[Kickstarter] Gloomhaven: Second Printing

Njorhg

Validated User
Gloomhaven is a highly talked about board game which had a Kickstarter which saw its products delivered a few months ago. It turned out that the available retail supply didn't get close to meeting demand since interest in the game blew up over the year and a half it took for the game to be finished.

The reprint Kickstarter is now here.

It's time to join the adventure! Whether you are a veteran mercenary or this is your first foray into the wilds of Gloomhaven, I am happy to have you on board.

Through this Kickstarter, you can pledge to receive a copy of the second printing of Gloomhaven, complete with new health and experience trackers and a revised rule book and scenario book. Your game will come with miniatures for all the character classes, but you can also purchase extra sets of miniatures and standees.

If you already own the game, you can pledge to receive just the upgraded trackers and revised books. In addition, there is also an all-new mini expansion of 17 solo scenarios available.
Unusual for a board game kickstarter might be the expected delivery date, which is just three months out from the Kickstarter's closing date. The Kickstarter is off to a good start, it surpassed the last Kickstarter in its first 60 minutes.

There's been a few threads about Gloomhaven here before. There's a discussion thread for the release of the game here.
BethDragon and Random Nerd are chronicling their campaign here.

Last edited:

Victim

Validated User
As a first time backer on KS, it feels really nice to be betting on a project that I know I already like and that I know is already basically done. Almost half a million in an hour and a half too...

Now I need to find a foam insert plan that I like.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
As a first time backer on KS, it feels really nice to be betting on a project that I know I already like and that I know is already basically done. Almost half a million in an hour and a half too...

Now I need to find a foam insert plan that I like.
Oh, do you build your own? I've tried that once and... well, I'm not Martha Stewart. Let's just leave it at that.

Now I go for the wooden ones I can purchase!

Crothian

Validated User
Are the add on miniatures and standees just extra copies of what comes in the game? I like to get add ons but it doesn't sound like they add much to the game.

Njorhg

Validated User
Are the add on miniatures and standees just extra copies of what comes in the game? I like to get add ons but it doesn't sound like they add much to the game.
The game comes with the miniatures by default. It doesn't come with standees for the heroes, but in the original Kickstarter people could chose if they wanted standees or miniatures through different pledge levels.

The options would be there for the people who didn't get miniatures the first time around, who want ducplicate miniatures, or for those who prefer standees to miniatures.

Last edited:

Victim

Validated User
Oh, do you build your own? I've tried that once and... well, I'm not Martha Stewart. Let's just leave it at that.

Now I go for the wooden ones I can purchase!
I have for Imperial Assault. It turned out okay - some of the edges are a little messed up, and one of the bases is kind of patchwork (the thin presentation board used as the bottom get everything to fit was the most expensive thing so I wasn't going to buy another board for one layer). But it works pretty well even without the cleanest cuts. None of my other games really seem to be crying out for a custom insert. Maybe Mage Knight could use one, but the existing ones with some bags - and alternating card types that go into your deck with the differently backed ones that don't - mean that sorting/finding stuff is not a big problem. A custom insert won't shuffle all the decks, tile, and token stacks, and that is like 75% of the set up.

But Gloomhaven is pretty messy and expansive (the various tokens and decks we might use in a mission seem to have taken up permanent residence on one of my friend's basement tables), so it will definitely need some storage help. And now that I already have the glue and pins, the marginal costs of building a new insert are pretty low (foam boards are available for a dollar). And I'd rather have a kind of junky looking insert for $3 than a wood one for $60. Maybe I'll see about getting some fresh blades and hopefully cut things a bit more cleanly.

Top Bottom