• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Justicars

KreenWarrior

Legal Smeagol
Validated User
Fiona raises an eyebrow at the strange creature. "Manipulator, i see you made a friend. How nice for you. Care to introduce us?"

Yadal

Validated User
Manipulator quickly grabs Asskick before he can charge the new people head-on.

"Hardly!", replies Manipulator. "Not only is he not my friend, but apparently he is a kidnapper with supernatural powers. I highly recommend we refuse to go along with any request he makes on general principle."

Although he doesn't admit it, Manipulator is actually very worried by all of this. The new situation seems to have deprived him both of his knowledge of the future and of his spy network. It's possible that these people kidnapped some other superheroes in the last timeline, but that implies he would know nothing about them.

Worse still is that if these people wanted to, there's a possibility they could use the same teleportation power to unwillingly teleport the entire group into space. Thanks to Manipulator's disabilities making him less than the typical Uret, they'd all die. The probability of disaster is thus considerably higher, low though it still is, than on any other expedition.

Despite that, however, Manipulator believes as superheroes (yes, even him!) they should be Loyal to their principles in the face of this crisis. The odds that these kidnappers have a sufficiently compelling reason are very low.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
"No time for that, I'm afraid, for we only have--"

His heads spin again with that slot machine sound.

"--ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!"

And for all the fanfare you expected a much more sensational style of time-travel. Instead the world around you "jerks" into a new configuration: a wild deciduous forest at night. Some of you may notice the stars are much clearer here than they are in most of the world/time you are from. Septagram you'd say it's more like ancient times when there weren't so many lights polluting the sky. But Duke Chronos you immediately know you're in a future time.

A black-and-grizzled white pug walks up to you all. It's a very ugly pug, with a tongue that clearly can't fit in its mouth by the way it sticks out, and bulging eyes that wall-eye like a fish.

The five-headed creature is nowhere to be seen.

Navaren

Philadelphia Experimentor
Validated User
Septagram takes to the air to try and see what is around other than the pug. "Duke, Manipulator, Assessments please. The ancients are screaming that we are in the past, but I don't sense enough mystic energy for that to be true. Are we looking at an Apocalypse scenario?"

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Manipulator you read a LANTERN report on something like this happening. Of course you weren't there the first time, the file was damaged in your cyber-attack of their HQ, and you were only sort-of paying attention the first time because it sounded so absurd.

You do know three things:
Be nice to the pug.
Save the people being chased.
It involves Nazis.

OOC: If it's within Asskick's character have him be mean to the pug. He will get turned into a harmless turtle and you'll get a Fate Point.

Yadal

Validated User
A sensible person in Manipulator's shoes would recognise that he had recieved three pieces of crucial advice that would be ideal to share with his comrades. But Manipulator is far too used to being a secretive player who can't even trust his own allies.

Having remembered the report at the last second, Manipulator begins to feel a bit better. A perceptive individual (so not Asskick) would realise that his look of suppressed worry behind feigned stoic features has changed from genuine suppresed worry being feigned stoic features to fake worry behind a real sense of calm.

"I wonder why they came after us?" speculates Manipulator allowed, knowing he's giving nothing away by saying it. "It would be curious to get our hands on the formula behind all this."

Praxias

10th Level Lurker
Validated User
"No time for that, I'm afraid, for we only have--"

His heads spin again with that slot machine sound.

"--ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!"

And for all the fanfare you expected a much more sensational style of time-travel. Instead the world around you "jerks" into a new configuration: a wild deciduous forest at night. Some of you may notice the stars are much clearer here than they are in most of the world/time you are from. Septagram you'd say it's more like ancient times when there weren't so many lights polluting the sky. But Duke Chronos you immediately know you're in a future time.

A black-and-grizzled white pug walks up to you all. It's a very ugly pug, with a tongue that clearly can't fit in its mouth by the way it sticks out, and bulging eyes that wall-eye like a fish.

The five-headed creature is nowhere to be seen.
Duke Chronos looks almost visibly pained by someone playing with spacetime like a toy. Well, someone aside from him.

"What di-"

Septagram takes to the air to try and see what is around other than the pug. "Duke, Manipulator, Assessments please. The ancients are screaming that we are in the past, but I don't sense enough mystic energy for that to be true. Are we looking at an Apocalypse scenario?"
"Actually, it would app-"

A sensible person in Manipulator's shoes would recognise that he had recieved three pieces of crucial advice that would be ideal to share with his comrades. But Manipulator is far too used to being a secretive player who can't even trust his own allies.

Having remembered the report at the last second, Manipulator begins to feel a bit better. A perceptive individual (so not Asskick) would realise that his look of suppressed worry behind feigned stoic features has changed from genuine suppresed worry being feigned stoic features to fake worry behind a real sense of calm.

"I wonder why they came after us?" speculates Manipulator allowed, knowing he's giving nothing away by saying it. "It would be curious to get our hands on the formula behind all this."
Duke Chronos sighs quietly and sheathes Tempus Aeternum in its cane, looking like a highly confused yet extremely dapper gentleman as he leans against it while looking at the starry sky. He decides to handle things in reverse order, turning to Manipulator. "I assume you mean how he moved us in time? That'd all depend on your grasp of temporal mechanics."

He then looks up to where Septagram is flying and calls out, "We got moved ahead into the future as far as I can tell. Which is far better than the past, since I don't have to try to fix nearly as many paradox-" He stops suddenly and looks around at the others before asking sheepishly, "Is the plural of paradox paradoxes? Paradoxi? Paradoxen?"

He shakes off his grammatical quandry and then looks inquisitively at the pug, "Please tell me that the solution to our temporal jaunt is not going to be dependent on this dog. Please?"

Yadal

Validated User
"I'm not sure if it is", replies Manipulator, "But that being said we are heroes and as far as we know the pug has done nothing wrong. It would be proper of us to be nice to it."

Manipulator decides to try petting the pug and seeing what happens, aiming for gentleness. In reality he thinks his explanation is utter rubbish (as a pug, unlike a human, has no capacity to be Virtous), but he figures it close enough to human values it will go without comment.

"I wonder whether it wants food or something?"

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Amarantine rubs her temples.
"This is one of the things I hate about what we do. The unscheduled trips to who knows where - or when - without so much as a 'would you please come with us'. Not even time to pack a change of clothes."

Top Bottom