• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

KeyForge and Deckbuilding

Alter_Boy

Post Anything
Validated User
I would like to know more about the mysterious realm of Brebald. My Archon is a Corpulent Renegade from Brebald, probably banished through the trickery of The Big Boned Physician.

Robert A. Rodger

Aspiring Kermit
Validated User
At the tournament last weekend I tried to make all my opponents introduce me to their Archons. I think at next week's I'm going to be more insistent. Perhaps I should work on heralding mine in with a bit more pomp.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
At the tournament last weekend I tried to make all my opponents introduce me to their Archons. I think at next week's I'm going to be more insistent. Perhaps I should work on heralding mine in with a bit more pomp.
I’m seriously considering starting every match by putting my archon card in the middle of the table and shouting “Jayme ‘Despot Patched’ von Uberwald, I choose you!!!!”

(I also really want to know how my archon got that nickname. They’re a despot who was patched? They patched a despot?)

dbm

Validated User
Hi all, me and some friends are buying in to a few decks between us to give this a go as a group, for table play not tournament stuff.

Are there any good ‘how to play’ resources people would recommend?

Alter_Boy

Post Anything
Validated User
This video is pretty good, teaching terms and play at the same time. (It isn't also riddled with a dozen different mistakes. A lot of the tutorial videos for Keyforge are bad for that.)

Asklepios

Validated User
Tried this game for the first time last night, and I have a new favourite cardgame. Been LCGing it for a while, because the distribution model is more forgiving and affordable than the CCG one. But this, this is even better. And while I love deckbuilding, it turns out that what I loved was not knowing what was in my opponent's decks, and this game does that fine.

That Garfield, he's a genius. I mean we knew that already, but damn, he keeps proving it.

dbm

Validated User
So... does that mean series three will have green boxes and series four will be in black? :D

Vargen

Validated User
Ah, so it’s not an entirely new set; it’s new cards mixed in with a subset of the original. That makes sense from a gameplay perspective, even if it is a touch less exciting.

I wonder if the new set is balanced against the old, or whether people are meant to play decks from the same release if they want a serious game.

Top Bottom