• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Kerberos Club (and other Arc Dream titles) in FATE versions

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Hi, wondering if there's been a more exact ETA for the Kerberos Club Fate Edition. I am really looking forward to this.

Also, if anyone from Arc Dream is reading this, is there any likelihood of releasing FATE versions of other settings? Wild Talents has a ton of great game settings that I can't use as-is because of the Wild Talents thing. I have no idea how expensive it is to release another version of an existing book with a new system, but I bet I'm not the only potential customer out there.

Arc Dream

Validated User
I'm working on Kerberos Club FATE now (layout, editing). I've been hoping to have it in hand at GenCon but I'm not sure if I'll pull that off.

As for doing other properties in FATE version, it largely depends on the response to Kerberos. It means rewriting a lot of material and doing heavy layout work, so it's not cheap. But if Kerberos FATE does decently, I'd be happy to look at FATE versions of the others.

devlin1

Human Paraquat
Validated User
As for doing other properties in FATE version, it largely depends on the response to Kerberos. It means rewriting a lot of material and doing heavy layout work, so it's not cheap. But if Kerberos FATE does decently, I'd be happy to look at FATE versions of the others.
Well, I'm already planning on buying six or seven copies, so if everyone else does the same, I think we can do this!

SuperFigs

Firefighter
Validated User
I am late to the party on this one, but will this be a standalone rulebook containing background and rules? If so, sign me up!

xrayzed

Transfixed
Validated User
I'm a bit torn on the Kerberos Club.

On the plus side there's so much cool stuff in it.

On the down side there's so much stuff in it.

I often feel a bit overwhelmed with settings like these. I know it's not compulsory, but there's a part of me that feels like I need to learn it all before I'll trust myself to play a game in a world like this, much less GM a game. If I don't I feel like I'm doing it "wrong".

It is such a cool setting I'll probably pick it up anyway.

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
I find myself wanting a proper supers version of Fate. Assuming I remotely have the cash when this comes out, I'm planning on picking up a copy.

nfb

Action Scientist
Validated User
As a further follow-up, will it be D6 -D6, or FUDGE dice? I can do either, but I was just wondering.
My recollection from the playtest is FUDGE dice, because one of the things powers can let you do is swap out FUDGE dice for d6s.

Seriously, this book can't come out soon enough. Want.

Pnick

Validated User
I'm a bit torn on the Kerberos Club.

On the plus side there's so much cool stuff in it.

On the down side there's so much stuff in it.

I often feel a bit overwhelmed with settings like these. I know it's not compulsory, but there's a part of me that feels like I need to learn it all before I'll trust myself to play a game in a world like this, much less GM a game. If I don't I feel like I'm doing it "wrong".

It is such a cool setting I'll probably pick it up anyway.
That's the reason I always prefer games centred around a strong published campaign; for me the absolute epitome of this being the 'Enemy Within' campaign. This way the setting is gradually introduced through specific play and before you know it you are fully immersed in the milieu.

Top Bottom