• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Kickstarter] Gloomhaven: Second Printing

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Do you need to solve the second cipher/translation puzzle for that? We got stuck on that.
Inside Envelope X is a puzzle, and solving the puzzle leads to the spoilered bit in my previous post.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "second puzzle". If you mean Envelope A, no, that is not associated with Envelope X and its puzzle.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Generating Elements is somewhat of a pain
After a couple more plays the issue with generating the right elements was an issue of all the characters being new and not being fully equipped. With a few Element generating items sprinkled throughout the party things are going much more smoothly.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
Exactly one year ago I had to stop my Gloomhaven campaign because I was moving to the states and couldn't get the box with me at the time. I just got my box back....and I don't even remember where I was last time.

I'm considering re-starting. Honestly after such a long hiatus I feel more overwhelmed than when I started the first time.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm considering re-starting. Honestly after such a long hiatus I feel more overwhelmed than when I started the first time.
One foot in front of the other
One step at a time
It's a marathon, not a sprint
<other encouraging words>... :)

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
One foot in front of the other
One step at a time
It's a marathon, not a sprint
<other encouraging words>... :)
Thank you. I been packing all that was open back. Also I never destroyed any card (I just saved them elsewhere). The only thing I can't go back is in removing the stickers (since I use the regular one) and some of the cards have Enhancements (nothing I can do about that). So basically I will soft reset and keep track of Achievements and Unlocks in a separate sheet.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
So basically I will soft reset and keep track of Achievements and Unlocks in a separate sheet.

If you have an Android device you might try the "Gloomhaven Campaign Tracker" app. It tracks Global and Party Achievements, Open, Closed, and Blocked Scenarios, Character Sheets, Party Sheets, etc...

Plus if you're out and about talking Gloomhaven with others you can pull out your phone and show your progress. :)

I've been using it since about 10 scenarios in and can't imagine going back to paper. I believe there's something similar for iOS, but I'm not sure.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
Nice to know. I'll check it out.
Plus if you're out and about talking Gloomhaven with others you can pull out your phone and show your progress.
It will help contextualize the game when I talk about it with normies or random strangers. :D

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm finding it easier to align my 3 character solo campaign retirements the longer I play the game. I've just retired my most recent crew of
Diviner + Eclipse + Sun

and I'm looking for my next team. Currently all classes are unlocked and all classes have been played at least once. My first thought is
Two Minis + Angry Face + Scoundrel

Anybody have thoughts about other classes I might play? I'd rather stay away from the following classes for now
Diviner (just played, and will be playing again with Forgotten Circles)
Eclipse (just played)
Sun (just played)
Music Note (played 2 characters)
3 Spears (played 2 characters)
Cragheart (played 2 characters)
Mindthief (played 2 characters)

Top Bottom