• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Justicars

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
It's that time of the month.

That's right: it's Invasion Day, that wonderful day when Earth receives a hostile visit from somewhere else. Today it's the Nuru, the space empire that claims descent from an advanced civilization that existed in Earth's pre-history. That's right: they think they're from Atlantis. So naturally Earth should be all theirs.

This morning several troop ships appeared above your city and dropped pill-shaped pods, each of which pops open to disgorge a bunch of turqoise-armored, reflective-faceplated thugs who immediately wave around their blaster rifles and yell threateningly.

Did I mention they're racists and gave a "White Man's Burden" (except it's a "ancient advanced humans' burden" and they're not all white) justification for why they're invading?

Yeah, it's time to punch face.

Spoiler: Show
The pre-episode teaser, so no need for any rolls: there are plenty of guys for everyone and they're going to fall like a house of cards. This is just so you can show off without worrying about a bad die roll. In fact feel free to puppet the thugs: have them threaten civilians, cause superfluous propperty damage, say something rude, whatever you need. Once everyone's gotten a change to post we'll move on to the real adventure.

Last edited:

KreenWarrior

Legal Smeagol
Validated User
Fiona, Princess of the Mole People

There is a trembling and rumbling beneath the ground, then the great form of the Royal Mole Machine bursts forth from the ground near one of the pods, ramming into and running over several of the alien thugs as they flee in terror from the grinding drills of the vehicle. From the entrance hatch, Fiona bursts forth, clad in battle armor, and leaps into a group of the enemy soldiers, smashing them aside with her immense strength.

"You guys will have to send better than this if you want to take over our planet!"

Yadal

Validated User
Manipulator

A bit further away, two figures are arguing. The shorter one wears a black trenchcoat and glasses covering up much of his features, but is clearly human (and has somehow managed to make his appearance look dorky despite a grin of complete self-confidence). The taller one looks human, broadly speaking, but is covered by a full-body suit making his true appearance unclear.

"Time Out!" cries the older figure, clearly angry. "What the hell were you doing there, Asskick? You didn't manage to land a single hit!"

"I landed a hit!" shouts Asskick, the younger figure.

"Hitting ME doesn't count!" replies the older figure.

Manipulator, the older figure, had of course known the invasion was coming for years and frankly saw it as more of a training exercise than a threat. Asskick, he had concluded and still maintains, sorely needs the training. He's a lot better when he's serious, but still not enough for Manipulator's purposes.

"Never mind!", shouts Manipulator, "The others have this! We'll pull back for now."

Last edited:

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Amarantine

Amarantine, for all that she prefers otherwise, has learned by this time that trying diplomacy with invaders isn't going to work. At least, not if you focus on the rank and file soldiers.

She strides through the lines, absently plucking invaders away from threatened civilians and ignoring their attacks with quiet calm. For some reason, the invaders always focus on the city, so she knows the leaders will be around - and she finds them where she expects to, surrounded by a large group of soldiers, whose increasingly frantic fire still fails to faze the heroine.

Finally, she stops in easy view of the leaders and lifts one of their spaceships, calling out.
"We don't want you, we don't need you, and you're not welcome. Leave. You can do so in your spaceships, or alongside them."

She then throws the spaceship as far up as she can.

Navaren

Philadelphia Experimentor
Validated User
Septagram qucikly twists out of the way as one of the Nuru ships comes hurtling into the sky. Who in the world threw that? Spetagram was well aware that there were other superheroes in the city, but most of them had escaped his notice as they had not yet become players on the multitude's stage. Following the ship's path back is easy and as he decends he begins to clean up after the heroes that were brawling below, manipulating reality to fold slabs of asphalt over the fallen Nuru that have not been otherwise captured. Soon he is hovering over Amarantine and the Nuru leadership cadre. He settles down next to the female hero. "The Nuru... I see. I'm afraid I must concur with my fellow hero. You are not wanted here. Nor do you belong. You see... I remember Atlantis. You weren't there."

Praxias

10th Level Lurker
Validated User
The worst part about alien invasions isn't the collateral damage. Or the threat to humanity. Or even the terrible fashion sense of most invaders. No, it was trying to find a suitably in character reason to sneak out of a fundraiser so he could go deal with an alien incursion. Duke Chronos flickers into place on a decent vantage point to survey the southside of the city, expression beneath his mask a disappointed frown. The other worst part is that this whole thing is being done by Atlanteans. Atlanteans! Next would be the cross dimensional invasion of the Croatan Empire, or something equally ridiculous.

Spotting a group of innocent people being herded along by their new Nuruian "overlords", Chronos makes a moue of distaste and blinks himself down to the group. As the small squad of Nuru invaders begin to react to his presence, Duke Chronos slows their personal timeframe down to the point that they'll finish pointing their weapons at him sometime into the new year. They might get a shot off some point before the next election. Maybe. He looks at the civilians and bows floridly before gesturing off into the distance, "You should know that the 43rd Precinct is handling evacuations for the area. Head that way, let the police officers know about this group of miscreants."

Taking his time to travel via short range jumps and what is effectively superspeed, Duke Chronos swashbuckles his way through the invading forces, slowing some here, fencing with one over there, accelerating a group of doctors so they can assist more injured. The sight of the thrown spaceship and the flying man draws his attention, sending him in that direction. Watching quietly from nearby for Amarantine and Septagram's speeches, Duke Chronos takes the time to teleport himself into a nearby shadow and steps out from it to beside the other heroes. The gold in his eyes flares briefly into a pair of brilliant clockfaces and he freezes most of the Nuru in time. "Do let me know if you need some extra time to decide."

Beyond Reality

Validated User
When the "hostile threat" alert sounded in the Micronesian embassy, Micronomous was in a policy meeting discussing the ethics of providing primitive species with advanced technology. He didn't even bother to adjourn the meeting or come up with any kind of excuse...he ran from the room, hooting with excitement and at someone to ready his board as he tore off his ceremonial robes.

Within moments he was airport, "The Nuru huh! These guys never learn! That's why I love em!" He entered the fray at street level, zooming along at breakneck speeds on his board and growing to roughly a foot tall in the process. With his increased height he smacks aside the invading thugs with the impact of a bowling ball, zipping from minion to minion and knocking them flat, all the while dodging any attempts to return fire.

However, he soon got tired of just mopping up losers at street level and angled his board higher, aiming for one of the troop ships and growing to his full, enormous size as he went, ready to plow straight through the Nuru's hull.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
"Never mind!", shouts Manipulator, "The others have this! We'll pull back for now."
But as you go a strange little fellow appears in the alley before you.

He looks around in a jerky motion like a bird then focuses most of his eyes on Manipulator. "Huh? What are you doing here? Oh dear, am I late? Or are you early? Oh dear indeed." He begins chewing on his claws with a few of the heads.
"We don't want you, we don't need you, and you're not welcome. Leave. You can do so in your spaceships, or alongside them."
"The Nuru... I see. I'm afraid I must concur with my fellow hero. You are not wanted here. Nor do you belong. You see... I remember Atlantis. You weren't there."
The one commanding the squad yells out "Don't listen to them, soldiers! Remember your mission and your duty to the Imperial Philosopher--"
The gold in his eyes flares briefly into a pair of brilliant clockfaces and he freezes most of the Nuru in time. "Do let me know if you need some extra time to decide."
However one of them doesn't appear to be affected: the one standing in the center of it all, with gold armor with a pearlescent crest above the visor.

“Time controller,” he says, possibly speaking into a helmet com, “13th battalion frozen. Quantum tangent bubble effective. Moving to intercept.” He begins growing, until he is the height of a 3-story building.

“You can’t hope to face me,” he says, looking down on you. It doesn’t sound like he’s bragging, more just stating facts. “I am the product of generations of breeding by humans far more advanced then your meagre evolution has produced. Submit now and not only will I not have to humiliate you but there may be a place as assistants to the new military guard of this city.”
....angled his board higher, aiming for one of the troop ships and growing to his full, enormous size as he went, ready to plow straight through the Nuru's hull.
There is a tremendous explosion as the Nuru ship’s hull rips and pieces are sent hurtling.

Spoiler: Show
Same deal as before: describe how you’re giving the guy a beatdown, no rolling. He won’t go down with one punch but you can beat him if you all attack together.

Manipulator you have no idea who the weird creature is.

Yadal

Validated User
Asskick may be egotistical, but he's enough of a good person not to attack a newcomer just because they're there. Manipulator thus has valuable moments to think about what he might be dealing with.

It's more likely that the new character is insane and thus irrelevant, or alternately some oddjob with the alien invasion. But another possibility, and a dangerous one, is that he's a time traveller with an unknown agenda. If Manipulator asks him directly he figures the guy will just speak in riddles, so he tries a different approach.

"Do you want to ask us some questions?" asks Manipulator. "Maybe we could help you figure things out."

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
The one commanding the squad yells out "Don't listen to them, soldiers! Remember your mission and your duty to the Imperial Philosopher--"

However one of them doesn't appear to be affected: the one standing in the center of it all, with gold armor with a pearlescent crest above the visor.

“Time controller,” he says, possibly speaking into a helmet com, “13th battalion frozen. Quantum tangent bubble effective. Moving to intercept.” He begins growing, until he is the height of a 3-story building.

“You can’t hope to face me,” he says, looking down on you. It doesn’t sound like he’s bragging, more just stating facts. “I am the product of generations of breeding by humans far more advanced then your meagre evolution has produced. Submit now and not only will I not have to humiliate you but there may be a place as assistants to the new military guard of this city.”

There is a tremendous explosion as the Nuru ship’s hull rips and pieces are sent hurtling.
Amarantine sighs heavily.
"Obviously, your people, so terribly advanced, never learned the simple adage 'The bigger they are, the harder they fall'. And with arrogance like yours, it's going to be a hard fall indeed."

Knowing that she could probably lift him, but not wanting to damage the surrounding more than t hey already have, she looks at the other two.
"So, time controller. Any chance you can do a fugue sequence, so I can be in about five places at once? And if some of those mes can be up high, so much the better."

Top Bottom