• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
so aside from the paperwork apparently there are also qualifying rounds akin to the Buu Era World Martial arts tournament (Where instead of having fights you just hit a punching machine and they took the highest scoring ones.)
THe papae work does make more like the Multi-verse tournament (where IIRchey had a math test as qualifier).

Isator Levie

Validated User
so aside from the paperwork apparently there are also qualifying rounds akin to the Buu Era World Martial arts tournament (Where instead of having fights you just hit a punching machine and they took the highest scoring ones.)

I mean there are some fights, but clearly they are saving the good stuff for the actual tournament.
I'm glad for curtailing the premise that Allison could be locked in a death match with somebody vastly outclassed.

Wookiee Wrangler

Validated User
I note her Key isn't manifesting. This is all her, although between Royalty and Angelic martial arts she's definitely operating above human max

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One wonders about these people trying to join- do they think they’re going to scratch Solomon by luck?

Knight of Ravens

Validated User
I was wondering at first if we were seeing one bureaucrat following Allison around through her various tests and preliminary rounds, but no, it's just that the tournament's administrators are all very much alike to the point that they're almost interchangeable - uniforms, of course, but also matching haircuts, similar glasses... it's eerie.

Snoof

Time-Travelling Layabout
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One wonders about these people trying to join- do they think they’re going to scratch Solomon by luck?
It's possible they genuinely don't realise how powerful he is.

If they're not from Throne but from worlds in his dominion, they might be unaware of what ki rata and other supernatural martial arts can actually do.

Slybrarian

Self-Replicating Machine
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's probably a fair bit of prestige associated with even qualifying. Getting through a couple rounds could lead to job opportunities or other rewards.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's probably a fair bit of prestige associated with even qualifying. Getting through a couple rounds could lead to job opportunities or other rewards.
That’s fair. People not looking to take on living god but gain some minor fame as a fighter- even if that’s still Dunning–Kruger effect, it’s no longer absurd dunning kruger.

“Sure, there’s warriors with super powerful ultra martial arts and transcendent arts, but those are incredibly rare. Most are probably just solders and brutes. Surely I can make a round or two...”.

Vault Dweller

Bard of Hope
Validated User
I was wondering at first if we were seeing one bureaucrat following Allison around through her various tests and preliminary rounds, but no, it's just that the tournament's administrators are all very much alike to the point that they're almost interchangeable - uniforms, of course, but also matching haircuts, similar glasses... it's eerie.
Solomon's younger sons, I believe. We've seen a few of them already, in other scenes.

Top Bottom