[Kickstarter] Channel A: Alpha Genesis

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
I've played the first edition a bunch of times and now Evil Hat Productions has a new edition they're subsidizing. Basically, you're given a premise, like "Dystopian science fiction" and then you create the title for an anime that would work in that setting using words from the cards in your hand. You then have to pitch the show to the person who will eventually pick their favourite. It's a very light, silly game, but the gameplay is simple, the art is fun and it's generally just a blast to play. And, hey, it's Evil Hat, so you know they'll make good on it.

Uthred

Nature's critical miss
Validated User
Very disappointing that its only available in the US and considering even the tiniest boardgame KS can sort out international shipping their excuse sounds like bullshit to me.

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It was a close call, but it's funded with just hours to go! No stretch goals unlocked unfortunately (unless there's a massive wave of backers last-minute), but at least we're getting it!

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
It was a close call, but it's funded with just hours to go! No stretch goals unlocked unfortunately (unless there's a massive wave of backers last-minute), but at least we're getting it!
Yeah, this one's down to the wire. I get the feeling Fred Hicks threw around some weight to get other indy RPG folks to kick in, bribing them with FATE tokens or something.

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
(Arise from your grave, thread!)

So, how many other backers got their copies yet? I got mine today, and it's a really nice little package! I'll probably have to invest in a card shuffler machine to take on shuffling that title deck though, especially since I was never good at shuffling regular decks by hand to begin with...

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
Got my copy yesterday. Managed to sleeve the box last night, though I did leave the blanks unsleeved. Surprisingly they still fit in the box!

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I got mine a couple of days ago. Depending on who shows for game night at the library, I might get to try it out tonight.

Top Bottom