Just finished watching Buffy Season 2

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Heck, I even know about Yo!'s...interest in the woman. Due to a unconnected series of events.
Because it's all about me: how? :D

I want to see why at least one person is afraid of the Mayor of Sunnydale.
The Mayor, when Angelus is 'the personal enemy', is 'the system'. He runs Sunnydale.

Charade

Greetings and Bienvenue
Validated User
Xander has balls of steel. He shows intelligent cowardice in the face of incredibly dangerous things that usually he's not able to fight -- then he gulps, makes a lame joke, and goes to fight it anyway.

He's the bravest character in the show. In the first episode, his entire world is thrown into disarray. His best friend becomes an unholy murdering monster and he doesn't have any clue what's going on.

So he grabs a stake and tries to fight. Then he follows Buffy into danger, not just because she was hot, but because there was evil shit going on and he's not going to walk away from it.

Xander is not my favorite character in the show, but I think he may be the most admirable, warts and all.
I love Xander's character. I wasn't sure I would, at first. But his jokes are occasionally funny and you're right, he is incredibly, incredibly brave. The hospital scene, where he backs Angel down, the time when he went into the vampire's lair at the end of Season 2 to get Giles, heck even the beginning of the hospital episode has him hurling a blanket of Angelus and kneeing him repeatedly in the chest. Someone who could undoubtedly snap his neck in a moment. I read the Season 8 comics a while ago, and he threatens Dracula. To his face.

Xander is one of my favorite types of good guys, the one without any powers, or magic, just the kind of guy who is willing to fight the good fight.

Charade

Greetings and Bienvenue
Validated User
Because it's all about me: how? :D

Way back, I was in a thread. Can't remember which one. And some guy who was a tree (Ent?) mentioned, "Oh, that actress who plays Dawn (paraphrasing) she shouldn't visit Greece." And I thought that was a just plain weird thing to say. So I asked him why. And he told me about you.

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Way back, I was in a thread. Can't remember which one. And some guy who was a tree (Ent?) mentioned, "Oh, that actress who plays Dawn (paraphrasing) she shouldn't visit Greece." And I thought that was a just plain weird thing to say. So I asked him why. And he told me about you.
Why did i have the suspicion that Ent would be involved in the story. :D

Top Bottom