now. More images here.

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User

I printed out some sheets with posters, computer screens, etc. I'll probably do up the walls a bit this time. Currently testing methods for sealing the surface before painting.

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User

After seeing the spray primer delaminate the paper stock, I thought I better try an alternate method for preparing terrain for paint. The paint used for this test is regular dollar craft paint from Hobby Lobby.

The two thin strips on the left are straight paint on cardboard. Dried evenly, no curling. Took two coats for adequate coverage.

The triangle in the middle is a 3-1 mix of paint and Mod Podge. Matte and completely opaque after one coat, and went on as smooth as jellybread.

The third triangle was sealed with a thin coat of Mod Podge, allowed to dry thoroughly, and then painted. After five coats I gave up on the paint ever covering up completely.

New plan may be to get some containers and pre-mix paint/Mod Podge for priming.

candidgamera

Atomic Turtle
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Progress on my Sentinels - no pics yet, but thought I would share my process thoughts. Firstly, Sentinels have a LOT of options - chainblade or no, missile or no, six different main weapons..

Initially, I started painting the cockpit interior and the pilot, then I decided to screw that noise - closed cockpit all the way. Carefully evaluated weapons options - decided I would never likely run the chainblades; I might run the missiles, but hunter-killer missiles are one-use weapons and I don't feel the need to model them .. which left me with the tons of main weapons.

So I magnetized for all of those. I have all my magnets glued, so that's done; I have the main cockpits together, and am going to do some seam patching with liquid green stuff; I have the snow bases in progress. I'm going all out on these guys, looks like..

Asklepios

Validated User
That Veteran Helocke is a nice looking mini. I don't play Guild Ball, but may seek out the mini.

Top Bottom