• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Just started playing Blood Bowl 2! Advice?

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Sounds good! I'll try getting through the campaign first. I don't have a bead on game length yet. Its like I start and I'm done when I'm done, but I forget to check the time.

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
Sounds good! I'll try getting through the campaign first. I don't have a bead on game length yet. Its like I start and I'm done when I'm done, but I forget to check the time.
The Campaign is weird in that respect. Normally one match is two halves of 8 turns per player each. Turns have a 3 minute time limit, but the timer is paused when you have to take a decision (sometimes it gives you 10 or so seconds to decide). A little under an hour is a good estimate for match length.

Spaßwolf

Validated User
The Campaign is weird in that respect. Normally one match is two halves of 8 turns per player each. Turns have a 3 minute time limit, but the timer is paused when you have to take a decision (sometimes it gives you 10 or so seconds to decide). A little under an hour is a good estimate for match length.
I remember (from before the Enhanced Edition came out) there was a way to change the turn timer to IIRC 2, 3 or 5 minutes in the settings of a Cup/Tournament/whatever it's called. We usually prefered long turn timers, because it left more time for talking.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Multiplayer is more fun, but it can also be frustrating when players disconnect if you score the first TD. (I don't know if that still happens a lot; I haven't played multiplayer in BB2 yet.)

Playing against the AI is a good way to learn the game and it can be fun later as well, but it won't be challenging in the long run. The AI has a couple of behavioral quirks that makes it a bit predictable and strategically weak, so usually it's only the first couple of games when you have a completely fresh team that are difficult and after that it will be unusual to not win unless you're playing a very weak team and/or play against a team that is difficult for yours. (Anyone relying on dodging with weak armor will have a rough time against dwarves, for example.)

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
I'll have to try later on. Last game I was playing crashed before the end of the first half, so... arg. I was losing, but I don't want to be "rescued" by a BSOD.

Top Bottom