• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[kickstarter] Barbarians of Lemuria Mythic edition

Corum

Validated User
The artwork kept reminding me of the Heavy Metal movie. I haven't decided yet whether or not that's a good thing. Backed anyway though.
Thank you! I knew it reminded me of something and, yes, its Heavy Metal. The art style doesn't appeal to me but it is well done.

Still considering buying this but I wish the project success either way.

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User
Thank you! I knew it reminded me of something and, yes, its Heavy Metal. The art style doesn't appeal to me but it is well done.

Still considering buying this but I wish the project success either way.
well you could just pledge at the basic level. If you change your mind later and withdraw your pledge it wouldn't have a big impact on it. Plus you get to see the draft of the rules ahead of time. Just something to consider

wraithform

Validated User
I would be very disappointed if anyone backing at the £1 level didn't feel all the adventure seeds/plot hooks and scattered throughout the pdf weren't worth the price of admission alone and then pulled their pledge.
well you could just pledge at the basic level. If you change your mind later and withdraw your pledge it wouldn't have a big impact on it. Plus you get to see the draft of the rules ahead of time. Just something to consider
Don't pull a douchebag move and do this, please.

And urbwar, please don't encourage this type of douchebaggery, please.

Last edited:

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User

First off, I'm not encouraging anything. I'm merely pointing out that they could check out the game for a small buy in, and if they don't like it, they can withdraw their pledge if they feel it's not worth their money. Considering how good the game is, I'm doubtful many people would do that. But it is their right to do so, whether I agree with it or not.

wraithform

Validated User
First off, I'm not encouraging anything. I'm merely pointing out that they could check out the game for a small buy in, and if they don't like it, they can withdraw their pledge if they feel it's not worth their money. Considering how good the game is, I'm doubtful many people would do that. But it is their right to do so, whether I agree with it or not.
The fucking AUTHOR of the product has urged people not to! Let people arrive at their own shitty decisions without spelling it out for them!

Last edited:

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User
The fucking AUTHOR of the product has urged people not to! Let people arrive at their own shitty decisions without spelling it out for them!
That's not exactly what he said, but I'm not going to derail this thread and debate it with you.

Corum

Validated User

Don't worry, I won't. If a person is too cheap to pay the author ONE POUND for a draft, I wouldn't want that person at my table or in the hobby at all, for that matter.

Malistyr

Validated User
I am a bloody idiot! I have been looking for a system to emulate Larry Correia's Grimnoir series and I completely forgot about BoL and Dicey Tales. The magic system should work well enough with tweaks to simulate the powers in the stories!

Sorry, just thinking out loud. Hmmm, I wonder if Dogs of War would do his Monster Hunters Inc.?

wraithform

Validated User
Don't worry, I won't. If a person is too cheap to pay the author ONE POUND for a draft, I wouldn't want that person at my table or in the hobby at all, for that matter.
Good to hear. (Well, read.)

Sadly, Simon & Co. have indicated that there ARE people doing it, which is sad.

grubman

Grubby Smelly Gnome
Validated User
I'd just like to make 2 quick comments...

If you are thinking you will just use the paypal option instead of giving your credit card to Kickstarter, I would suggest going with the latter. I originally went the paypal route because I don't like throwing my credit card all over the net, but with the paypal option you don't get any of the updates (I almost missed all the add-ons), and you don't really get to have a say by taking part in the conversations. So if you have a credit card, take the chance, it's a much better way to go IMHO for maximum BoL fun. I got a refund on the paypal one and went the kickstarter route.

2nd, if you are on the fence about picking up a hardcover of the Legendary edition on Lulu before its gone...It's a really handsome hardcover! I've had the paperback edition forever, but have mostly used the PDF because I'm just not a fan of perfect bound paperbacks (saddle-stitched are cool because they lay flat and look old school). But the hardcover is awesome. It's in a larger (8.5 x 11) format that is a bit easier to read, the art is all a bit bigger, and it just feels right...not to thick, not too puny. Glad I picked it up fer sure!

Top Bottom