[Kickstarter] Shadows of Brimstone.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I dunno - the way they’re running this campaign rubs me the wrong way.

$25 just for pledge manager access?
Significant exclusives available ONLY to the high-tier (around $300) pledges?

I mean, look, I get that they’re not running a charity and need to make money, but aspects of it feel kind of gross.

ecs05norway

Validated User
I'll admit there are a few bits in there I wouldn't mind having, but not at the prices they're asking for. I'll wait for them to hit the 'used' market.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sounds like you were not around during the minecart debacle😉
Nah, I saw all of that, but that feels different. That seemed like more...I dunno, lack of experience with massive Kickstarters and being overly ambitious. This feels a bit more...exploitative, maybe?

Godfather Punk

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind
Validated User
I agree that the 'price' of the 4 Trederran Strike Team, or the $55 for 6 tentacles and 6 Deep Ones are a bit steep, but I think the overall value of Warlord is worth it.

I'll probably do as I did with FoFo and take just the big All-In pledge level, without any add-ons, to make sure all my stuff arrives in one shipment.

Jack

Wave Man
Validated User
I ended up passing on this KS, but I backed the other two deeply so honestly it would take me awhile to get to using this stuff anyway.

And I'm SURE I'll buy some of it because...Vikings.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I wound up giving it a pass as well. I should have had buy-in, some of the exclusive stuff was awesome, but … man. I've got hundreds of unpainted, untouched minis right now Hell, thousands honestly) and with Bones IV landing before too much longer and Bones V sure to kick off after that?

I had to pass.

kross

Validated User
Well, as enthusiastic as I was initially, I too dropped my pledge. Money reasons for one, plus a gimungulous backlog of barely-touched Brimstone stuff already. Plus, I have to admit, I was slightly peeved that the Adventure sets had fewer tiles, and then a paid add-on was used to make up for it. It's a small matter, as the tile expansions offered new missions and so on, but I would have rather paid another 10-20 bucks for the set rather than have 25 tacked on later. Again, this was more down to me than anything the frogs did, but it was disappointing to have to drop out on this when the subject matters were right up my alley.

One thing that peeved me slightly more was the million dollah stretch goal: the Tank. I know it was popular with a lot of folks, but this KS was introducing two new settings -- why not have some REALLY groovy thing for the Viking or conquistador crowd?

Top Bottom